Twitter: Texans making push for Earl Thomas

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You're just pissed off that Thomas is going to pick a ball off for us to give the ball back to Prescott so he can hit McElroy down the seam to win us a Super Bowl.

That will be so in your face when that happens.
Guilty as charged. But I will deny it when it occurs.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Honestly, we shouldn't even be thinking about Byron Jones and even Elliott.

I like both players but guess what, they are under contract.

Prescott carries the OMGHEISAQBWEGOTTAPAYHIM label.

I get thinking "big picture", but that is just asinine.

This is a year to year league.

We need to figure that out.

Just forget about the 24 year old back you used a 4th ovr pick on and the corner that you played well after you screwed up and had him out of position for 3 years.

Instead use that money to go after an injury prone 30 plus FS.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Here's John McClain on the Texans, sounds familiar.

As it stands today, Reid and Andre Hal are their top safeties. They still need a starter, whether it's in free agency or the draft. Mathieu and Landon Collins have raised the bar for safeties after agreeing to deals. Washington is giving Collins $84 million over six years.

Gaine is going to sign some free agents, but he wasn't going to throw around silly money on the first day teams could unlock the vault for opposing players. It's usually non-playoff teams doing that.

At the combine, Gaine said his first priority will always be to re-sign his players before looking outside the organization.

"I think we'll be selectively aggressive where we can, based on what's going to be available to us at various positions," Gaine said at the combine. "I'm always going to try to prioritize this: We're always going to try to keep our own, draft and develop our own, and try to sign our own guys to long-term deals before we look for external solutions. And if we have the ability to do that, that'll be my first priority."

408Cowboy

Reaction score
This is all just silly.

Earl wants to come to Dallas. He accosted Garrett.

Texas has no state income tax. That makes Dallas clearly the right choice.

Wait.
I'm convinced players view the guaranteed money as a status symbol validating their place in the hierarchy of their respective position. If that's the case the local tax rates mean squat which is a rather short-sighted view when it comes to long term financial planning. I'm sure the agents push that view as well since more guaranteed should mean a bigger slice for them as well.