Texans Sign WR Randall Cobb

aikemirv

Reaction score
You might as well have kept Beasley if you were gonna pay that so I am glad they didn't.

Carson

Reaction score
Draft a replacement.

Also some cheaper replacements out there for a one year deal.

Taylor Gabriel
Travis Benjamin to name a couple

mmohican29

Reaction score
This is unfortunate. Really liked Cobb on this team- started to look like his prime self last half of the season. His early gaffes were due to pressing a bit.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My question is can we truly expect to find his IMMEDIATE replacement in the draft round 3 or 4? Not saying I wouldn't draft one but to say you'll drafting a one in round 3 or 4 expecting him to be a day one starter is reaching a little IMO. I'm not sure we don't sign another free agent as his short-term replacement AND draft one. Remember chemistry and being where you suppose to is everything between a WR and QB. Even some the slot WRs many of us were high on in 2019 draft, struggled big-time last season. Some barely got any playing time. So I'm keeping my eye on cheap vet we rent for a year or two.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Draft a replacement.

Also some cheaper replacements out there for a one year deal.

Taylor Gabriel
Travis Benjamin to name a couple

Beat me to it ......see my post my man (LOL)

But I have no idea good vet replacements out there......

Xavier187

Reaction score
I think Dez is comming back and Dallas will get a WR in the draft aswell. The Cooper contract kinda hurts Gallup. So I WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER JEUDY OR LAMB at 17 as a precaution if Henderson or Delpit are gone. I believe VIKINGS are the true team to watch on secondary besides the Falcons

InTheZone

Reaction score
Good luck to them. Wonder if Cobb knew he was good as gone anyway with M&M as his coach again.

John813

Reaction score
I'm still somewhat high on Cedric Wilson.
We'll see if he fits what MM wants in a receiver

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hate to lose Cobb but at the very least this looks to be a strong draft for WR even in the middle rounds to late rounds

Sydla

Reaction score
Kind of stings but whatever.

Curious to see where they are going to use all this cap space.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
He was a solid addition last year. But in no way worth the price the Texans paid.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is not a big loss for Dallas. They have an opportunity to get faster on offense now. Cobb is on the downside of his career.

I am pretty sure the Cowboys expected this and will draft a WR on day 2 or 3. They also have some young guys, and Devon Smith to try and take Cobb's place.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wanted to keep him but not for that price. He accomplished what he wanted to do, a 1 year deal, proved he can still play.
But he is replaceable. We still have Devin Smith on the roster, they can draft a WR in the 3rd or 4th round. Heck, they may even bring back Austin though many will oppose that. But can't blame them either. But not sure right now what I think about it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
we shoulda signed him then traded him to Houston for Hopkins. Coop, Hopkins & Gallup should have been enough to get some things done.