Texas Unmasked and didn't Explode w/ Covid

Discussion in 'Covid Zone' started by kskboys, May 11, 2021.

1. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,873 Messages
    53,769 Likes Received
    No, I can assure you I didn't lie and don't appreciate the accusation. I saw the article and it was connecting to Spring Break and I didn't say it was exploding and neither did the article. It simply stated it had increased and that may have just been in that area of the state and a spike more than an incline. I did not see any follow ups to that and I never drew any conclusions from that article. I saw it and passed it along, fwiw.

2. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

10,345 Messages
    8,954 Likes Received
    That's what I think too. I can see masks being of some help in crowded situations, like a subway car. But once they shut down large gatherings, what use are they then?

Streetwise likes this.
  3. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

27,201 Messages
    29,841 Likes Received
    I can't figure this out, CC. It was easy to check on. Why the misinformation? Was my google search incorrect?

Apologies for upsetting you.

4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,873 Messages
    53,769 Likes Received
    I didn't search for it, it was there in my morning news and I didn't drill down on it and gather any details, just the headline and a para in on it and it was about spring break.

I can assure you it was there, the authenticity of it? Have no idea if that was fact and maybe they posted it and took it down. I never saw any follow up on it and at the time it wasn't a thing anyway. I don't care about anything in FL.

It would not be the first time I've seen something on Google News that suddenly disappeared and was never seen again. It's like watching the news on a mass shooting unfold, the numbers are crazy and in a constant state of flux until the entire story is told but accuracy takes a backseat to speed in the national news.

Don't like the word "liar" used toward me. Yeah, that will upset me pretty fast.

There was no malicious intent or private agenda, I share a lot of what I read on Google and MSN News here. Like this: CDC report: Georgia schools where teachers wore masks had lower COVID infection rate (ajc.com)

I am sure this will fan the flames of those in the "masks don't work" camp. Like to see them go in for major surgery and just tell everyone in the OR to relax and take off their masks.

5. kskboys

27,201 Messages
    29,841 Likes Received
    Coach, you called people ignorant that don't agree w/ you. I agree that the name calling should cease. Being called ignorant upsets me pretty fast.

cml750 likes this.
  6. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,873 Messages
    53,769 Likes Received
    If that's the way you read it, that's not what I was saying.

DanteEXT likes this.
  7. kskboys

27,201 Messages
    29,841 Likes Received
    You did say that at one point, don't remember where.

Anyway, looks looks to me as if the site you looked at was lying, not you. The incorrect info was posted to further an agenda by someone, it appears, but it wasn't you who lied, so it wasn't you I was calling a liar.

Apologies.

cml750 likes this.
  8. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,873 Messages
    53,769 Likes Received
    We good, but then we were going to be good regardless.

kskboys likes this.
  9. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

6,191 Messages
    5,274 Likes Received
    Wow! That's a lotta trip'n! I can't imagine commuting that far.

10. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

4,674 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    It is not too bad. I listen to a lot of podcast on both my drive to work and my drive home. I leave the house around 4:20 every morning so there is very little traffic. If I leave work by 4 PM the traffic going home is not too bad. The wort part is the gas. I an driving a full size truck for now. If we do not take up my companies offer for the moving package I will be purchasing a vehicle that gets better gas mileage. We have until the end of July to decide if we want to move or not.

11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    I meant to post something about this a few days ago but it was the weekend and then yesterday was hella busy. Anyhow, I believe it was on the 17th, Texas reported Zero Covid Related Deaths. Yesterday, 4 Deaths.

Way to go Texas, Good on you!

Same goes for Arizona, Minnesota and Massachusetts.

12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

58,753 Messages
    27,534 Likes Received
    I think it's important to keep an eye on vaccination schedules here for young adults etc. I heard a report that anywhere from 60 to 80 percent of all young people who are getting vaccinated are showing reactions to it. That could possibly be driving numbers as well. Would be interesting to see data around where and when vaccinations are happening and reported increases.

kskboys likes this.
  13. kskboys

27,201 Messages
    29,841 Likes Received
    No way I would let my children get vaxed. No way. The virus presents almost zero threat to them. Vax prolly presents more threat.

If anyone listened to that TX senate hearing, a doctor was testifying that a multitude of students were coming in w/ a pile of issues from the vax. Texas Tech, I think.

cml750 and Flamma like this.
  14. kskboys

27,201 Messages
    29,841 Likes Received
    Oh, and to be clear, I am pro vaccinations. Vaccinations have provided a ton of benefits for mankind. I'm against using a vax that hasn't been tested/approved to the degree it needs to be, and for a disease that isn't all that dangerous to kids.

I'd ask the opposite question. Exactly what would one's reasoning be to get this vax for your kid? It doesn't necessarily keep them safer, and according to reports(TX senate, doctors testifying) may make them sick. And for no reason. I'm asking seriously, because I don't understand why anyone would get a child vaxed under these circumstances.

Robbieac and cml750 like this.
  15. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    The vaccine hasn't been given use authorization for anyone under 12 though, so for children under 12, this isn't a question that needs to be asked. 12-18 you can ask that all you want. But for children under 12, it is illegal to give them the vaccine.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-teen-hospitalization-rates-rise/7543129002/

This is a recent article about covid, vaccines, and teens. I am in full agreement that it's significantly less of a danger to teenagers than adults. Just providing context to your post.

Edit: According to the article, Moderna and JNJ vaccines only authorized for 18+ year olds.

kskboys likes this.
  16. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

4,674 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    My thoughts exactly. I am not anti-vax but definitely anti untested vax for a a disease with a 99.8% survival rate. The risk for children for this disease is almost nil so vaccinating them with basically untested vaccines is beyond stupid.

Robbieac likes this.
  17. kskboys

27,201 Messages
    29,841 Likes Received
    That's a good article, as it discusses both pros and cons.

They address the question of the vax possibly doing more harm than good, as Covid presents very little danger to that age group.

18. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

15,348 Messages
    16,461 Likes Received
    There was no attempt at any treatments. Just "Here's a vaccine!" Guilt trip, guilt trip, guilt trip, here, it's safe, virtual signal....
    In fact, the groups of health professionals that suggested treatments were silenced. Why?

That should concern more people than it does.

cml750, Robbieac, Vtwin and 1 other person like this.
  19. kskboys

27,201 Messages
    29,841 Likes Received
    And I agree w/ that. They're pushing the vax way too hard, and for a disease that's almost over. Why? Very strange stuff.

Robbieac, Vtwin and Streetwise like this.
  20. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

15,348 Messages
    16,461 Likes Received
    There were available treatments, I want to say back in 2005. I'll have to look. The previous SARS they used chloroquine as a treatment, but if I remember right, they banned it or something.
    They're pushing the vaccine because it's a money maker. What do you do when you want to sell more of something? Marketing. It's not any different than a commercial that persuades a person to get boner pills by offering commercials.