Twitter: Thank you Jerry, Stephen and Jason

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I don't hate the move, but does this mean we are going back to more of a man blocking power scheme which is more consistent with Houck and what Colombo played in rather than a zone blocking scheme.

Also, is this going to fix guys being able to run around Tyron and bull rushing Williams? I don't really think those issues are scheme issues, more like player issues. I think Williams gets fixed with a year of weight room work (and he hasn't been terrible as a rookie) but I am not so sure that Tyron's injuries haven't robbed him of a step or two.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Nice they're making changes. the problem is they were blind and dumb enough to think this team would contend the way it was.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes, because firing people is not 'throwing them under the bus'

Man, you are such an easy mark
I recommend taking someone with you when you go to buy anything expensive

What with the attack dude, like you personally know me. Calm down.......it's just football on a message board (LOL).

BTW...I do seek advice when buying anything expensive :laugh:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You're right, not with Garrett it isn't.

Probably. I don't see where a guy failing at his job should be taking vacations. Plenty of time to do that when you're unemployed in 4 months.
Taking less than 24 hours to clean your head when you have extra time to prepare isn’t a bad thing.

Sports really aren’t that complicated. Trust me from having lived it, there is a point where you’ve done all you can do. Doing more than that is just to say you did.

Sydla

Reaction score
And by the way, this concept of “it takes a man to own up to his mistakes” is bull crap.

What’s going on here is the Jones are panicking that another season under Garrett is slipping away and they realize they can’t justify his employment for much longer if he produces little results.

It’s not about owning up to mistakes. It’s about a desperate attempt at one last salvage of their biggest mistake.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
The problem with all these changes now is it still allows the biggest problem to remain "hidden" from Jerry , which is the Red Rocket Clapper............

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taking less than 24 hours to clean your head when you have extra time to prepare isn’t a bad thing.

Sports really aren’t that complicated. Trust me from having lived it, there is a point where you’ve done all you can do. Doing more than that is just to say you did.

So your excuse now is that Garrett is just so out of ideas that he's thrown his hands up and said "screw it! I'm going to watch baseball!"

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
So your excuse now is that Garrett is just so out of ideas that he's thrown his hands up and said "screw it! I'm going to watch baseball!"
What excuse?

He went to LA to coax Hudson out of retirement. He’s allowed to enjoy himself for a few hours while he’s there.

Not like he went to the World Series just to do it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What excuse?

He went to LA to coax Hudson out of retirement. He’s allowed to enjoy himself for a few hours while he’s there.

Not like he went to the World Series just to do it

Bull****. It's a convenient, connect the dots excuse for him. This is 2018, he didn't have to go to LA to talk to or "coax" Houck to do anything. And he certainly didn't have to show his face at the World Series.

Nice try.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Bull****. It's a convenient, connect the dots excuse for him. This is 2018, he didn't have to go to LA to talk to or "coax" Houck to do anything. And he certainly didn't have to show his face at the World Series.

Nice try.
Were you in the room? Do you know all the particulars as to why he felt the need to go out there?

Do you think every free agent meeting in person is just so teams can travel the country for the heck of it?

If you have an extra couple days and you think the guy you’re trying to bring in may need a little more convincing or it’s easier to talk face to face to explain the vision for his role instead of just on the phone, you make the extra effort.

Easier to break down film in person than on the phone. Which is probably what they were doing. Houck probably explained what he thought about the Cowboys film and Garrett and him met about it.

Every businessman does this every day.

Sports are not more important than any other financial broker who goes to an event after working a deal on location. I’ve lived life in a top FBS program. I can tell you during a bye week it’s acceptable to take time off.

Do you know most coaches in the NFL go home at 4 or 5 on Friday’s and then at 2 or 3 on Saturdays after final walkthrough? That’s during game week. And I learned this from a coach we played last year and beat us.

visionary

Reaction score

:laugh:
Yep, Garrett is at that point where he says to himself: let's go watch baseball because I've done everything that can be done for the upcoming football game, lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were you in the room? Do you know all the particulars as to why he felt the need to go out there?

The question is, were you? You're the guy that wants to make excuses for Garrett and talk like you know.

Do you think every free agent meeting in person is just so teams can travel the country for the heck of it?

If you have an extra couple days and you think the guy you’re trying to bring in may need a little more convincing or it’s easier to talk face to face to explain the vision for his role instead of just on the phone, you make the extra effort.

Easier to break down film in person than on the phone. Which is probably what they were doing. Houck probably explained what he thought about the Cowboys film and Garrett and him met about it.

Every businessman does this every day.

Sports are not more important than any other financial broker who goes to an event after working a deal on location. I’ve lived life in a top FBS program. I can tell you during a bye week it’s acceptable to take time off.

Do you know most coaches in the NFL go home at 4 or 5 on Friday’s and then at 2 or 3 on Saturdays after final walkthrough? That’s during game week. And I learned this from a coach we played last year and beat us.

Do the hair fly across the country to go to a sporting event? No, no they don't. But you keep jumping through hoops and trying to come up with your excuses. Nobody's buying what you're trying to sell.

You've got zero proof that Garrett visited Houck in LA. And if that's what it took to get the old man off of his porch, he should have let him stay there. Hudson Houck is far from some hot commodity that anyone has to cross the country to recruit.

Secondly, even if he had, it still has nothing to do with going to the World Series so it doesn't excuse that anyway.