Twitter: Thank you Jerry, Stephen and Jason

visionary

Reaction score
Were you in the room? Do you know all the particulars as to why he felt the need to go out there?

Do you think every free agent meeting in person is just so teams can travel the country for the heck of it?

If you have an extra couple days and you think the guy you’re trying to bring in may need a little more convincing or it’s easier to talk face to face to explain the vision for his role instead of just on the phone, you make the extra effort.

Easier to break down film in person than on the phone. Which is probably what they were doing. Houck probably explained what he thought about the Cowboys film and Garrett and him met about it.

Every businessman does this every day.

Sports are not more important than any other financial broker who goes to an event after working a deal on location. I’ve lived life in a top FBS program. I can tell you during a bye week it’s acceptable to take time off.

Do you know most coaches in the NFL go home at 4 or 5 on Friday’s and then at 2 or 3 on Saturdays after final walkthrough? That’s during game week. And I learned this from a coach we played last year and beat us.

Not "acceptable " for a professional football HC of a team struggling to be .500 while being paid 5 million

kskboys

Reaction score
These moves were obvious and avoidable long before the season.

I'm glad they are doing something but my gosh we are 3-4 right now.

Why not do the obvious before the season.
This FO has generally always had to have things fall completely apart in front of their faces before they realize things.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Not "acceptable " for a professional football HC of a team struggling to be .500 while being paid 5 million

He's actually one of the highest paid coaches at $6m a year...lol

https://www.thestreet.com/lifestyle/the-highest-paid-coaches-in-the-nfl-14619706

10. Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys

Garrett has slowly turned the Cowboys around since taking over as head coach in 2010. The team has had a winning record three of the last four years, going 13-3 in 2016. No Super Bowls yet, though. Garrett inked a $30 million, five-year contract in 2015 that pays him $6 million a year.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Holy crap, I saw a post in a different thread about Hudson Houck and I thought it was a joke.....This could be very good!
I liked Hudson Houck in the 90’s! How old is he today though? Hasn’t he been retired for quite a few years?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yep, Jerry's successfully changed the narrative following another embarrassing clock/game management fiasco during a disappointing year.

One born every minute.

A loss vs Tennessee would make this place very interesting. If we are making these kind of wholesale changes before mid season..I just can't imagine what the last gasp moves will look like.:rolleyes:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
A loss vs Tennessee would make this place very interesting. If we are making these kind of wholesale changes before mid season..I can't just imagine what the last gasp moves will look like.:rolleyes:
A loss vs Tennessee starts a bidding war for Riley

cern

Reaction score
Houck can fulfill his role on the phone and a laptop. He can study film sent to him on-line. Columbo learned from Callahan and Pollack. That should help him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don’t know if a new O line coach can fix these guys that much? They have all, except Martin, been pretty shaky.
You can take the right tackle and move him to guard, then sit Williams on the bench until next year when he has some sort of strength. That's a start.

KingRah

Reaction score
How about not making decisions in the offseason that everyone sees as terrible?
That too. Had they traded for Cooper in the offseason, we'd have at least 2 more wins. We can't go back in time though. I'm glad we have Cooper. I expect greatness. I see a Marvin Harrison type of career. He has a chance to be better because he's faster and bigger. Marvin got beat up in the playoffs by Ty law because he played bump & run. Cooper is 211 while Marvin was 188.

Dre11

Reaction score
This line has 2 new pieces playing next to one another right in the middle of the o line, there's going to be issues when they lost Frederick just before the season started, and with other guys missing time during training camp. I don't see a quick fix,but we'll see.