Thank you Roger Goodell for target on every players back now

cern

Reaction score
what the circumstances call for is a change in strategy. any player falsely accused should come after his accuser legally like a chicken on a june bug. simply waiting for a police investigation is no longer enough as the commissioner's office feels it can make its own conclusions regardless of the legal outcome. Commanders cheerleaders accusing front office of forcing them to go topless. just not believable. accusers will need to have to prove their case of suffer the consequences.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If Foster doesn’t get any kind of discipline from RG I will be livid. Not saying I think Foster deserves it but the precedent he set with Zeke.

If RG turns a blind eye I’m done with the NFL and it proves he was only trying to screw the Cowboys.

Get used to disappointment. The Zeke case was all about repairing the league's PR from the Ray Rice fiasco. Now that they have accomplished that (in their own eyes at least)-- they can handle all future cases in a more circumspect manner. We were just the unlucky team that got to be the scapegoat for Goodell's previous bungles.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So tired of this league. I'm just tired of it. I want men to go play football while I watch and cheer for my team. It's become an overcomplicated mess and 95% of what I hear about the nfl doesn't have a damn thing to do with playing ball.

**** that noise

Sports is now a huge soap opera sad to say. The actual game play on the field is secondary to all the other gossip crap we here constantly.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It should be really simple. If your convicted by a court of law then you can be suspended by the NFL. If you fail a drug test you should be suspended by the NFL. If a player is arrested then the NFL should do a investigation.

But when the law itself does a investigation and don’t convict or arrest then it should be enough. He is acting like he is above law. And these weirdo owners are allowing it and paying him 20 million a year. I would do the job and be a horses behind for much less.

condoin125

Reaction score
It should be really simple. If your convicted by a court of law then you can be suspended by the NFL. If you fail a drug test you should be suspended by the NFL. If a player is arrested then the NFL should do a investigation.

But when the law itself does a investigation and don’t convict or arrest then it should be enough. He is acting like he is above law. And these weirdo owners are allowing it and paying him 20 million a year. I would do the job and be a horses behind for much less.
That's a nice dream but unfortunately it will not work in the real world. The fact of the matter is that there are many instances where the perpetrator in assault cases never even gets convicted because the victims don't follow through...it's a problem with domestic abuse and sexual assault cases. It's easy to say the NFL should stay out of those matters if the players aren't convicted but the NFL will then go back to losing the public opinion battle in a big way; they'll once again be viewed as a league rampant with domestic abusers and criminals. I think everyone here is quick to forget that period before all of these rules were put into place.

Besides, we're only really upset about this because of Zeke...period. The times this will happen to a player is very small, because believe it or not, the majority of women out there aren't waiting to ambush a star athlete in order to get his money. You guys make it sound like every domestic violence report has been an issue....we know of TWO where someone came out and admitted it was a lie.

Last edited:

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Why did she tell truth?
What did she have to gain?
Her soul.. doing the right thing. She's a pos person but at least she did that right. Should count for something now a days. I would hope.

Doing the right thing? :lmao2:

She knows if he loses his job there's no money. Right now she can at least stay in the pipeline to get a payday.

Gold diggers!

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's a nice dream but unfortunately it will not work in the real world. The fact of the matter is that there are many instances where the perpetrator in assault cases never even gets convicted because the victims don't follow through...it's a problem with domestic abuse and sexual assault cases. It's easy to say the NFL should stay out of those matters if the players aren't convicted but the NFL will then go back to losing the public opinion battle in a big way; they'll once again be viewed as a league rampant with domestic abusers and criminals. I think everyone here is quick to forget that period before all of these rules were put into place.

Besides, we're only really upset about this because of Zeke...period. The times this will happen to a player is very small, because believe it or not, the majority of women out there aren't waiting to ambush a star athlete in order to get his money. You guys make it sound like every domestic violence report has been an issue....we know of TWO where someone came out and admitted it was a lie.
I agree but the problem is that those 2 cases we’re awfully close together. It’s not like over a 10 year span it’s only happened twice. And there are a lot of cases where these players get extorted for money. Maybe these 2 cases were ones the players refused to pay up so they went through with there threat. It’s a difficult thing. Is it ok to have a innocent punished here and there in order to make sure all the guilty are?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doing the right thing? :lmao2:

She knows if he loses his job there's no money. Right now she can at least stay in the pipeline to get a payday.

Gold diggers!

I've heard it said hundreds of times, "Pay me X Million and I will step into the ring and take a beating!"

The way these women look at it is no different in many situations. It's a dollars and cents business decision in a lot of cases, I'm sure.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There really MUST be serious repercussions for making false accusations.
There has to be some strong deterrent.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The power Goodell has regarding these types of issues is asinine, the CBA needs to be renegotiated to only allow someone to be fined/suspended in these types of matters only if they're charged and found guilty in court of law. No more Goodell kangaroo courts just because he says so, NFL players lives shouldn't be allowed to be ****ed with in these kinds of manners just cause. This kind of stuff can ruin someones life and if we're gonna ruin someones life we better make sure its 100% proven fact that they did whatever is alleged. There's a reason people are innocent until proven guilty.
Won't happen. In order for Goodell to reliquish this power, the players will have to give something big up, that's how the CBA works now. The players will not be giving something up for something that affects a minimal amount of players at best. There are over 1600 NFL players and perhaps 2 or 3 per year find themselves in trouble like this. If I am a player, I am not giving something up because of a few knuckleheads in the league.

condoin125

Reaction score
I agree but the problem is that those 2 cases we’re awfully close together. It’s not like over a 10 year span it’s only happened twice. And there are a lot of cases where these players get extorted for money. Maybe these 2 cases were ones the players refused to pay up so they went through with there threat. It’s a difficult thing. Is it ok to have a innocent punished here and there in order to make sure all the guilty are?
The cynical side of me says that's exactly how it works in the American justice system, so why should it be any different in the NFL? The idealistic side of me says you keep working at refining the system when issues like these arise so you can try to get the process to a more perfect place.

John813

Reaction score
Rueben Foster case has very little in common with Zekes now.

His GF recanted all the DV claims. Zekes GF did not.
Foster shouldn't get suspended for that. I hope not anyways.

Unless he has Kraft, Mara and another big time owner telling him to suspend Foster then he'll be active week 1 barring health

Pants

Reaction score
goodell is an idiot and if he doesn't do something to Foster, OBJ and Eli that this is personal (v. dallas)...

aria

Reaction score
Meanwhile, isn't Eli on trail for fraud? But, he probably won't be suspended.

Glad ole girl was honest.
No, you’re incorrect.

Goodell is a piece of trash but ultimately this comes back to the players. The players are the ones who granted him this power. They got their laxed drug testing policy but obviously didn’t think about how much they gave RG. Be ready for a lockout next CBA, it’s going to get ugly.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No, you’re incorrect.

Goodell is a piece of trash but ultimately this comes back to the players. The players are the ones who granted him this power. They got their laxed drug testing policy but obviously didn’t think about how much they gave RG. Be ready for a lockout next CBA, it’s going to get ugly.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. The NFL Players Assoc. will be going all out to rescind the boo-boo they made regarding the unlimited power they mistakenly granted Goodell and the owners will be adamant to make it stand. I don't see things going any other way. It'll likely be a legal dogfight.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
so now we have both David Irving and Reuben Foster being victimized by women thanks to the Zeke case an the way the league handled it.

Is anyone surprised?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...friend-domestic-violence-claim-a-money-scheme

Elissa Ennis, the ex-girlfriend of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster, took the stand Thursday and admitted she lied to police and fabricated domestic violence claims.

"I wanted to sue Reuben. It was a money scheme. It was all about money. I wanted to get him," Ennis testified under oath, per David Lombardi of The Athletic.

Ennis said she became enraged after Foster tried to break up with her and made up the claims in an attempt to extort him.

"I was threatening Reuben that I was going to f--k up his career," Ennis said.

She also testified she flagged down a passerby to call 911 on Foster after considering whether to falsify charges following a verbal altercation.

"I told him I’m about to f--k yo s--t up, make sure you don’t have a job tomorrow..." Ennis said. "I really wanted to kill him. I was so hurt."

Ennis originally told police Foster punched her 10 times, dragged her down a flight of stairs, threw her phone, physically forced her outside and then spit on her. The 49ers linebacker was arrested on felony domestic violence and weapons charges in February. He was officially charged in April despite Ennis recanting her story later that month.

The Santa Clara District Attorney's office pushed back Foster's formal arraignment after Ennis came forward last month by publicly admitting her story was a lie.

The 49ers said they will release Foster if the allegations prove true. He could still be subject to an investigation by the NFL, as the league does not state a player must be formally charged or convicted with a violent crime to violate the personal conduct policy.
This is just real life brother.

I know first hand how the system works.

Now..

you are assumed guilty until you go to court.

If you get off..

its still on your record.

This country has descended into a quagmire of crap.