The 49ers were just a better team. No need for blame game

CowboyFFan

Reaction score
Totally disagree….we have the better roster by quite a distance. I’d say we were absolutely outcoached and the 9ers play cleaner ball.
Disagree. 49ers play in a tough division. Cowboys are .500 against non NFCE teams.
I think fans overrate the talent because of blue star hype.
Deebo Samuel is a better receiver and running back by himself than anybody on this team

Rayman70

Reaction score
49ers were better top to bottom.
Better defense
Better run game
Better coaching
Dont need to point fingers when 49ers were clearly a superior team on paper and on the field.
100%. In this league, football in general, its the ultimate team game. Balance plays a HUGE role. If teams are better balanced at all levels, and execute, they win. That simple. GB didn't deserve it. Dallas didn't either. The niners kicked the door down and took it by executing better. Fans and TV 'experts" try to complicate this game we call NFL football..and its a farce. This game is played the way it was meant. Run the ball well, and play great defense ,make a play here and there on special teams. Then THOSE TEAMS that do that better, are the last ones standing. Its very simple guys. Its not about Glitz and glamour, and gadget plays. Its not about trick plays and being fancy...ie KELLEN MOORE. Survey the teams that are still playing right now. THEY ALL play great D and run well. Thats no accident. The team that is the last standing will be the team that is best coached and executes the best. I love San Fran for that reason. Nuthin fancy..just brute strength and execution.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Disagree. 49ers play in a tough division. Cowboys are .500 against non NFCE teams.
Deebo Samuel is a better receiver and running back by himself than anybody on this team

Samurl is a dynamic player but we have about 5 dynamic players on offense. Our line is better, our defense is probably on par with them talent wise…I’d take our roster all day.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There are a lot of factors, but the bottom line is the 9ers were more prepared and came to play. Them beating GB takes a little of the sting away.

kskboys

Reaction score
100%. In this league, football in general, its the ultimate team game. Balance plays a HUGE role. If teams are better balanced at all levels, and execute, they win. That simple. GB didn't deserve it. Dallas didn't either. The niners kicked the door down and took it by executing better. Fans and TV 'experts" try to complicate this game we call NFL football..and its a farce. This game is played the way it was meant. Run the ball well, and play great defense ,make a play here and there on special teams. Then THOSE TEAMS that do that better, are the last ones standing. Its very simple guys. Its not about Glitz and glamour, and gadget plays. Its not about trick plays and being fancy...ie KELLEN MOORE. Survey the teams that are still playing right now. THEY ALL play great D and run well. Thats no accident. The team that is the last standing will be the team that is best coached and executes the best. I love San Fran for that reason. Nuthin fancy..just brute strength and execution.
No, not just execution. Niners put a huge emphasis on the DL. DL disruption is 80% of the reason they won both games. Make that domination.

The DL scored SF's lone TD and blocked a FG. Those 10 points were easily the difference in the game.

Carson

Reaction score
Ehhh I get your point.

I don’t see them being dominant with McCarthy.

I do however see us being dominant with Shanahan

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Better defense
Better run game
Better coaching
Dont need to point fingers when 49ers were clearly a superior team on paper and on the field.

Not better as far as players, better coaching staff, yes.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
With 14 accepted penalties the Cowboys would have had a hard time beating any team, let alone one on a hot streak like the 49ers.

We can complain about Dak, the line, Zeke, the defense, the playcalling, whatever. What this team needs is discipline.

johneric8

Reaction score
The 49ers are a better coached team than Dallas. That is as far as I would go.
Well, the 9ers run game is MUCH better, and our offense doesn't work without a running game so I would say that is the number one issue..
I do agree on the coaching though, we should of been way better prepared knowing our running game has been suspect.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

How many teams win it the 9ers way?

The Chiefs have been to back to back Superbowls with a QB that has been untouchable until this season.

Good luck winning with any kind of consistency playing 9ers ball.

I will say though. The Cowboys need to adopt 9ers ball because we don’t have the QB to operate like these other teams but I can’t see management not featuring Dak after paying him top tier money.

kskboys

Reaction score
The 49ers are a better coached team than Dallas. That is as far as I would go.
No. The 49ers won due to their DL, plain and simple. They have a GM smart enough to understand that you win games in the playoffs by winning the battle up front.

SF has the 2nd best DL in the NFL and was rated 3rd overall when considering OL and DL. That is why they beat two teams in the playoffs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Better defense
Better run game
Better coaching

Meanwhile, the Cowboys owner/GM was running around making "Super Bowl or bust" proclamations.

Maybe someone can clue him in on just how good his team actually is relative to playoff contenders?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With 14 accepted penalties the Cowboys would have had a hard time beating any team, let alone one on a hot streak like the 49ers.

We can complain about Dak, the line, Zeke, the defense, the playcalling, whatever. What this team needs is discipline.

True... but has our D-line dominated good teams like that, did our O-line do it..again its easy to say "On paper we are better" but what have all these studs we have shown you against good teams that back it up? Penalties are also committed by players....