The AFC has absolutely screwed us the last week

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I saw a clip with OBJ running free several times and Baker flat out missing him. Maybe the issue is OBJ coming open deep and Baker simply not being able to make those throws. He has more success throwing underneath and playing conservative with his other WRS. You would think the coaches would adjust and find a way to get OBJ the ball where Baker can put it. Makes me think of Moss in Oakland. By the time he went to New England most though he was done. Not that OBJ is anywhere near Moss level.

It also would depend if OBJ is freelancing on his routes. For example, if a receiver decides to use a stutter-step when he's just supposed to go, the quarterback is going to overthrow him. Receivers and QBs have to be on the same page.

John813

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I saw a clip with OBJ running free several times and Baker flat out missing him. Maybe the issue is OBJ coming open deep and Baker simply not being able to make those throws. He has more success throwing underneath and playing conservative with his other WRS. You would think the coaches would adjust and find a way to get OBJ the ball where Baker can put it. Makes me think of Moss in Oakland. By the time he went to New England most though he was done. Not that OBJ is anywhere near Moss level.

Yea, it's not common but it just seems some duos just can't click. Cooper in Oakland fell off with Carr, Moss in Oakland like you said and a handful of others where you got at least a decent QB and good WR but they just never get on the same page.

Wonder if it's the hot reads they just don't have the same frequency or what. Yea, some of those videos the passes are way off or OBJ is freelancing.

Reactions: CWR

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
First with the Broncos sending Von Miller to the Rams. Now today it sounds like OBJ will be released and sign with the Packers or Bucs “superteam”. I also wouldn’t count out OBJ signing with the Rams as well. NFC is ridiculous this year.

OBL has a an AC joint issue. Rumours are he can't pass a physical with it. We will see how this shakes out, but I am not going to get involved with the hand wringing associated with believing these two players are the Pro Bowl versions of themselves.

Rumour is also that Von Miller was ejected from the Broncos because of his Halloween party antics. He was creating a divide on the team through fees for a party he was throwing.

To me it sounds like a guy with an injury issue to his shoulder and his head. And the other dude sounds like football and team culture is not the most important thing in his life anymore. Just my two cents.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
First with the Broncos sending Von Miller to the Rams. Now today it sounds like OBJ will be released and sign with the Packers or Bucs “superteam”. I also wouldn’t count out OBJ signing with the Rams as well. NFC is ridiculous this year.
who cares.... but no way he goes tpo the bucs. They have AB in that spot already.

gmb1

Reaction score
If he signs with the Raiders then they'll definitely go to the Superbowl IMO

Praxit

Reaction score
... I can see KC acquiring him. Mahomes Swiss knife.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Man, we can’t worry about who signs who and all that nonsense. If we play our game and get the penalties under control, I like our chances against anyone. With that said, any of the top teams can beat another in a one game series. It’s why it’s so hard to win a SB.

JustChip

Reaction score
When a team trades a player they would prefer to send him to the other conference, so nothing new there. As for OBJ, he will be released and will sign with the Raiders. As you probably know, they cut Ruggs and now have a need for a WR. This may be a move they may regret with OBJ, but who cares.
OBJ and the City of Las Vegas. What could possibly go wrong?

J-man

Reaction score
IMO, he's not an issue for us. He isn't nearly as good as he was and truthfully, to me he was never really that great. 1 great play and mainly because it was against us, that made him a superstar. But he's more of a headcase than a superstar.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ughhhhhh

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And if either GB or TB bring in OBJ it’s because they are worried about Dallas and possibly getting into a shootout in the playoffs…and with our D significantly getting better we are the front runners….
I doubt GB or TB is worried about getting in a shootout with us.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It also would depend if OBJ is freelancing on his routes. For example, if a receiver decides to use a stutter-step when he's just supposed to go, the quarterback is going to overthrow him. Receivers and QBs have to be on the same page.
Look like OBJ slowed down because he "sensed" the Steeler safety.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone that signs OBJ will be getting a selfish me-first player. Can’t see how that helps any team.

Motorola

Reaction score
Brady already has to keep tabs on Antonio Brown so he doesn't go off the rails. Even he knows better to lobby for another malcontent in Beckham.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoever OBJ signs with will be a good thing for Dallas. He’s a cancer.