The AJ Brown trade was brilliant for the Titans. I wish the Cowboys had their thought process

lk8701

Reaction score
AJ Brown is good but not elite similar to Dak. The WR is exploding so instead of paying elite money for a good player they traded him and replaced him with a similar player on a rookie contract + got an additional 3rd round pick. There is no guarantee Burks will be a Pro Bowl WR but teams have to trust their scouting (including scouting their own players). In the 2020 draft the Dolphins were aggressively trying to move up from the 5th pick to the 1st pick in order to draft Burrow. They were willing to sell the farm. If the Cowboys offered Dak for the 5th pick and maybe the Texans 2021 1st round pick they would have likely agreed to the deal. We could have selected Herbert with the 2020 5th overall pick and been in a much better situation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
AJ Brown is good but not elite similar to Dak. The WR is exploding so instead of paying elite money for a good player they traded him and replaced him with a similar player on a rookie contract + got an additional 3rd round pick. There is no guarantee Burks will be a Pro Bowl WR but teams have to trust their scouting (including scouting their own players). In the 2020 draft the Dolphins were aggressively trying to move up from the 5th pick to the 1st pick in order to draft Burrow. They were willing to sell the farm. If the Cowboys offered Dak for the 5th pick and maybe the Texans 2021 1st round pick they would have likely agreed to the deal. We could have selected Herbert with the 2020 5th overall pick and been in a much better situation.

Titans did it perfectly.

lover Hebert but we are the same situation we are in now. Just a younger qb.

nathanlt

Reaction score
An inescapable element of turning your roster over is this: a lack of familiarity and starting from scratch every year. The major pieces that work well together and remain in place... those are essential for success.

Increasing the roster churn brings more chaos, it takes time to get past what is new and different.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like Herbert but who knows if the Cowboys even would have picked him. The knock on him was does he love football since I believe he got an engineering degree. He wasn’t really heavily recruited coming out high school. They also said he gets rattle to easily but any rookie qb can be. With that being said, I would take but who knows with this FO.

Motorola

Reaction score
It's my understanding that Prescott 's rookie deal ended after the 2019 season. So he was under a franchise tag for 2020 - and thus couldn't be traded.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Brown elevated his game in the playoffs to an elite level. The comparison to Dak makes absolutely no sense either.
Dak couldn't spell "Elite" if you spotted him the E-L-I-T-E. Dakota's true colors came to a head in the second half of last season and the DCs he went up against OWNED him, they forced Dakota to think in the pocket and the rest was history. "One and done" is his new nick name or he could be known as "3 and out", this coming year he'll demand a trade but there won't be any takers.................... Ha-Haaaa!

Reid1boys

Reaction score

I stopped reading as soon as you said AJ Brown was not elite.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
well, sometimes WRs are easier to project to NFL than QBs....and let the rookie play and see how he does, before crowning him. now, what they did was hope he has similar results and they are paying cheaper...what you probably meant to say was wish the FO was similar to titans, and not show their hands and then trade away their WRs for a 5th round pick.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
:confused:And the cap? Just to start with

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I like Herbert but who knows if the Cowboys even would have picked him. The knock on him was does he love football since I believe he got an engineering degree. He wasn’t really heavily recruited coming out high school. They also said he gets rattle to easily but any rookie qb can be. With that being said, I would take but who knows with this FO.
I can cetainly see the dilemma. Working a lifetime making a 100,000 a year as an engineer or working 10 years and making 200,000,000.

I'd be loving me some football