The Amari Cooper countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pull the damn tag off Dak and just go into a rebuild
IM STARTING TO THINK THE SAME THING. Time for talk has come and gone. We are just farting around now blowing smoke and signing no one...meanwhile, we haven't signed any of the 20 remaining free agents we have. THAT IS THE PUREST DEF.OF A REBUILD. Its a massive player purge so far.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Dak's agent is freaking out. No long term deal and the possibility of having to play a season without your #1

Terrible situtation all around (came into 2019 season with QB, #1 WR, and CB #1 about to become free agents and you extend your RB who has 2 years left....... lol)

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is what I don't understand. Why tag him if you have no interest in paying other players to help? Just give him the 40 million and suck
well said. Why keep him at all if you aint gonna keep or sign anyone? Its a waste. Just complete the rebuild and deal him.

Sydla

Reaction score
These two idiots.

So let Cooper get to the open market so some dumb team can come in and make a big offer that either makes them panic and overpay for Cooper or forces them to let him walk. And then they'll be behind the 8 ball with Jones as well who will also be fielding big offers.

So at the end of the FA period, they lose Jones, maybe lose Cooper and are dealing with a tagged Prescott who apparently won't budge now.

Well done, Jerry and Stephen. Well done.

Rayman70

Reaction score
These two idiots.

So let Cooper get to the open market so some dumb team can come in and make a big offer that either makes them panic and overpay for Cooper or forces them to let him walk. And then they'll be behind the 8 ball with Jones as well who will also be fielding big offers.

So at the end of the FA period, they lose Jones, maybe lose Cooper and are dealing with a tagged Prescott who apparently won't budge now.

Well done, Jerry and Stephen. Well done.
its dumb and dumber

Johnny23

Reaction score
That the Cowboys spent a 1st round pick on and had a major impact when he arrived.

The Cowboys simply can't allow him to walk. That would be a horrible way to run a business.
Welcome to the Dallas Cowboys motus operandi for how long now. Tag Dak let everyone hit free agency. No forethought whatsoever.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you want to a glass half full guy...................... maybe Cooper hits the open market and finds his services aren't in as high demand as he thinks and the Cowboys get him back and save a small bit of money.

Rayman70

Reaction score
A great summary of the takes in this thread!
depending what we do between now and weds...you do see whats developing now is both good and very bad? On one hand, we may be getting rid of the garrett guys by allowing them to walk. On the other...heres the bad, it looks like a major team rebuild, top to bottom except for the oline. No one is safe. MAYBE THATS GOOD...who knows. I just wish the team would call this what it is. Seems like they been blowing smoke and telling the fans its win now mode when its not true.

Kaiser

Reaction score
two 1st rounders for Galloway
A 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams
A 1st for Cooper

It’s getting better ,
Trust the process man relax.

The Joey Galloway trade was 20 years ago. Bill Clinton was President when it happened.

Dak and Amari are resigning, it will happen.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
depending what we do between now and weds...you do see whats developing now is both good and very bad? On one hand, we may be getting rid of the garrett guys by allowing them to walk. On the other...heres the bad, it looks like a major team rebuild, top to bottom except for the oline. No one is safe. MAYBE THATS GOOD...who knows. I just wish the team would call this what it is. Seems like they been blowing smoke and telling the fans its win now mode when its not true.

Holy overreaction Batman!

Tussinman

Reaction score
If you want to a glass half full guy...................... maybe Cooper hits the open market and finds his services aren't in as high demand as he thinks and the Cowboys get him back and save a small bit of money.
Agreed but at the same time this is the same league that gave Sammy Watkins 16 million a year 2 off-seasons ago. I don't have high hopes of someone not throwing Amari insane money

Sydla

Reaction score
Agreed but at the same time this is the same league that gave Sammy Watkins 16 million a year 2 off-seasons ago. I don't have high hopes of someone not throwing Amari insane money

Most likely.

I saw a tweet that said GB was itching to see if he’d hit FA as was Philly.

Carson

Reaction score
They are most likely eyeing up guys in the draft and, I imagine, the way Cooper finished off last season left a bad taste all around.

This is for the best. The bigger problem is the fact we allowed Jones to walk.

See that is my problem. I could live and be happy with one of the other being gone.

Just losing Coop AND Jones seems like a lot of talent to recover from.

Status
Not open for further replies.