The answer: non exclusive franchise tag

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been a huge Dak fan, but to me, over the last 2 years, he has the stats( and the turnovers, as a team ), but not the wins, especially in big games( see the Philly game two years ago).

Dak is also asking to be paid to much! Doesn’t want to give us a home team discount. He makes millions in commercials because he is the QB of the Cowboys!

With, the Non Exclusive Franchise Tag, Dak can go out on the market and see what he is really worth. If another team gives him an offer, we can match the offer, or let him walk. If we let him walk we get 2 FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS!!

Don’t over pay Dak, he has not proven he is a difference maker. This year there are a lot of QB options + the draft picks will help build the defense.

Look at the underlined part. Why do people think that with the current team being allowed to match an offer, and the negotiating team having to give up 2 1st round picks if they don't, that negotiating under the non-exclusive tag will reflect the actual market for a player just as if he were a free agent without these stipulations? It's not the same thing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont see how the non exclusive tag helps negotiations.

The agent would claim that having to give up two firsts is factored into any offer and isn't his true market value.

I think Washington would make him an offer in two seconds that would be painful for Dallas to live with.

Edit...say whatever you like about Prescott, but if you take him away from Dallas and add him to WFT, this division will belong to WFT for the next few years at least.

Anyone who thinks Snyder wouldn't part with two firsts (one of which is 17th) to make that happen isnt paying attention

DandyDon52

Reaction score
uhm maybe we lost because we fielded the worst defense in Cowboys history?

:muttley:
The defense was bad at times, but so was the offense, with and without dak.
When you have a weak defense, better to have a strong run game than throwing 50 times a game.
Also the coaching and game plans, and play calling was really bad. All those contributed to the losses.