1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

The Arrogance of Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by phildadon86, Jan 2, 2020.

1. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

9,806 Messages
    13,455 Likes Received
    Let me first start this with. I really hope Garrett is out as coach, and I believe he is.

Regarding the thread title.

When Jerry sat there straight faced and said there is no timetable and hes not worried about losing a coach to another team it got me thinking about why he would say this.

Many scenarios came out. Mainly he knows what coach he wants and hes not worried. Or he has a deal in place with someone already.

Then the second meeting with Garrett was announced.

Now I am 100 percent convinced that Jerry doesn't care because in his arrogance in taking his sweet arse time getting rid of Garrett he actually thinks that because we are the Dallas Cowboys that any coach will drop everything to come coach us. He actually believes this. That is why he has no sense of urgency. And its a joke. This guy needs a wake up call in the worst way. What do you guys all think? If he waits until the 14th who will be left minus the guys still in the playoffs? He isnt even requesting permission to interview. This guy needs to wake up and realize that the rest of the league isnt stopping so he can PR spin letting his son go.

Thoughts?

catiii, CB61 and KingRah like this.
  2. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters

33,826 Messages
    7,042 Likes Received
    yay.

another thread started to say the same thing in many other threads.

408Cowboy, CapnCook, OmerV and 2 others like this.
  3. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

10,414 Messages
    6,184 Likes Received
    The man has a contract until the 14th. I am Magine after that he’ll be moved in the front office along with his brothers. You do realize jason has brother is already working in the front office

4. phildadon86

9,806 Messages
    13,455 Likes Received
    Then dont read it .

morat1959, ryanbabs and bigE79 like this.
  5. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

4,019 Messages
    6,482 Likes Received
    I think he wants to show us all that he’s boss and he’ll do what he wants. I can’t stand it. I’ve never disliked Jerry till now.

The stadium HAS to be empty or damn near if Garrett is brought back. Only way he’ll see we’re mad because he doesn’t care or see what we say here.

khiladi, RJ_MacReady and Silly like this.
  6. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

3,385 Messages
    9,678 Likes Received
    Jerry has been awful this season, one of his worst seasons ever in terms of making everything about him.

From openly discussing player contracts in the media before camp, to the 'Zeke who?' comment, to openly criticizing the coaching and play calling, to literally crying tears after the Bills game. This entire season has been about HIM.

7. iceberg

33,826 Messages
    7,042 Likes Received
    I didn't.

408Cowboy and WillieBeamen like this.
  8. phildadon86

9,806 Messages
    13,455 Likes Received
    Cool story bro!

ryanbabs likes this.
  9. iceberg

33,826 Messages
    7,042 Likes Received
    And more relevant than the OP.

408Cowboy and WillieBeamen like this.
  10. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

9,516 Messages
    12,962 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be so sure JG is out. They keep having these meetings with no resolution. Nobody knows what they are discussing...............but its obviously not a severance package.

Silly likes this.
  11. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,297 Messages
    1,774 Likes Received
    my thoughts are that you are trying to read his mind and he has whatever process he has and its none of our darn business. People in positions such as himself gives vague answers because they dont owe us any answers. Just because we buy the tickets does not mean we need to be inside his head 24/7

pancakeman likes this.
  12. phildadon86

9,806 Messages
    13,455 Likes Received
    I disagree. The fact that we the fans keep his shiny toy relevant gives us every right to know everything that is happening.

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  13. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

3,137 Messages
    3,413 Likes Received
    I don't think there's enough evidence to be 100% sure about anything.

14. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

17,292 Messages
    15,308 Likes Received
    he didn't get to be rich by NOT being a bit arrogant. It is what it is. THAT SAID, its simply complicit ineptitude bathed in delusional thinking. Sprinkle in some senility and surround yourself with sycophants...and there ya have it. Jerry 2.0 lol...

CapnCook and khiladi like this.
  15. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    8,420 Likes Received
    Arrogance, absolutely. What bothers me most is that he feels he has to be the most clever person in the room and will make decisions, not based on critical thinking, but based on his own gut feelings even though that hasn't worked for a couple decades. He needs guidance but wont accept it. Arrogance and Stubbornness are awful traits, especially in the business world

khiladi and JJB500 like this.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,258 Messages
    59,503 Likes Received
    Why are people acting surprised by this?

CapnCook likes this.
  17. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

17,292 Messages
    15,308 Likes Received
    JUST for a nano second, we need the old brash Jerry to make a decision like cleaning house...but THAT version of JJ is long gone.

18. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

43,115 Messages
    44,749 Likes Received
    :popcorn:

How much has everyone had since Sunday evening?

19. Keithfansince5

Keithfansince5 Well-Known Member

4,848 Messages
    5,069 Likes Received
    No, no, no. That still means you care. Anger is proof that people care. Jerry doesn't mind anger, in fact he thrives off of it. He knows that anyone angry is someone who deeply cares. What Jerry doesn't want is for people to just stop caring. No emotion is what Jerry cannot have. He admitted it in an interview. Apathy is the ONLY kyptonite for Jerry.

catiii likes this.
  20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

24,068 Messages
    10,645 Likes Received
    It isn't arrogance, there is literally no reason to do anything right now.

DFWJC and Rayman70 like this.