The Bad and the Good....

Ken

Reaction score
Overall, very disappointed with a lot of guys.

S***list-

Torrin Tucker- No explanation.
Vollers- Just abused by Pace all night.
Morgan- Just doesn't look like he cares.
Peterman- Was pushed into the qb a bunch and the bonehead false start on the game winning FG.
Keith Davis- Didn't show me anything in coverage. FS could be a problem this year, again.
Flozell Adams- Just dominated by Bertrand Berry. That can't happen. Berry is awesome though, good thing we didn't sign him last year. :bang2:
Lynn Scott- Garbage. Missed a tackle on punt coverage and missed tackles and balls at S.
Al Johnson- Got obliterated on one play by a back up DT. He wasn't bad but that play gets him on the list.
Ahmed Merrit- Why are we wasting PRs on this guy?
Zuriel Smith- Missed blocks, bad returns. Time to cut ties Bill.

Now the guys who showed me something, surprisingly, this list is pretty extensive.

Henry and Newman- THought they played pretty well. Newman faded a bit, but I was happy with his play overall.
Tyson Thompson- This kid has some real ability. It is obvious.

Patrick Crayton- Nice player here. Good hands and routes. He is going to help us.

Drew Henson- Saw what you will, but he was the best qb tonight, IMO. He had nothing around him and made some things happen. Showed the elite arm strength and accuracy that was supposed to be missing. I was happy.

Romo- Played well. Didn't hurt the team. Kind of got the Simms treatment when Parcells must have told him to just throw it to Witten. Parcells did this with Simms with Bavaro.

Brady James- really showed up and was all over the field.

The rookies- I thought they all played well. Ware, Canty, Ratliff, and Burnette.

Overall, I expected a heck of a lot more, just like everyone else. I thought the defense played better that what I really expected out of the gates. On the other hand, the offense was much worse than i anticipated.

Here's to next week.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
Ken said:
Overall, very disappointed with a lot of guys.

S***list-

Torrin Tucker- No explanation.
Vollers- Just abused by Pace all night.
Morgan- Just doesn't look like he cares.
Peterman- Was pushed into the qb a bunch and the bonehead false start on the game winning FG.
Keith Davis- Didn't show me anything in coverage. FS could be a problem this year, again.
Flozell Adams- Just dominated by Bertrand Berry. That can't happen. Berry is awesome though, good thing we didn't sign him last year. :bang2:
Lynn Scott- Garbage. Missed a tackle on punt coverage and missed tackles and balls at S.
Al Johnson- Got obliterated on one play by a back up DT. He wasn't bad but that play gets him on the list.
Ahmed Merrit- Why are we wasting PRs on this guy?
Zuriel Smith- Missed blocks, bad returns. Time to cut ties Bill.

Now the guys who showed me something, surprisingly, this list is pretty extensive.

Henry and Newman- THought they played pretty well. Newman faded a bit, but I was happy with his play overall.
Tyson Thompson- This kid has some real ability. It is obvious.

Patrick Crayton- Nice player here. Good hands and routes. He is going to help us.

Drew Henson- Saw what you will, but he was the best qb tonight, IMO. He had nothing around him and made some things happen. Showed the elite arm strength and accuracy that was supposed to be missing. I was happy.

Romo- Played well. Didn't hurt the team. Kind of got the Simms treatment when Parcells must have told him to just throw it to Witten. Parcells did this with Simms with Bavaro.

Brady James- really showed up and was all over the field.

The rookies- I thought they all played well. Ware, Canty, Ratliff, and Burnette.

Overall, I expected a heck of a lot more, just like everyone else. I thought the defense played better that what I really expected out of the gates. On the other hand, the offense was much worse than i anticipated.

Here's to next week.
Didn't like Cundiff, loved Crowder he made 2 huge plays on ST.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Was Henson using his revised throwing motion or did he revert to his old style?

Ken

Reaction score
2much2soon said:
Was Henson using his revised throwing motion or did he revert to his old style?
He used his revised throwing motion and had very nice zip on the ball.

I was impressed. They speculated that the couple of days of light work leading up to the game may have gotten his arm strength back.

I expect him to shine next week in the 2 spot.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Ken said:
He used his revised throwing motion and had very nice zip on the ball.

I was impressed. They speculated that the couple of days of light work leading up to the game may have gotten his arm strength back.

I expect him to shine next week in the 2 spot.

He had two or three passes that got away from him and just fluttered, but besides that I would agree with the zip on the ball.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Henson after this game. Some people just seem to be able to play in a real game and that seems like him.

I didn't like the defensive pressure, but I think once we game plan and get Ferg and Spears back, we'll be okay.

Run defense looked great!

Z-Man

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
He had two or three passes that got away from him and just fluttered, but besides that I would agree with the zip on the ball.

Only on the ones he threw away from what I saw.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Good: Not much, but its early I guess. Thought Ratliff and Thomas Johnson were active all game. Witten looked sharp. Romo took what the defense gave him and looked the best of the three QBs IMO. Tyson Thompson to the outside. Tom Crowder on ST. Newman and Henry looked pretty good in coverage. Crayton looked good, made a real nice catch on a lousy throw by Romo.

Bad: Offensive line play. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tucker cut on Monday, he was that bad. Penalties: 4th and 50. You have got to be kidding me. Bledsoe, he looked lousy, but the OL didn't do him any favors. Pressure: Don't know how much they were trying to generate, but I didn't see much showing up. Keith Davis didn't impress.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Im glad people are starting to see that Henson needed time to get back into football. not saying he was great or anything. But he sure played pretty well. Give the man a fair shot before we curse him...

Overall, there were alot of things I was expecting, better offense, more pressure on D. But we are learning a new scheme, and theres still 4 weeks til it actually counts. So in that regard, lets just hope we get it together.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Henson played solid, but he didn't outplay Romo. And I can care less who wins the backup job, I have no "favorites" so there's no agenda in my opinion. Yes Romo had Witten, but that was the only starter he had and he still went up against the Cards starting D for a series or two. I'm just happy both QBs looked solid despite the horrid play from the OL.

Vman

Reaction score
Drew Henson- Say what you will, but he was the best qb tonight, IMO. He had nothing around him and made some things happen. Showed the elite arm strength and accuracy that was supposed to be missing. I was happy.

I think this is pretty 'spot-on'. Let me see Romo throw the ball anywhere except down the middle to Witten and I'll get excited about him.

Henson was surrounded by 'dung-heaps' all night. If you'll recall, when Witten left the game so did Romo's ability.

Henson moved this team well until they reached they reached the RedZone.

After that - disaster.

But the 'sky is falling' attitude about Henson should be put to rest. All the kid needs is time and practice.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Vman said:
I think this is pretty 'spot-on'. Let me see Romo throw the ball anywhere except down the middle to Witten and I'll get excited about him.

Henson was surrounded by 'dung-heaps' all night. If you'll recall, when Witten left the game so did Romo's ability.

Henson moved this team well until they reached they reached the RedZone.

After that - disaster.

But the 'sky is falling' attitude about Henson should be put to rest. All the kid needs is time and practice.

Another post with AGENDA written all over it. I swear, we have a backup QB that plays well and people are criticizing him cuz he's not their "guy". :rolleyes:

I guess Witten would of helped Romo on the 3rd and 50 play?

Vman

Reaction score
No agenda I'm aware of. Could you find a post (before tonight) where my 'AGENDA' is apparent?

Don't bother looking.

Just calling it like I saw it.

Sounds like YOU may have the agenda.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I said both QBs played well, didn't make excuses for either and didn't criticize either, yet you're trying to turn it around on me and say I have an agenda?

yeah, that's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

You're post speaks for itself. I don't need to search for anything else.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Rack said:
Henson played solid, but he didn't outplay Romo. And I can care less who wins the backup job, I have no "favorites" so there's no agenda in my opinion. Yes Romo had Witten, but that was the only starter he had and he still went up against the Cards starting D for a series or two. I'm just happy both QBs looked solid despite the horrid play from the OL.

Hey I will admit I'm in Henson's camp..he played pretty well overall, But Romo did play better IMO. He seemed to be the most comfortable QB on the field tonight. Just my observation....Frankley both Romo and Henson looked better then Bledsoe.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Rack said:

That is false Romos was in against 2nd teamers the whole way. His first pass to Witten was defended By The cards backup SS.

Vman

Reaction score
Evidence (that I feel) supports my evaluation:

Romo First Series:

1-10-DAL16 (6:17) T.Romo pass to J.Witten to DAL 33 for 17 yards (Q.Harris).
1-10-DAL33 (5:55) T.Romo pass to Z.Smith to DAL 36 for 3 yards (A.Rolle).
2-7-DAL36 (5:08) M.Barber right end to DAL 37 for 1 yard (A.Rolle).
3-6-DAL37 (4:32) T.Romo pass to P.Crayton to DAL 40 for 3 yards (A.Rolle).
PENALTY on ARZ-A.Smith, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 37 - No Play.
3-1-DAL42 (4:00) T.Romo pass to J.Witten pushed ob at ARZ 45 for 13 yards (L.Reid).
1-10-ARI45 (3:32) T.Romo pass to J.Witten to ARZ 30 for 15 yards (Q.Harris).
1-10-ARI30 (2:57) T.Romo pass to J.Witten to ARZ 28 for 2 yards (A.Rolle, Q.Harris).
2-8-ARI28 (2:20) L.Polite right tackle to ARZ 29 for -1 yards (J.Darling).
3-9-ARI29 (2:01) T.Romo pass incomplete to P.Crayton (A.Rolle).
4-9-ARI29 (1:55) B.Cundiff 47 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Condo, Holder-T.Romo.

Romo Second Series:

1-10-ARI45 (13:55) M.Barber left tackle to ARZ 41 for 4 yards (E.Green).
2-6-ARI41 (13:15) T.Romo pass to B.Pierce to ARZ 34 for 7 yards (J.Darling).
1-10-ARI34 (12:35) T.Romo pass to Q.Morgan ran ob at ARZ 25 for 9 yards (E.Green).
2-1-ARI25 (12:16) M.Barber right end to ARZ 15 for 10 yards (R.Walls).
1-10-ARI15 (11:33) M.Barber up the middle to ARZ 14 for 1 yard (R.Kolodziej).
PENALTY on DAL, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ARZ 15 - No Play.
1-20-ARI25 (11:03) M.Barber right end to ARZ 15 for 10 yards (K.King).
PENALTY on DAL-T.Tucker, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ARZ 25 - No Play.
1-30-ARI35 (10:44) M.Barber up the middle to ARZ 39 for -4 yards (K.King).
2-34-ARI39 (10:08) M.Barber right end to ARZ 40 for -1 yards (C.Pace).
3-35-ARI40 (9:23) PENALTY on DAL-P.Crayton, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at ARZ 40 - No Play.
3-40-ARI45 (9:03) T.Romo pass to P.Crayton to ARZ 17 for 28 yards (Q.Harris).
PENALTY on DAL-S.Peterman, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ARZ 45 - No Play.
3-50-DAL45 (8:35) T.Romo pass incomplete to Q.Morgan (E.Green).
4-50-DAL45 (8:27) M.McBriar punts 44 yards to ARZ 11, Center-J.Condo. C.Lee MUFFS catch, touched at ARZ 6, and recovers at ARZ 0. C.Lee ran ob at ARZ 1 for 1 yard.

Third Series:

1-10-ARI44 (6:36) T.Romo sacked at ARZ 49 for -5 yards (C.Pace).
2-15-ARI49 (5:57) M.Barber left end to DAL 49 for -2 yards (J.Darling).
3-17-DAL49 (5:21) T.Romo pass to M.Barber to ARZ 46 for 5 yards (J.Darling).
4-12-ARI46 (5:21) (Run formation)
PENALTY on DAL-D.Pagel, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at ARZ 46 - No Play.
4-17-DAL49 (4:39) M.McBriar punts 41 yards to ARZ 10, Center-R.Fowler, fair catch by J.Redmond.

I think this shows Witten made the difference. Is that an 'AGENDA'?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Rack said:
Another post with AGENDA written all over it. I swear, we have a backup QB that plays well and people are criticizing him cuz he's not their "guy". :rolleyes:

I guess Witten would of helped Romo on the 3rd and 50 play?

You can call it agenda I call it reality. He had 47 yards to Witten on his very first drive a total of 50 passing yards that 1 drive.

In his next 2 drives he completed 3 passes for 21 yards.

I think having a pro bowl TE against Cards second team may have helped him

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Vman said:

and some help from the damn OL

and it wasnt just for him, the OL was putrid for all 3 QB's

David