The best DT ever and the best CB in the league can't get it done

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the rams were never going to go into green bay and beat them at home the packers will be in the superbowl along with kansas city the two best teams and the two best qb in the league

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rams ended the season with the #1 D but stats can be misleading because they played the AFC and NFC East and lost to BUF, MIA and NYJ. They didn't play offenses like GB, TEN, and KC.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't get how y'all don' see what that poster is doing lol..he does it everyday......
Some people can’t put 2 and 2 together. Others just can’t be honest about their intentions. It’s not hard to pick up on the ulterior motives posters have for saying what they say.

visionary

Reaction score
I think Donald is a great player, but he is seriously overhyped.

Ramsey has been good, but for costing the Rams a 1st rounder (not sure if anything else was part of that deal) and a massive contract extension, he just isn't worth it.

Rams defense got carved up by Rogers today.

Can't stand Rogers but was glad to see the Rams lose haha

I don't see how the Rams can get any better next year.

Edit: 2 1st round picks lol

Yep, you need a really good QB
They dont have one and we don’t have one

Lutonio

Reaction score
It’s an offensive league, and even more so this year with penalties being called significantly less.

Build a great offense and make sure your defense isn’t a sieve. The rules are too stacked against defense for any of them to be truly dominant through a season and post season. It’s more about getting some a sacks and a turnover through a game and hoping you don’t get detonated.

Turk

Reaction score
The Rams ended the season with the #1 D but stats can be misleading because they played the AFC and NFC East and lost to BUF, MIA and NYJ. They didn't play offenses like GB, TEN, and KC.
In 2003 we had the #1 D but it rarely faced any top offense; and in the end it went up against a better than average Carolina offense in the playoffs and pretty much got owned.

I never thought yards allowed should be the way a D is ranked. It should be combination of that, points allowed, 3rd down conversion rate. Those three together tell you what D's truly are good and bad.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is what an elite franchise QB can do for your team,
Make #1 defenses look bad,
Rodgers can carry his team to victory,
Dak cannot.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Rams issue is Goff is not even close to being worth a first-round pick, not Donald and Ramsey.
Goff did not give up the FG in 29 seconds or drop 2 int's at the end of the half or give up a 60 yard run at the beginning of the 3rd

Those things were huge momentum shifts!

Motorola

Reaction score

Ramsey has been good, but for costing the Rams a 1st rounder (not sure if anything else was part of that deal) and a massive contract extension, he just isn't worth it.

The Rams need a better offense.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

You know Donald was injured and played little, right? Do you actually watch games?

cowboyec

Reaction score
yeah...he's not the best DT ever.
that title still belongs to Bob Lilly.
and its not close.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some people can’t put 2 and 2 together. Others just can’t be honest about their intentions. It’s not hard to pick up on the ulterior motives posters have for saying what they say.
Yeah I mean all it takes is one post to realize his deal lol....but people will use him as the poster boy for how fans are on this site in regards to Dak lol...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL lol. Overhyped?
That low-key might be the dumbest thing I've heard and its odd because I assume the OP is a Cowboy fan so seeing our lack of interior presence you'd think there would be more respect towards players like Donald lol...

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dude, the GB defense isnt the same one Dak faced. In 2016 the GB defense had the worst pass defense in the league. Dak isnt even as good as Jared Goff! Weve seen Dak surrounded by first round talent on offense and still struggle to even move the ball.
bull.

Silly

Reaction score
I agree the AR is great. However, how much have the rule changes helped his game?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And we drafted Marcus Spears instead of Aaron Rodgers. Biggest player related blunder in Cowboy history.
:facepalm:

The Cowboys traded a third round pick a year earlier for Drew Henson and Romo was starting to turn heads in 2005 plus many weren’t sold on Aaron Rodgers which is why he dropped in the draft. It’s easy to look back now and say it was a blunder not drafting Rodgers but it made some sense at the time.