Video: The best Romo tribute

Blake

Reaction score
Yeah, troll... you keep posting it every so often and it remains as dopey each time you do.

Nothing quite as "costly" as early season interceptions against out of conference AFC teams... however does a team recover from such a tragedy?

As dopey as Romo's Hall of Fame chances for quarterback play?

Tough call there, quee-, .. er... cheif.

75boyz

Reaction score
Troy was great, but there was a fundamental difference between the teams he played on compared to the teams Romo played on. Hard to compare with such an uneven playing field.

If EVER there was a more true statement...This one.

And a step further even...

Although I'm a little more insightful and understand the world of black and white versus the ton of what if gray area that pro football exists in, I have caught myself putting Aikman on all of Romo's teams and putting Romo on Aikman's teams.

No need for rebuttal of the 89-91 dumpster blocking Troy endured or if Romo's body could have held up to that. I'll concede that point.

But from '92 and thereafter, and all other things being equal, I believe Romo would have fared just as good on all of Troy's teams than Troy EVER would have fared on Romo's. Just a simple opinion. Go Cowboys.

erod

Reaction score
You so desperately want Romo to be Joe Montana. I get it. But, he's more like a slightly more talented Rudy as far as the NFL is concerned.
Geez, you are a football Neanderthal. I'd bet you're unemployed, overdrawn, dumped on, and living on somebody's couch.

This is your only way to vent.

Blake

Reaction score
Geez, you are a football Neanderthal. I'd bet you're unemployed, overdrawn, dumped on, and living on somebody's couch.

This is your only way to vent.

I'm a business owner and hold a Master's in Information Systems. Nice try though. And good job on revealing that black heart of yours.

Blake

Reaction score
This Blake character is sad

projection.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If EVER there was a more true statement...This one.

And a step further even...

Although I'm a little more insightful and understand the world of black and white versus the ton of what if gray area that pro football exists in, I have caught myself putting Aikman on all of Romo's teams and putting Romo on Aikman's teams.

No need for rebuttal of the 89-91 dumpster blocking Troy endured or if Romo's body could have held up to that. I'll concede that point.

But from '92 and thereafter, and all other things being equal, I believe Romo would have fared just as good on all of Troy's teams than Troy EVER would have fared on Romo's. Just a simple opinion. Go Cowboys.
That's been my point of view as well.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I'm a business owner and hold a Master's in Information Systems. Nice try though. And good job on revealing that black heart of yours.
I know business owners who don’t know English and drive a geo, and masters in information systems sounds like a huge waste of money...I’m sure it’s been 10-12 years and you’re still waiting for a job opening. Better off getting a welding license at some technical school

75boyz

Reaction score
I know business owners who don’t know English and drive a geo, and masters in information systems sounds like a huge waste of money...I’m sure it’s been 10-12 years and you’re still waiting for a job opening. Better off getting a welding license at some technical school

Look, In the real Big Picture of Cowboy fandom I can't be critical of Blake.

33 yrs old, which means he was 8 when we won the Super Bowl and a certain quarterback hero attachment syndrome followed with his Troy appreciation and that of his team.

I'm 53. The same thing happened to me with Roger. As a 10 yr old in 75, and even tho we lost that first SB to the Steelers, I was still hooked.

Just a matter of perspective.

To this day, I'll take Roger over BOTH Tony and Troy and not think twice about it.

But there really is no debating either the coaching or roster supremacy that both Troy and Roger had in comparison to what Tony ever had. Its not debateable.

This is where Blake fails to realize where the fundamental difference lies.

Romo is far superior at doing more with less. Case closed.

Like I said, I don't hold it against him. I feel the same about Roger.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Look, In the real Big Picture of Cowboy fandom I can't be critical of Blake.

33 yrs old, which means he was 8 when we won the Super Bowl and a certain quarterback hero attachment syndrome followed with his Troy appreciation and that of his team.

I'm 53. The same thing happened to me with Roger. As a 10 yr old in 75, and even tho we lost that first SB to the Steelers, I was still hooked.

Just a matter of perspective.

To this day, I'll take Roger over BOTH Tony and Troy and not think twice about it.

But there really is no debating either the coaching or roster supremacy that both Troy and Roger had in comparison to what Tony ever had. Its not debateable.

This is where Blake fails to realize where the fundamental difference lies.

Romo is far superior at doing more with less. Case closed.

Like I said, I don't hold it against him. I feel the same about Roger.
My reply to him was simply about his need to supply credentials about his personal life, who cares we are here to talk about football. Not about what masters you have or what business you own. Both parties need to chill out and just talk football, not get into each other’s feelings. I’m sure he has done well in his life, which in that case he wouldn’t need to reassure himself on a board about football to anyone.

75boyz

Reaction score
My reply to him was simply about his need to supply credentials about his personal life, who cares we are here to talk about football. Not about what masters you have or what business you own. Both parties need to chill out and just talk football, not get into each other’s feelings. I’m sure he has done well in his life, which in that case he wouldn’t need to reassure himself on a board about football to anyone.

True. Didn't mean to go all pseudo child psychologist with my post. My bad, and Thanks for the reminder bro.

Blake

Reaction score

It's sad that you have such an insatiable need to tear another random down on a message board that you've never met in your life. It speaks to your character. Even sadder is your post count relative to the length of time I've been a member of these boards (Since 2004). Who's really the one struggling with finding better things to do? :laugh:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Imagine him on that 2016 team with Zeke in the backfield :(

That offensive team was built for him, and to this day i will never understand why they didn't give it back to him. Dak played really well in his place but anyone who understands football knows that he was being carried by the team and not the other way around. That offense with Zeke was a better version of our 2014 offense with DeMarco, and our O-Line in 2016 was at the peak of their ability they have never been better than they were that season. I will go to my grave believing we would have won the SB that season had they given the team back to Tony when he was healthy enough to play

Last edited: