The Best Thing You've Ever Eaten

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
For me... it was this heavenly Abalone in San Francisco with roasted Asparagus and an herb/butter sauce to die for.

Fresh Abalone! What a treat for the taste buds!

Can't find that shiz-nozz down here in the desert...

strollinruss

Reaction score
I love Christmas breakfast at my moms. She makes homemade biscuits and she bakes these eggs in a cupcake pan. Instead of a cupcake cup she lines it with bacon. So basically it’s a bacon wrapped eggg. Soooo dang good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the late 70's, we went to a restaurant south of the San Francisco airport on the advice of the concierge at the hotel. We are in downtown San Francisco and this guy recommends driving 40 minutes to eat at what he said is the best Chinese restaurant in America. We decided to try it, called to get reservations and figured it wouldn't be crowded on a week night and out of town like that. We could have walked into any restaurant in the Bay Area that night because everyone was at Kee Joon's Restaurant.

The place was packed and I was surprised they took our reservation and the wait was well over an hour past our reservation and I hate waiting in restaurants but I would soon find out why there was this large a crowd and the people next to us told us you have to make reservations at least a month out on the weekends and at least 3 months out for the holidays.

The entire meal was memorable but the star of the show was the first course, Quail Packages. They're small birds to begin with I figured this won't even be a snack just using their packages but was used to the Asian habit of wasting nothing. The packages were the forerunner of Chang's Lettuce Wraps that put them on the map. They were pan fried tableside, the whole quail, not just their packages, deboned and this guy had several different sauces and vegetables in little bowls and he meticulously, like a surgeon, tucked everything into bibb lettuce leaves. We took one bite and just stopped in mid chew, this was the best combination of flavors my wife and I had ever put in our mouths and I immediately told the young man to double the order and would have just told him to stay there and keep stuffing those little packages until we were stuffed but we figured if this is the best thing we ever tasted, what's up next? The best Asian meal of our lives and the catalyst for getting us into Asian cooking at home. We tried the Quail Packages at home and they were good but not show stopping like at Kee Joon. Plus, I do not have that meticulous, like a surgeon, skill so the show was lacking as well, as my wife was glad to point out.

I don't know if they're even around any longer but if they are, I'd commit a capital crime just to get the death penalty to get that as my last meal.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Mary’s in strawn, about an hour west of dfw on i20. My favorite chicken fried steak. And when you order the large, you’re getting a large let me tell you.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't know what the best ever I've eaten is. There are a lot of contenders. My mom's homemade pumpkin pie is a strong contender.

Brisket Tacos from Fresco's Cocina is another.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The Elvis Burger @Marlowes in Memphis...on Elvis Presley Blvd.,cheese burger with ham and bacon...piled high...best burger on the planet.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Young& fresh shakey puddin'o_O

*honestly, I'm drawing a blank, it depends on how hungry a person is,I know that much, I guess drawing from memory as to being the most memorable would be the Alaskan king crab& boiled artichokes the girlfriend would cook up& I'd remove that
Remington bronze horseback mounted COWBOY off the glass table top in the middle of the living room& sit on the floor, ya,,,those were good times:)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cake. Don't even know what it was called. An operations manager, Drop, dead, gorgeous BTW...... made the cake for the month of November birthdays. Yes.....that's how sweet she is.

I've never had anything better, ever.

Hands down.

I'm gonna find out what it is and I ain't telling you guys. :grin:

Well I'll probably PM Risen cause he needs something to love..... ;)

Last edited:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Usually depends on my current mood and craves.

One day is could be Chicken & Chorizo Cilantro Lime Pizza, or it could be Blackened Chicken and Shirmp. (or Pasta Mardi Gras from Pappadeaux is awesome)

Sometimes I still miss my grandmothers chicken and dumplings.

As I said, it depends on the current mood.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Home:
My father's seasoned hamburgers with fresh ground round from the meat market, and, his tuna fish spread with walnuts.
My mother's tune casserole, and, her French Toast.

Hotel/Resort:
Prime Rib at Lakeway Resort near Austin. Very fresh beef !

Fresh squeezed Orange Juice at the Rose Hall resort in Jamaica.

Amtrak:
Cheescake, served onboard after stopping in Oakland, Ca.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Maybe not the best thing I've eatin', but McDonalds Fries are the best Fries...

Xelda

Reaction score
My momma was Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen. She couldn't cook worth a crap, but she could cuss like a sailor. Her momma was an excellent cook. One day I irked momma about the good cook gene skipping a couple of generations and she barked "she used bacon in everything". So I'm going to have to say bacon.