The Big Picture of the Garrett Era

RD21

Reaction score
the big reason we need a change...our window of opportunity is closing. fast...

Zeke and Dak are half way through their elite years.

The OL is going to need a rebuild in 3-4 years also.

The defense and special teams coordinators are going to need replacements too.
Yup.

It's time to poop or get off the pot....

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I can’t believe we win one game against a winning team finally and some people think we are awesome.........stupid Cowboy fans....

It is not stupidity. It is called hope for your team. I would imagine every fan base does the same thing.

johneric8

Reaction score
That’s mere speculation.

The fact Jerry believes and is selling this is a SB caliber team is enough for me to throw up Red Flags.

We play the lesser teams great but not the more Elite teams which leads me to believe our talent is over hyped.
We just beat a team that went to the super bowl and is very talented in the rams, so your theory is debunked. the Cowboys have more than enough talent to go to a super bowl, the problem is they don't have the generals and directors to lead them. The way the Cowboys totally whipped the Rams tells you all you need to see in terms of their talent level.. number one reason we're held back each and every year is horribly inconsistent coaching.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We just beat a team that went to the super bowl and is very talented in the rams, so your theory is debunked. the Cowboys have more than enough talent to go to a super bowl, the problem is they don't have the generals and directors to lead them. The way the Cowboys totally whipped the Rams tells you all you need to see in terms of their talent level.. number one reason we're held back each and every year is horribly inconsistent coaching.
This Rams team this year isn’t the same team headed to most likely 8-7 this weekend.

Our coaching didn’t hold us back last year taking us to brink of a championship appearance. Not sure how anyone saw our last years team as one of the Final 4 teams.

Our coaching is average but not the sole cause of less success.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO- The most important change that needs to happen to get us to the next level is not just hiring a great coach. In order for this team to take the next step, whoever Jerry hires next MUST be given a strong hand in changing this culture.

We need a strong coach who can replace the entitled country club environment with a tougher, more accountable culture. I have been a Cowboys fan over 50 years and I’ve never seen so many excuses be accepted by the leader for a lack of success in the last 20+ seasons. Excuses become cancerous to a culture. It is the opposite of accountability. Enablement of continued failure to achieve goals is destructive.

A strong culture doesn’t mean treating people badly. It means treating them like adults. Hiring people and letting them do their jobs to achieve established goals. If those goals are not achieved, it’s time for accountability, which usually means finding someone else to try.

This is what could cure this organization’s quarter century of mediocrity and near playoff irrelevance. This organization’s leader has basically allowed mediocre expectations to rule. High expectations must always be in place to achieve goals.

It all depends on whether Jerry can recognize any of this, take responsibility for his role in it and take action to change. If he either can’t or won’t take action to change, he could bring back Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi or Don Shula and Little would change. Our hopes are probably hanging on Jerry looking in the mirror and deciding changes are needed starting with himself.

I’m not holding my breath.

johneric8

Reaction score
This Rams team this year isn’t the same team headed to most likely 8-7 this weekend.

Our coaching didn’t hold us back last year taking us to brink of a championship appearance. Not sure how anyone saw our last years team as one of the Final 4 teams.

Our coaching is average but not the sole cause of less success.

The Ram's are indeed still a winning team that is well coached and talented so try again. We destroyed them.. Look man, this team has top talent all over the field so get out of here with your incessant BS in terms of your talent evaluation.

Our coaching did a horrible job against the Rams! They admitted to not being ready for the Ram's and the pace they played with, this is horrible and on the coaching that they didn't and couldn't adjust. Lets look at things realistically last year for a second! We won exactly one playoff game at Jerry world against a VERY young team that was struggling in the Seahawks. As soon as we faced a team that was playing really well the wheels came off. In big moments against stiff competition we folded like a cheap tent.

In terms of coaching, it should be obvious to you that the up and down nature of our team falls squarely on the coaching that excepts and nurtures it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Ram's are indeed still a winning team that is well coached and talented so try again. We destroyed them.. Look man, this team has top talent all over the field so get out of here with your incessant BS in terms of your talent evaluation.

Our coaching did a horrible job against the Rams! They admitted to not being ready for the Ram's and the pace they played with, this is horrible and on the coaching that they didn't and couldn't adjust. Lets look at things realistically last year for a second! We won exactly one playoff game at Jerry world against a VERY young team that was struggling in the Seahawks. As soon as we faced a team that was playing really well the wheels came off. In big moments against stiff competition we folded like a cheap tent.

In terms of coaching, it should be obvious to you that the up and down nature of our team falls squarely on the coaching that excepts and nurtures it.
If the Pro Bowl is any indication our talent level this year is extremely over hyped.

We were basically one player away last year from finishing a 3-5 start probably 6-10.

I truly didn’t believe we were a Final 4 team last year. We didn’t look like during the season or in playoffs.

No, this is who we are. In the next echelon of teams struggling for a playoff spot.

johneric8

Reaction score
If the Pro Bowl is any indication our talent level this year is extremely over hyped.

We were basically one player away last year from finishing a 3-5 start probably 6-10.

I truly didn’t believe we were a Final 4 team last year. We didn’t look like during the season or in playoffs.

No, this is who we are. In the next echelon of teams struggling for a playoff spot.
Bro, we're trying to make different points, I never said the cowboys were very good this year or last, but for me I 100% blame our coaching in terms of mental preparation, this has always been our problem. Garrett may know how to give good speeches, he gives us zero gameday advantages and fails to keep the team from drinking the coolaid. You and I disagree on the talent level, heck most people disagree with you on that, so that is what it is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bro, we're trying to make different points, I never said the cowboys were very good this year or last, but for me I 100% blame our coaching in terms of mental preparation, this has always been our problem. Garrett may know how to give good speeches, he gives us zero gameday advantages and fails to keep the team from drinking the coolaid. You and I disagree on the talent level, heck most people disagree with you on that, so that is what it is.
I find it suspicious that our coaching only hurts us against the better teams in general. Which I’d argue is more about our lack of talent.

We are a talent dependent team. We will go as far as it takes us.

johneric8

Reaction score
I find it suspicious that our coaching only hurts us against the better teams in general. Which I’d argue is more about our lack of talent.

We are a talent dependent team. We will go as far as it takes us.
We lost to the saints in New Orleans by 2 points, lost to green bay by 10, lost to the Jet's by 2, Vikings by 4, patriots at gillette by 4, buffalo by 11, and bears by 6. We had good chances in each and every one of these games, but undisciplined play and lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball contributed. If you look at these losses it really didn't matter whom we were playing it was more about not playing complimentary football. Heck the same team just spanked the ram's minus a healthy amari cooper so that goes for something. I just think it comes down to having more stable coaching quite honestly to turn things around, especially in playoffs. Sure Jerry is Jerry, so it will be hard to overcome that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We lost to the saints in New Orleans by 2 points, lost to green bay by 10, lost to the Jet's by 2, Vikings by 4, patriots at gillette by 4, buffalo by 11, and bears by 6. We had good chances in each and every one of these games, but undisciplined play and lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball contributed. If you look at these losses it really didn't matter whom we were playing it was more about not playing complimentary football. Heck the same team just spanked the ram's minus a healthy amari cooper so that goes for something. I just think it comes down to having more stable coaching quite honestly to turn things around, especially in playoffs. Sure Jerry is Jerry, so it will be hard to overcome that.
Not sure why we can’t accept some teams are simply better than us ? Like NE, NO, GB and Minn.

I certainly didn’t walk away thinking we were better than any of those teams.

Football is a sum sport . There’s always going to be a winner and a loser barring a tie.