The blueprint

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by goshan, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

4,513 Messages
    1,953 Likes Received
    There's no blueprint. The plan has ALWAYS been to stop the run and make Dak beat em with the pass. It didn't work yesterday. The offense was horrible.

Defense didn't help either, Course, being on the field for the majority of the game doesn't help either.

A real bad loss. Moving on.

2. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

10,480 Messages
    17,140 Likes Received
    Yea, there were a lot of blueprints produced in the NFL yesterday. The Cowboys were not mentally prepared to play a good team with a hunger to win and got their butts kicked. Now, on to the Falcons.

blueblood70 likes this.
  3. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,125 Messages
    19,615 Likes Received
    no it wasnt, was a bad game, typically we make a team pay for daring Dak and this passing offense to throw..i hope they try that,

i doubt dak misses 3 big throws to w/o receivers, doubt ac and lamb drop and easy catches, and doubt Diggs gets lit up like that..

I truly doubt all those bounces go the way of the other team..was an oddball game..nothing went right.,,blueprint is not what happened bad execution did.i saw wide open Wrs and underestimating denver and not playing or those first 2 FGs etc.The coaches felt they could easily make that up but couldn't because of all those mistakes..Dak had one of his worst games ive ever seen..wont happen every week my friend..

Cowboys
    packers
    Rams
    raiders
    bengals
    eagles

Bucs/WFT off

all lost as well.. we lost no grounds really..we could have gained ground but the payoff picture is still exactly how it was going into the game..

a loss is loss..

lets let it go 24 hr rule

4. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

7,681 Messages
    9,885 Likes Received
    I am not surprised this is the blue print. I have been saying since the season began I would run right at Dallas DL. The formula is to run between the ends and DTs. It seems to me when the opposing offense does this, someone should be filling those gaps. I think this is where DLaw will help. He is not as easy to block.

5. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

5,607 Messages
    15,893 Likes Received
    100% correct.

But TB, GB, LAR etc… they are “good” teams who only beat great teams and their losses were never a reflection on their QBs bc — after all— their QBs are “elite” while Dak must remain “non elite” and forever propped up by his supporting cast.

Romo_To_Dez likes this.
  6. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

13,745 Messages
    11,844 Likes Received
    I said yesterday that McCarthy made some bad decisions, that the team has usually been able to overcome with a high scoring offense and defense that has been getting turnovers. That didn't happen yesterday and the team got dominated as a result, in the worst game they have had in seasons. But, as you said, other Cowboys opponents can't hope for Dak to be so off or for this Cowboys team as a whole to play as badly as they did yesterday.

Even Denver coach knows this, which is why he said he wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys scored 35 points in the rest of their games or that he couldn't envision the Cowboys losing many more games this season.

blueblood70 likes this.
  7. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

13,474 Messages
    19,819 Likes Received
    Denver was able to get pressure without blitzing. They could drop more in coverage as a result. They also used disguised coverage more than Dak had seen this year.

Other teams will try to copy, but I'm confident Moore and Dak will work in the lab and adjust.

8. INCowboysFan

INCowboysFan Well-Known Member

1,725 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    No doubt that they are one of, if not the, best team in football. Fortunately we don't have to worry about them. A lot can happen in the second half of the season

9. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

11,734 Messages
    7,531 Likes Received
    The Jets beat the Titans. The J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. Just saying.

10. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,808 Messages
    26,383 Likes Received
    Early in the season. The Titans are on a five game win streak.. The Panthers also started off 3-0.

11. khiladi

31,808 Messages
    26,383 Likes Received
    Patriots are a bend don’t break scheme with Bellichek. He doesn’t care about yards, it’s the red zone defense where they excel. We got a pick 6.

And that’s pretty much and QB in the NFL…

12. khiladi

31,808 Messages
    26,383 Likes Received
    Uh no….

We got a pick 6 and Atlanta put up 28 in the SB…

13. VaqueroTD

VaqueroTD Well-Known Member

2,572 Messages
    5,539 Likes Received
    I agree with both sides. Goshan is on to something. By now, teams are starting to know our strengths/weaknesses. McCarthy even said in one of his PCs, about week 6 or 7 the rest of the league knows you well.

And I also agree with the other side that we were a self fulfilling prophecy by just playing like crap. Every opposing coach looks like a genius when we can't block, throw or catch.

Probably not a coincidence either that some of this started after the Pats game. Chargers/Broncos, same coaching school, tough games. Pats, tough game. Buccs tough but maybe too early in the season. If I'm the opponent, I'm watching game tape of those 3 games to expose us - Pats, Broncos, Chargers.

14. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,201 Messages
    28,894 Likes Received
    The blueprint to beating the Cowboys is shoving Dak's head up his butt and then allowing him to play or just being the better team. TB was the better team, Denver was the other way. ;)

15. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

5,607 Messages
    15,893 Likes Received
    You are correct. I misspoke. Dak put up the most passing yards against a Belichik D. Not points

16. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

25,407 Messages
    25,586 Likes Received
    Same blueprint. We didn’t practice hard enough and team wasn’t prepared. The flash plays that usually result in scores didn’t happen. Dropped passes and bad ones. Left your Defense on the field to long. Coaching is as much to blame as the players.

Soth likes this.
  17. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld 26 years of 26 years

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    27,288 Messages
    30,318 Likes Received
    Hitting our WR's at the line could be a good recipe for giving up a 30+ yard play. Our WR's are very good at getting behind CB's even without jams.

Lets hope they do this

18. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

13,381 Messages
    7,506 Likes Received
    The blueprint his definitely in place. Now let's see how the Cowboys can adjust and which teams can exploit them like the Broncos did. Now we are about to see how GREAT Kellen Moore actually is.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/broncos-cowboys-dak-prescott-vic-fangio-caden-sterns/

19. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

8,172 Messages
    14,236 Likes Received
    What "blueprint"? Did the Bucs, Chargers, Eagles, Panthers, Giants, Patriots, and Vikings' coaching staffs spend their week of preparation for the Cowboys watching Netflix instead of game film? And it took the genius Vic Fangio to crack the code?

Overreaction is easy after a game like this. Let's just accept the fact the entire team was hot garbage yesterday and move on. If teams want to copy Denver from now on the Cowboys will be in excellent shape because they'll be ready for it this time too.

20. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,999 Messages
    9,293 Likes Received
    - Dak was beating these loaded box and blitzers with his quick read- release (before this game) ..and he wasn't missing targets the way he was this Denver game.
    He was taking care of secondaries who were left exposed by the extra blitizing safety

- Teams were already loading up extra men in the box, because they wanted to stop the Zeke-pollard run game and make the Cowboys one-dimensional
    what did Denver do differently with their load up front that was different than what Belicheck, Bucs and others did ?

Another problem was the OT protection (to start) ...
    - do we remember Pat Mahomes being hurried and harassed all night in the SB without his starting OTs' ?