The Boxing of Beasley

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
You want a syllabus? Sorry.

I'll give one more preview:
I'll explain my view on why Cole will never work as an outside receiver, despite offseason exploration of him playing there. I have my boxes for Cole too and I stand by them.

But that's days away.

Stop your fussing. Its not a good look.

"Days away"?

You made a thread to let us know that on some day in the future you will make a thread about Beasley? Why?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Beasley will benefit from a new scheme and receivers coach. This season he will have both. I expect him to have a good year.
I expect other teams to scheame for him and shut him down. Since I have no faith in Garrett to scheame him open

glimmerman

Reaction score
Beez is gonna have a better year. Hoping they implement a slightly new scheme with these young WR and TE so they will have to stop the bracket coverage he was getting. It took him out of the game almost completely. And we all saw how much it hurt our Offense.

Number1

Reaction score
Switzer (a 5th WR/KR) was traded for a disgruntled talent playing out of position ... a stating D3. Nice move.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Perhaps the toughest boxes Cole must escape are the ones not fully acknowledged...the traps newly conceived and those just lurking around the corner.

St-Patricks-Day-Kids-Leprechaun-Trap-Ideas-680x1020.jpg

Number1

Reaction score
How do you score 556 TDs on 60 catches? Not even Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl could do that.

alternative facts matter ,,, sort of

his numbers were off like the whole team in 2017 as Dak was body slammed at an alarming rate - 14 sacks in 11 days basically ended the season

look Beasley is a great Z WR, one of the best in the game, he gets open and makes plays
but he can play X or Y only in a pinch - he ain't 6'4" and doesn't have deep speed
he can't play TE either.

so how is that "disrespect"?

note, IMO if he were 6'4" he'd make a great QB, if he had 4.3 speed he would be by far the best Z in the game, and a good Y

he's unique - pound for pound an incredible athlete - he's got game. a critical piece on this team

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cole Beasley has been boxed-in for the entirety of his athletic life. Labeled. Categorized. Diminished. Dissed. Somehow Beas manages to jack all the boxes the world squeezes him into. The NFL and its fans have come to learn that Cole packs some Houdini Sauce...and features an uncanny habit of busting out...and breaking through.

The little kid from Little Elm Texas repeatedly surprises everyone, making big impact plays on America’s largest stage.

What follows is a CowboyZone exclusive...a multi-installment thread discussing Cole and the boxes his world imposes—past, current and future. This thread demands extra time and attention and I intend to give it some love.

Perhaps the toughest boxes Cole must escape are the ones not fully acknowledged...the traps newly conceived and those just lurking around the corner. This won’t be pure fan-fest. I’ll document my doubts from the past...explore the day he deserted the team...and be frank with skepticism about his future.

Day 1...tomorrow...the kid from a small school in a nothing conference...and how he managed to get even that far.

What exactly are these? Who cares about the psychology of Cole Beasley? The guy is slot receiver in the NFL. Got a nice contract a few years ago. Made a terrible rap album. Will be fighting for a roster spot this camp. That's the story...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Now that Dez is gone other players have a shot at the most overrated player title. Dez is gone and Witten was sure to take the overrated torch from Dez, but now he is gone too. Now, Beas and every other payer has a legitimate shot at it. It's there for the taking!

Most overrated? I like that. Crawford would be my pick. Beasley is in the mix.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The reason the Bracket/Box (NBA Post Defense) worked is because first Beasley only runs a handful of routes and they are all pretty much the same, slant, option, and drag. I am sure he can run more but he is "effective" on those only running him on deep outs or comebacks negates short are quickness which he has and he does not have the skill to catch deep throws. It is also the coaching staffs ineptitude to offer him other means of getting open, very few stacks, rubs, and motion.