The breaks are finally coming our way

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by garyo1954, Nov 25, 2020.

1. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    2,945 Likes Received
    Here's some good news!

The Baltimore Ravens are set for a tough game this week as they visit the currently undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers. This game is an opportunity for Pittsburgh to really stake their claim to the AFC North and it was going to happen on Thanksgiving night for all of the world to see.

Circumstances have altered this game and as a result next week’s Cowboys game has a significantly different detail associated with it.

Ravens/Steelers is now happening on Sunday which means the Cowboys will have an entire week of rest against the Ravens on a short one.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...wboys-visit-them/ar-BB1bmduK?ocid=hplocalnews

2. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

14,686 Messages
    22,149 Likes Received
    This would be an enormous advantage for the Cowboys if they play on Thursday as scheduled.

Would not surprise me if they move the Ravens/Cowboys game to Sunday

Proof and NorthTexan95 like this.
  3. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

4,347 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Hopefully a physical game against Pittsburgh softens up the Ravens. We will need every advantage we can get.

4. foofighters

foofighters Well-Known Member

2,965 Messages
    4,670 Likes Received
    Cowboys would need to win pretty big tomorrow to generate some conference title/playoff talk with the ease of schedule.

Pantone282C and catiii like this.
  5. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

2,139 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    Once I see this team actually take advantage of the breaks they get, then I will start celebrating breaks coming our way. In the Garrett era we came out of a bye week and laid an egg on the field several times. Hope things change with this coaching staff. If we do play the Ravens on Thursday, we might be able to save some watermelons.

Pantone282C and catiii like this.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,035 Messages
    14,071 Likes Received
    I don't think the short week matters all that much for a single game, especially for the way the Ravens play. Its' not as if they scheme much.

Pantone282C and Runwildboys like this.
  7. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

4,511 Messages
    7,569 Likes Received
    The strength and conditioning coach is clinging to life in a hospital. Don’t think the team shares your view.

8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

21,156 Messages
    4,927 Likes Received
    totally different issue

aikemirv likes this.
  9. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Well-Known Member

2,210 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    If we play the Ravens on Thursday then they will be on a short week while we're not. If they delay the game until Sunday then the Ravens will be on regular rest but we'll have an extra four days. Either way we benefit to some extent.

10. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

4,511 Messages
    7,569 Likes Received
    Not really. Something like this can understandably totally derail momentum for the season. It will be really interesting to see how they play tomorrow.

Pantone282C and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  11. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

15,582 Messages
    12,171 Likes Received
    Baltimore is getting hit with Covid.

They said this morning they had 9 guys on watch and not playing.

This either helps us or hurts us. If some do not return before our game..good.

If they do get some of them back then we could be in trouble as they will need to play out of their minds to catch the Steelers.

That would have to start with us when we play. They will be breathing fire for Dallas.

Not potentially a pretty sight for us.

12. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,840 Messages
    18,987 Likes Received
    Can we play and beat Wash first?

13. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

4,148 Messages
    3,897 Likes Received
    lets just shove all the chips in on this one

JoeKing likes this.
  14. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

6,995 Messages
    11,139 Likes Received
    Short week does not matter

the Ravens defense is still a powerhouse and the thought of us chasing Lamar around for 60 minutes spells trouble

15. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

1,311 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    Maybe up the middle, but I think Lamar has his work cut out, running outside against dlaw, gregory, and smith. It will be fun to watch.

Runwildboys likes this.
  16. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

6,023 Messages
    4,973 Likes Received
    Sorry but I don't see it as " good news ", but more so a travesty of what our entire nation.. our entire globe has to take on and fight through.
    that NFL game change and reschedule also involves human health risk and endangered lives. and this is a crisis we cannot, never
    take it for granted.
    Its information news .. but considering the circumstances, I refuse to call it " good news." :(

17. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    2,945 Likes Received
    LOL! Some of yall are so negative if Publishers Clearinghouse Prize Patrol showed up at your door you'd be like.....
    [​IMG]

18. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

8,109 Messages
    25,293 Likes Received
    Let’s hope it’s not the “brakes” coming our way, lol. This league is completely unpredictable.

19. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

5,292 Messages
    4,915 Likes Received
    It matters because of recovery time for Jackson

20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

82,186 Messages
    60,139 Likes Received
    Playing the Ravens under any circumstance doesn't make me feel like the Cowboys are catching a break in any form or fashion.