The Browns are idiots

jay94

Reaction score
Completely agree. We've see Gurley without a QB and with.

Barkley is a short term band-aid to Gmen's problem. If they don't have a top 3 pick within next 3 years then they will need to mortgage the future to get into top of 1st round to pick a QB.

They upgraded the line quite a bit too, they were more active then you would think, just like the Eagles were super active after their 7 and 9 season. Us it's just always trust the process....

btcutter

Reaction score
They upgraded the line quite a bit too, they were more active then you would think, just like the Eagles were super active after their 7 and 9 season. Us it's just always trust the process....

They were very active. But they are putting all their eggs in a QB that's 37 with perhaps 1-2 yr left.

Philidelphia was super active but they secured their YOUNG franchise QB. They are building behind youth. Gmen is NOT. My guess is that Barkey and Eli will keep Gmen relevant but not enough to make it to the big dance. This is actually detrimental to the franchise as it will be in the 7-9, 10-6 purgatory for the next 5 years and not able to secure a top franchise QB without mortgaging the future.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
They could've drafted Barkley at 1 and still got Mayfield at 4. Now we have to deal with him for 5 years. He'll leave in free-agency after Odell trys to touch him in the shower.
LOL. Odella def has some sugar in the gas tank...

jay94

Reaction score
They were very active. But they are putting all their eggs in a QB that's 37 with perhaps 1-2 yr left.

Philidelphia was super active but they secured their YOUNG franchise QB. They are building behind youth. Gmen is NOT. My guess is that Barkey and Eli will keep Gmen relevant but not enough to make it to the big dance. This is actually detrimental to the franchise as it will be in the 7-9, 10-6 purgatory for the next 5 years and not able to secure a top franchise QB without mortgaging the future.

Giants got the draft very wrong, I think with what they have as offensive firepower and what was available, if they wanted to build for the immediate now, Quenton Nelson was the pick, but because I think because base off of previous drafts the value they could of gotten from trading down, just would of helped the team much more then one pick. The Giants are far from one player away, but that being said they are much better than their record indicated as well. They could easily make the playoffs like the Cowboys next year, but neither could I entertain having a chance at the Super Bowl.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Most underrated player in the last 20 years in that picture!!!
I put it in there for all of the haters that won't recognize his greatness or acknowledge that he carried some ****** teams as far as they could be carried .

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Giants were the idiots for not getting a top tier QB with thier first pick. I don't mind dealing with Barkley because our defensse will gobble him up twice each year until they fix the holes in their O-line.

Johnny23

Reaction score
@jay94

I am not a Mayfield guy. The Browns are stupid for allowing Denver to take Chubb and get exactly what they needed to be contenders in the AFC. Ogbah is a solid rotational guy but Chubb added a whole lotta nitro to that engine on defense.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They got the QB they wanted and the best CB in the draft who was a top 5 player according to most. The only question was Chubb or Nelson but they already had two top 40 picks at DE and a gaping hole at CB. Nevermind they ended up with Chubb and Corbett in the second round.

I would much rather have had Ward and Chubb than Barkley and whatever DBs there left in the middle of the second.

DanA

Reaction score
I think Baker was the no.1 pick and doubt he'd have been there at pick 4. I also can't fault them for going corner when they have Ogbah and Garrett at DE and probably the worst DB unit in the league.

timb2

Reaction score
I got a feeling Sam Darnold told the Browns privately not to draft him. Basically Eli Manning did the same thing to San Diego.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The browns have been snake bit and have had terrible drafts for years.

However as much a Chubbs would have been a home run along with Garrett.

It is not like the Browns have not addressed DE with TWO drafts in a row.

They took Garrett and the year before they took Ogbah at the top of the second round. Now that might not be as good as Chubbs and Garrett.

However just check their CB depth chart besides Ward and you could make an argument that maybe they should get a good starting CB.

Big_D

Reaction score
There's no guarantee Mayfield is there at 4. And I know Chubb was a great prospect but Ward is the best cover corner in the draft. In that division, Cleveland needs CBs. We'll see how things pan out but I think the browns are on the cusp of being a very good football team.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I would prefer drafts done in a snake-like order.

Worst team picks #1 in the first round, but as a result picks at #64 in the second.

Think losing is way overcompensated right now.
I said this kind of casually but after thinking about this idea more and more, the more I really think this is what the NFL should do

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Although the perception was that Mayfield was not the top QB in this draft, that does not mean NFL people thought the same. W/ the huge question marks surrounding every QB in this draft, I'm not sure Mayfield wasn't the top prospect. If he were 2 inches taller, he would easily be the top QB in this draft. So, if you need a QB and you have the first pick, you take the one you perceive as the best, don't dick around and don't get cute, you take him.

Now taking a CB at 4 over Chubb and Nelson, that was dumb!!!

^^^this ......no waay in hell you pass on Nelson for CB.