The Browns did it the right way

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys have been irrelevant for 24 years.
Woah! That's a hell of a claim to make on a Cowboys forum. I reject that thought. The Cowboys may no be winning SBs but they have always been relevant. That's why the TV networks still consider them broadcast gold.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think they will win 2 Super Bowls in the next 5 years if their key players avoid injuries.
Im not sure about that but they do have a better chance at winning a SB than Dallas! They made a smart business decision when they brought in John Dorsey as GM. Things have been trending up for them ever since that move.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Tanking is the right way to build a stacked team and win the Super Bowl. The Browns have a ton of young studs and many of them are on rookie contracts. Having Mayfield, Ward, and Garrett on cost controlled rookie deals is unbelievable. Paying pennies for those high priced positions allowed them to spend big on OBJ, Landry, and Vernon. I think they will win 2 Super Bowls in the next 5 years if their key players avoid injuries. TRUST THE PROCESS
um....these are the browns.

and this is their former quarterback convention held at the vatican last year.
vatican-city-vatican-24th-apr-2016-a-general-view-of-the-crowded-square-FY9D7A.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Tanking my be the "right way" in other sports but that's the chicken poop way in the NFL. Cleveland Sucks!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like Cleveland isn't satisfied with just making the playoffs. The Jones boys must find all this very confusing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Looks like Cleveland isn't satisfied with just making the playoffs. The Jones boys must find all this very confusing.
in all honesty - they seem to be doing some good stuff. it's just their curse i fear to yank the football away from charlie BROWNS. :)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
um....these are the browns.

and this is their former quarterback convention held at the vatican last year.
vatican-city-vatican-24th-apr-2016-a-general-view-of-the-crowded-square-FY9D7A.jpg

Nope. Thats the convention of ringless former cowboys. Groups been growing by leaps and bounds since 1996.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tanking is the right way to build a stacked team and win the Super Bowl. The Browns have a ton of young studs and many of them are on rookie contracts. Having Mayfield, Ward, and Garrett on cost controlled rookie deals is unbelievable. Paying pennies for those high priced positions allowed them to spend big on OBJ, Landry, and Vernon. I think they will win 2 Super Bowls in the next 5 years if their key players avoid injuries. TRUST THE PROCESS
CLE is the most interesting team in football much the way LAL is the most interesting team in basketball.
CLE tanked for 8 years so hard to really champion that....

This off-season they appear loaded but I'm not sure I at all agree with these moves.
OBJ, Landry and Callaway is nasty.
As is the 3 deep at RB....
But how do you keep all those guys happy? You only have so many offensive snaps and those guys all want monster targets and touches.

The other thing is outside KC who else is winning off skill positions?

They gave up a really good interior OL for a badly underachieving and overpaid DE, lost their leading tackler and added a Diva WR who will do everything but live in Cleveland.

Any tanking and youth movement sort of gets derailed when you start trading off resources and spending crazy money for veterans.
When Baker hits his peak in a few years they will miss those high draft picks and the salary will almost certainly be eating dead cap on a guy like OBJ.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It might work out for them, but there's no guarantee. That's the risk with free agency. They're taking a shot, and deserve credit for trying, but there's no reason to crown them for it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

You forgot to add in they also signed Kareem Hunt last season and he is costing them less than 1m this year. he will probably be suspended the 1st 4 games this year but imagine if he works out for them too

condoin125

Reaction score
Cowboys have oline and back advantage. Cleveland has qb and wr advantage. It’s close, but I’d give the nod to clev.

Scheme and coaching has to go to clev.
Yeah, gonna disagree about the backs....Chubb and Hunt (week 7) are better than Zeke and Rod Smith.