The Case Against an Earl Thomas Trade

Verdict

Reaction score
Being consumed with the cap to the point you’re terrified to sign any talent isn’t a good thing.

There is a difference in being terrified and being smart. You have to know the difference.

You don't REALLY care about the cap, because you want ET to be a Cowboy so badly. Then if we pay him Dez money and he becomes a dumpster fire who is washed up you will be one of the first ones to wring your hands and ask why can't we have nice things!

Sydla

Reaction score

He is absolutely better than anyonr we have at S. It’s hard to take a post seriously that actually believes our safeties can be as good as he still is. Putting progress stopper in the same sentence as Earl Thomas is just wrong.

It’s also conjecture to assume we know what he wants and that’s why we haven’t traded for him. He’s not here because Seattle is holding out for high level picks...... which they won’t get.

He’s never been a problem in the locker room. He’s always been viewed as a good teammate. I don’t care that he’s holding out. Players have done it before and teammates don’t hold that against other players. So I have ZERO concerns about the type of player and teammate he’d be if he were traded here. He’d actually be a big asset.

This is a classic case of team colored glasses where people overrate what we have at a position and come up with bizarre rationales why adding a significantly better veteran is the wrong way to go.

Verdict

Reaction score
He is absolutely better than anyonr we have at S. It’s hard to take a post seriously that actually believes our safeties can be as good as he still is. Putting progress stopper in the same sentence as Earl Thomas is just wrong.

It’s also conjecture to assume we know what he wants and that’s why we haven’t traded for him. He’s not here because Seattle is holding out for high level picks...... which they won’t get.

He’s never been a problem in the locker room. He’s always been viewed as a good teammate. I don’t care that he’s holding out. Players have done it before and teammates don’t hold that against other players. So I have ZERO concerns about the type of player and teammate he’d be if he were traded here. He’d actually be a big asset.

This is a classic case of team colored glasses where people overrate what we have at a position and come up with bizarre rationales why adding a significantly better veteran is the wrong way to go.

Good think Johhny Walker Blue and Steven are running the team instead of you!

J12B

Reaction score
Being consumed with the cap to the point you’re terrified to sign any talent isn’t a good thing.

It's not being terrified. We just dished out a lot of money to solidfy our o-line for the future with extending Martin. We also, have the flexibility to sign D-Lawrence and extend Dak next year if they have strong outings for 2018. Signing Thomas for top dollar would hinder the front office from doing so. Much rather spend money on players just entering their prime rather than on those on the decline and could easily fizzle out in a year or two.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Safeties in NFL Top 100 rankings 2017

1. Eric Berry | Chiefs (No. 13 overall)
2. Landon Collins | Giants (No. 28 overall)
3. Earl Thomas | Seahawks (No. 30 overall)
4. Kam Chancellor | Seahawks (No. 34 overall)
5. Harrison Smith | Vikings (No. 74 overall)
6. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix | Packers (No. 77 overall)
7. Malcolm Jenkins | Eagles (No. 90 overall)

EARL THOMAS IS A BEAST.

Sydla

Reaction score
ET is just one of 53 guys. He hasn't cured cancer all by himself.

Using that logic, don’t pay Elliott or Awuzie or Lawrence. We probably shouldn’t have paid Martin either since he’s only one of 53.

Verdict

Reaction score
Using that logic, don’t pay Elliott or Awuzie or Lawrence. We probably shouldn’t have paid Martin either since he’s only one of 53.

They aren't 30 years old. If you have any more questions I'll be around to help you out.

It's just one of the many services I provide.

Verdict

Reaction score
Safeties in NFL Top 100 rankings 2017

1. Eric Berry | Chiefs (No. 13 overall)
2. Landon Collins | Giants (No. 28 overall)
3. Earl Thomas | Seahawks (No. 30 overall)
4. Kam Chancellor | Seahawks (No. 34 overall)
5. Harrison Smith | Vikings (No. 74 overall)
6. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix | Packers (No. 77 overall)
7. Malcolm Jenkins | Eagles (No. 90 overall)

EARL THOMAS IS A BEAST.

Well some ranking service definitely solves that puzzle. We should just go off of that to run the team. That and PFF rankings.

Sydla

Reaction score
They aren't 30 years old. If you have any more questions I'll be around to help you out.

It's just one of the many services I provide.

I love when a 29 year old turning 30 became the cut off for when a player immediately starts sucking.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some of us, yes. All of us, not remotely.

Certainly not listen to a guy that actually tried to argue Thomas could be a progress stopper in Dallas.

As if Dallas is loaded with young, elite level safety talent.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
#38 is gonna have a minimum of 6 interceptions in this 2018 fo-pa!,,,
Just WHERE are my forum Flute Tooters on this lil' fandango of gristle,,, eh?o_O

* put up, or pipe the **** DOWN:rolleyes:

:starspin::angry::starspin:

Verdict

Reaction score
Certainly not listen to a guy that actually tried to argue Thomas would be a progress stopper in Dallas.

Ha ha ha. Ok. He may be about done. Do you have a crystal ball?

Verdict

Reaction score
Jeff Heath is far underappreciated here. He has all the measuarables. You guys are going to wake up one day and say man he's awesome. Lol