1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

The Case for Michael Gallup Being Best WR in 2018 Class

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Eanwen, May 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM.

1. Eanwen

Eanwen Well-Known Member

877 Messages
    1,072 Likes Received
    Jake, Cover 2, Tangle_Foot and 3 others like this.
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,211 Messages
    23,922 Likes Received
    Great point. I liked Gallup in that draft but James Washington was the guy I really wanted. Boy was I wrong.

Jake, RJ_MacReady and 817Gill like this.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

47,826 Messages
    34,825 Likes Received
    Pretty nice draft for WRs. Not elite, but real solid.

All I recall was begging the Cowboys to please not burn a 1st rounder on a WR that year.
    SO many were going to available later and the value was just not there at pick 19...relatively speaking.

So far, I think the best have been Sutton, Moore, Ridley, Gallup, and Chark,.
    But Kirk, Washington, Pettis, Tre Smith, Valdez-Scantling, Tate, et al still have a shot to have ok careers.

Torture watching Derwin James fall all they to 17. Man, if we had that guy right now :omg:

Techsass and 817Gill like this.
  4. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

5,004 Messages
    5,006 Likes Received
    I really liked DJ Moore. Gallup should be watching a ton of Michael Thomas. MG is a possession type WR that makes a living in the intermediate game. I really like this dude and don't forget he missed a couple of games last year, and still put up good numbers.

Does Mr. Gallup get even better in his 3rd year cause the jump from Rookie to Year 2 was huge.

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  5. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    15,759 Likes Received
    I'm very happy with the value we received with the 81st. pick of the 3rd. Rd. I don't think Gallup has reached his ceiling yet and in year 3 we will see an even better receiver.

6. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice Zone Supporter

19,616 Messages
    20,173 Likes Received
    Id go Moore or Sutton. Those guys are #1 WR's on their team. Chark is too, but I want to see more consistency with him. Gallup and Chark are neck and neck for the 3rd best WR in that class.

kskboys likes this.
  7. darthseinfeld

19,616 Messages
    20,173 Likes Received
    Washington had a pretty sizable jump last year. 2020 could be a break out year for him. I think he will be the #2 in Pittsburgh

8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

33,523 Messages
    12,872 Likes Received
    It’s only been two seasons so the jury is still out on who will end up the best WR from the 2018 draft class. DJ Moore put up just under 1200 yards with 87 receptions last season for a Carolina team with a messed up QB situation. Those are some pretty impressive numbers playing most of the season with a rookie QB who’s no longer there. Gallup really didn’t start to takeoff until we added Amari who gets a lot of attention. Amari drawing coverage has really helped Gallup who didn’t play well once Amari went out of the lineup against the Jets. He’s benefited a lot from having a solid number one on the opposite side.

9. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

11,364 Messages
    18,231 Likes Received
    Gallup has had to deal with a lot of poorly thrown passes to him.

Jarv, InTheZone and lane like this.
  10. darthseinfeld

19,616 Messages
    20,173 Likes Received
    Thats why I have him behind both Sutton and Moore. Sutton had a very strong season playing with a terrible QB, and then a rookie QB. Moore right now is probably the better player

11. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

26,522 Messages
    17,183 Likes Received
    Chark is a complete stud. You give that guy a REAL QB in a real offense and he could have 1400 yards and 12 TD's no problem.

Hoofbite and darthseinfeld like this.
  12. darthseinfeld

19,616 Messages
    20,173 Likes Received
    I like Chark alot. I do think Minshew can improve, and they had good chemistry when Minshew was playing well

13. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

26,522 Messages
    17,183 Likes Received
    agreed

darthseinfeld likes this.
  14. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

16,899 Messages
    17,552 Likes Received
    I really liked Anthony Miller coming out that year.

rocyaice likes this.
  15. lane

lane The Chairman

12,974 Messages
    5,031 Likes Received
    :hammer:no telling what his stats would be...he's a very good receiver who is one of my favorite players on this team.

16. Undisputed

Undisputed Well-Known Member

2,194 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    Gallup is no joke, that's for sure. Could end up being our best WR. And he put up big college numbers, so it's not like he just came out of nowhere. He's any easy first round pick in a 2018 redraft.

2019, Receiving Yards per Game

1. Michael Thomas. 107.8
    2. Chris Godwin. 95.2
    3. Julio Jones. 92.9
    4. Mike Evans. 89
    5. Davonte Adams. 83.1
    6. Michael Gallup. 79.1
    7. DJ Moore. 78.3
    8. DeAndre Hopkins. 77.7
    9. Travis Kelce. 76.8
    10. Robert Woods. 75.6

GimmeTheBall! likes this.
  17. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

21,710 Messages
    12,916 Likes Received
    PFF doesn’t like Gallup for whatever reason.

18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

36,958 Messages
    6,703 Likes Received
    Bit of a stretch to say he's the best, but I certainly think he's probably the best value pick at this point.

Super early, but if he keeps pace relative to the rest then he'll certainly be the best value. Won't be the best, but will be the best value.

Techsass, Tangle_Foot and ghst187 like this.
  19. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    5,831 Likes Received
    yes def best value pick...and who care about “best”... look at that WR class...redonk...heckuva class

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  20. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    3,099 Likes Received
    I thought he was trade bait, now that CeeDee is on board? I'm confused.