The case for taking Ezekiel Elliot at # 4

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I disagree with Emmitt. We need an every down RB to replace Demarco Murray and keep Romo upright.

We have already seen that RBBC does not work very well in the Cowboys offensive scheme and leaves Romo vulnerable to injury.

IMO only. That is all.

Please not a RB at #4.. We should've just held on to Murray in hindsight.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This again...

michael-scott-no.gif

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
We are not selecting a running back at #4 overall. That pick gets $24M guaranteed, and we didn't even want to give Lamar Miller $24M over 4 years with half of it guaranteed.

Just not going to happen. Maybe in a trade down.

It's probably going to be a QB. But the brass just might pull the trigger on EE at four. We have a really good O-line. Why not make it great up front with an elite running back? All I'm saying is, just don't completely rule it out.

conner01

Reaction score
I could see a scenario where EE is the pick, but not at 4. If we pick at 4 it will be between Wentz, Goff or Ramsey I think. The real question is, do we pick at 4

fredp22

Reaction score
I disagree with Emmitt. We need an every down RB to replace Demarco Murray and keep Romo upright.

We have already seen that RBBC does not work very well in the Cowboys offensive scheme and leaves Romo vulnerable to injury.

IMO only. That is all.

i couldnt agree more. he could take care of the position for years to come and jell perfectly with our line over the next 3-4 years.
We built a line with our last 4 years picks for Jerrys run first team and all they need now is the RB to block for. Hes the best rb in the draft.
lets do it

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The line makes old man Darren McFadden the sixth leading rusher in the league in only ten starts, and people to spend the 4th pick on a running back.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Before the signing of Morris, I wouldn't hate hated this pick...

Now, I think it would be the worst option at #4.

Tunsil, Jack, Bosa or Ramsey...any of those 4 will do.

If we're planning on trading back, then trade back and pick up someone like Lynch and obtain another second round pick or perhaps a 1st next year.

fredp22

Reaction score
The line makes old man Darren McFadden the sixth leading rusher in the league in only ten starts, and people to spend the 4th pick on a running back.

i want some continuity. what will u get from McFadden- 1 maybe 2 more years of an aging rb. Zeke will be fresh and under contract for 5 years.