The Cowboys are a better version of the Eli Manning Super Bowl Giants

lk8701

Reaction score
Giants had a mediocre regular season record but won the Super Bowl twice. Their D-line was the key to their success. The Giants had a 3rd down package that featured Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and Justin Tuck. The Cowboys will have Gregory, Parsons, D Law, and Osa as their pass rushing package. The main difference is that the Cowboys are much more talented on offense (although they haven't been playing like it lately). I'm not saying the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl but all they need to do is get in the playoffs and win 4 games.

Nav22

Reaction score
If we can stay healthy, we have as good a shot as anybody.

We’ve been extremely fortunate with injuries this season. In terms of key contributors, only Brent Urban and Jabril Cox are out for the year.

If we can keep everyone else healthy in December and into the playoffs...... look out.

Nav22

Reaction score
Not even close. First we have to win a super bowl to even make that claim. The Giants defense was tremendous and the DL was loaded with future HOF players.
So if someone told you before the 2007 postseason that the Giants pass rush could lead them to a Super Bowl win, you’d have told them they can’t say that until they win a Super Bowl?

And how were they “loaded with Hall of Famers“? Who else is getting into Canton besides Michael Strahan?
:huh:

Besides, I’ll take 2021 Micah Parsons over 2007 Michael Strahan every single day of the week.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No. That pass rush was ferocious.

You don’t think Parsons, Lawrence, Gregory and Osa would be ferocious?

I think from pass rush point its comparable - Osi U, Tuck and Strahan , but that DL was good against Run too ,

Also lets see how the three mesh and Quinn uses them , if they can win out the rest of the games and enter playoffs with swag , then we can talk about this.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We haven't really seen a package of Gregory, Parsons, D Law, and Osa yet though. I think they all played with each other only in week 1 and Micah was used as an off ball LB that game.
right maybe by the payoffs we can be like those fronts..front 7 could be pretty great here in few weeks.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
We haven't really seen a package of Gregory, Parsons, D Law, and Osa yet though. I think they all played with each other only in week 1 and Micah was used as an off ball LB that game.

Right. We have not seen it. To compare something we haven't seen to one of the best pass rushes in recent history is a reach.

JayFord

Reaction score
Neither one of those Giants teams were even good

how they won 2 superbowls is beyond me like i dont believe in luck but if i did thats a prime example, they were honestly no better than a 5-11 team

lk8701

Reaction score
right maybe by the payoffs we can be like those fronts..front 7 could be pretty great here in few weeks.

I actually hope that they don't use it that often until the playoffs. Don't put it on film !