The Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You mean a "dissenting opinion" like someone "complaining" about something that you might think is "fine"?

No, descending meaning no whine and complaining about the Cowboys would be censorship. AS I've repeatedly said that anyone can say what they want. When they say they are being honest I wish they were being completely honest and just admit they are fair weather fans and only support the Cowboys when they are winning.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Does it say you can't complain about the team in Websters?

Here's how I view it. The one's doing the constant complaining are the ones who seem to want the team to improve. The one's who complain about the complainers want them to be satisfied with mediocre results. From the looks of it, the complainers care more about the team than the positive parrots.

You are entitled to that idea, but it's not necessarily right. Those of us that don't constantly whine and complain about the Cowboys can very hope and wish they win every year. Just like it can be looked at that those that do nothing but whine and complain are just fair weather fans that only support the Cowboys when they win. Fair weather fans are a dime for 10K of them. It's much harder to be supportive ALL the time than just when they are winning. Like the old saying goes, it's harder to do the right thing than the easy thing.

Fwed

Reaction score
Maybe your experience in sports message boards is only limited to this place because if you go around, you'll find fans complaining or criticizing their teams everywhere, even on teams that win a ton. The bad news for us is we don't win a ton, so naturally the criticisms are going to be higher than say on an Eagles message board or Alabama football board or Duke basketball board.
LOL, Philly fans complaining? Nah, never happens.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Instead of Super Bowls how about since the year 2000 the number of division titles playoff wins and championship games one or at least got to that would show who has dominated and how well Dallas is done since the year 2000

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, descending meaning no whine and complaining about the Cowboys would be censorship. AS I've repeatedly said that anyone can say what they want. When they say they are being honest I wish they were being completely honest and just admit they are fair weather fans and only support the Cowboys when they are winning.

With you being "the judge" of course.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
You are entitled to that idea, but it's not necessarily right. Those of us that don't constantly whine and complain about the Cowboys can very hope and wish they win every year. Just like it can be looked at that those that do nothing but whine and complain are just fair weather fans that only support the Cowboys when they win. Fair weather fans are a dime for 10K of them. It's much harder to be supportive ALL the time than just when they are winning. Like the old saying goes, it's harder to do the right thing than the easy thing.

Actually, it's not really that hard to stay positive and support the team. You just need to believe 2 things: 1) they are doing their best to try to win, and making a good faith effort, and 2) you aren't "owed" a championship.

Believe those two things, and you can forget the past, and keep enjoying the team as they try to figure out a way to win. And if and when the coaching or players change, you can continue to support the new coaches and players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nicely put. The problem with starting another thread that lays out my feelings will just bring the same users that do nothing but whine and complain. They are here on all threads so it won't make any difference. I realize that some just whine and complain and probably do that with most things in life, that just who they are.
Have you ever been to a game ? There’s all types of fans . The ones who stand and cheer the entire time can be just as annoying as the ones who boo.

Not everyone expresses themselves in the same manner. There have been times Id rather sit next to an opposing fan than one of our own.

It is what it is. But as long as they follow the rules they are entitled to express their fandom however they choose.

I’d suggest trying to distance yourself from the more negative threads and posters unless you are embracing the confrontation. Don’t these engagements appear to always be endless and unresolving?

Find more threads and members who share your more positive outlook and if you must interject in these then speak your peace and move on or it hijacks a thread. Unless that’s your intention?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The guy mainly responsible for getting those 3 championships is long gone
I guess you have not heard that Jerry was there for those 3 Super Bowls and was just as responsible for them as Jimmy.

And if you haven't heard that...have you at least been watching the last 23 years? Hasn't that given you confidence that Jerry was just as responsible for those first 3 SBs as Jimmy?!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Does it say you can't complain about the team in Websters?

Here's how I view it. The one's doing the constant complaining are the ones who seem to want the team to improve. The one's who complain about the complainers want them to be satisfied with mediocre results. From the looks of it, the complainers care more about the team than the positive parrots.

Actually it's says a fan supports a person, place or thing. Now don't think the definition of support includes whining and complaining either.
With you being "the judge" of course.

No.... Now you're just trying to be confrontational.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Actually it's says a fan supports a person, place or thing. Now don't think the definition of support includes whining and complaining either.

They do support their team. They're here following them, right? They watch the games and root for them, right? Well, most of them. You get an occasional fan who wishes the team would suck and lose, but even they have an end goal of the team improving in mind.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Have you ever been to a game ? There’s all types of fans . The ones who stand and cheer the entire time can be just as annoying as the ones who boo.

Not everyone expresses themselves in the same manner. There have been times Id rather sit next to an opposing fan than one of our own.

It is what it is. But as long as they follow the rules they are entitled to express their fandom however they choose.

I’d suggest trying to distance yourself from the more negative threads and posters unless you are embracing the confrontation. Don’t these engagements appear to always be endless and unresolving?

Find more threads and members who share your more positive outlook and if you must interject in these then speak your peace and move on or it hijacks a thread. Unless that’s your intention?

To answer your 1st question I've been to probably 500 sporting events from NFL, college, NBA and MLB. The only other thing I have with your comment is what you're saying is those that do nothing but whine and complain should be able to do that without being called out on it and if those that don't like it should just allow them to do that and find a different thread to comment on. In other words it's OK to whine and complain all of the time but not OK to call them out on it. The way I see it is those that do nothing but whine and complain that hijack those threads with their whining and complaining. It just sounds like you make tolerances for the whiner and complainers but not for those who don't like seeing it all the time.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

So believing in different ways the team can be improved are not supportive? Does it matter if some believe we need say a different owner, GM, HC, OC, or DC? Or maybe even all of the above? If that is what a fan believes is needed for the team to improve they are not supporting the team because some view it as whining and complaining. Good to know.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
They do support their team. They're here following them, right? They watch the games and root for them, right? Well, most of them. You get an occasional fan who wishes the team would suck and lose, but even they have an end goal of the team improving in mind.

How do you derive from the users that do nothing but whine and complain that they support their team? Based on the fact they do nothing but whine and complain suggests to me that they don't, that unless everything is perfect they are happier to just whine and complain.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

But you are the one reading tone on written word on a message board. You view non-positive posts as whining and the poster being a fair weather fan. They could be the biggest fanatic in real life, but can admit the team has issues on a message board. I guess that helps you cope because, really it's your issue you need to deal with. It used to get to me to a few years ago until I realized all I was trying to do is get the negative nellies to shut up and accept 8-8 results. I would find every excuse in the book for why their "complaint" couldn't guarantee a different outcome. You guys don't even do that anymore. You don't even try to make an argument for why the team doing what they are doing is better than the complaint. You just want people to simply shut up.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Me too! The ONLY time I've ever actually shed a tear when a musician died is when Phife passed. I know he was battling that diabetes. When i went to NY last year, i went to Queens to get a pic of Linden and 192nd, which they renamed Maliek "Phife Dawg" Collins Way. Luckily, I got to see him here in Dallas solo about 6 years ago. Have you heard their latest one before he passed?
"Man, I tell you thats vision
Like Tony Romo when he's hittin' witten
The tribe be the best in their division"
~Phife Dawg
I seen him in 94@ the height of their success & he was getting off the tour bus to talk to us& Q-tip was disgruntled& he ragged on tip about him being anti-social;'-) ole phife-dawg r.i.p

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
How do you derive from the users that do nothing but whine and complain that they support their team? Based on the fact they do nothing but whine and complain suggests to me that they don't, that unless everything is perfect they are happier to just whine and complain.

I look at what their intent is. You see whining and complaining and I see someone who wants the team to correct issues they believe are prohibiting the team from being successful, whether I agree with it or not. And if I don't agree, I would argue their point. You would argue with the poster.

For example, some people complain about TWill. I like TWill. If they don't like TWill because he is a body catcher, I will make an argument that body catching doesn't matter. He could catch with his feet for all I care. Ultimately, they feel like the team would be better served if we had a better #2 receiver and I would feel TWill is just fine. You would just complain that they are complaining.