The Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It’s not going to be as favorable . But this thread intention is to spin a more positive vibe.

I guess if you hadn’t lived thru each season these last couple decades and just woke up from a coma you’d think Jerry has had a consistent wonderful run in his era looking at this compilation. Lol
I'm not sure there is a positive vibe to spin when the team hasn't had significant post-season success in more than two decades.

I mean I'm going to be 33 this year, and I honestly can barely remember when when my team had meaningful success - and that's extremely sad.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl, Mr. Holland’s Opus was #1 at the box office.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a positive vibe to spin when the team hasn't had significant post-season success in more than two decades.

I mean I'm going to be 33 this year, and I honestly can barely remember when when my team had meaningful success - and that's extremely sad.
Some fans need a positive vibe to entrench themselves emotionally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What an odd stat, they are tied for the second most super bowls EVER, why just say 29 years? What a random cutoff
He’s using the current 29 years because it represents the entire Jerry era.

So many fans focus on the last couple decades which presents a more negative vibe.

I think there’s always room for a more positive presentation regardless if it doesn’t represent our individual sentiments.

This representation of the last 29 years for Jerry era spins the facts to support his narrative . Well done !!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Off season, training camp and preseason is always a time for renewed optimism . Like the OP suggested each season is one in itself.

Every team and fans retain some hope heading into each season despite their history and current trends. Reality doesn’t begin until after Labor Day.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In my first 26 years of life the Cowboys played in 8 SBs and won 5. They also had a streak of 20 straight winning seasons. The last 22 years of my life I've seen 2 playoff wins.
Yep. A tough era for Cowboy fans.

We’re not the championship caliber franchise most of us grew up with.

We’ve been reduced to a more mediocre franchise because of the way Jerry runs football operations. It is what it is.

Which there are other franchises which operate in a more normal method with less or similar success . It could always be worse.

Fans of this generation are beginning to understand what it must have felt like for Saint fans to wait 43 years or Steelers and Patriots fans to wait almost 4 decades.

Some fans need success to engulf themselves in their fandom . Then there are those in Cleveland or Detroit who have never sniffed a Super Bowl. That’s where the true diehard fans reside.

Anyone can root and follow a winner but it builds great character rooting on a loser. This generation of fans will appreciate a championship hopefully someday much more than the previous 2 generations.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
...that the Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons?

5-4 New England Patriots

3-2 Denver Broncos
3-1 New York Giants
3-0 Dallas Cowboys

2-2 Pittsburgh Steelers
2-1 Green Bay Packers
2-1 San Francisco 49ers
2-0 Baltimore Ravens

1-2 Seattle Seahawks
1-1 Indianapolis Colts
1-1 Philadelphia Eagles
1-1 St. Louis Rams
1-0 New Orleans Saints
1-0 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1-0 Washington Commanders

0-4 Buffalo Bills
0-2 Atlanta Falcons
0-2 Carolina Panthers
0-1 Arizona Cardinals
0-1 Chicago Bears
0-1 Oakland Raiders
0-1 San Diego Chargers
0-1 Tennessee Titans

0-0 Cincinnati Bengals
0-0 Cleveland Browns
0-0 Detroit Lions
0-0 Houston Texans
0-0 Jacksonville Jaguars
0-0 Kansas City Chiefs
0-0 Miami Dolphins
0-0 Minnesota Vikings
0-0 New York Jets

I'm not saying the last 22 years have been great. I'm just saying that it could be worse...
I agree i realize theres a drought but in the grand scheme of things its not like we are like anywhere close to those bottom 17 teams and even reg season W-L records are good ..weve had some bad luck in playoffs, its no excuse but the crazy plays that happen to us or that one player choking on a play or two or a bad call etc penaltys not called..its just odd the way the playoff games turn out..Some of these SZ fans seem to sight the drought over and over and act as if we are the Browns or something..I realize the frustration of early outs in the playoffs but also realize it could be much much worse.. some of those teams have packed up and left and have become other teams as well, moved citys, changed fan base..for sure it could be worse..i believe the last 5 yrs is a better indicator and we are doing better int he Draft and trying to better ,make use of the Cap..lets look at the now and the future instead of looking back and complaining about things that Happened 10+ years ago when there were different coaches and players..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yep. A tough era for Cowboy fans.

We’re not the championship caliber franchise most of us grew up with.

We’ve been reduced to a more mediocre franchise because of the way Jerry runs football operations. It is what it is.

Which there are other franchises which operate in a more normal method with less or similar success . It could always be worse.

Fans of this generation are beginning to understand what it must have felt like for Saint fans to wait 43 years or Steelers and Patriots fans to wait almost 4 decades.

Some fans need success to engulf themselves in their fandom . Then there are those in Cleveland or Detroit who have never sniffed a Super Bowl. That’s where the true diehard fans reside.

Anyone can root and follow a winner but it builds great character rooting on a loser.
We haven’t had success yet we are still here rooting for our team. Just because everyone doesn’t sugar coat the decisions being made and the results on the field when discussing the Cowboys doesn’t mean they aren’t engulfed in fandom. You can still be a diehard fan and admit the results suck at the same time .

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell me some of you are related to the Jones family or at least on the payroll?
Because otherwise I'm sure you would have been screaming "we got this" at the Alamo.

Anybody justifying 23 years without a Bowl had to have been in diapers or not even hatched yet when this franchise stood for excellence.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because they are at least discussing the team, which is what the site is for. If everything were peaches and cream the team would be factors in the post season on a consistent basis. They aren’t so obviously there are issues preventing that from occurring.

You, on the other hand, are here to just complain about posters regarding their opinions and you openly admit you're here to annoy posters. That makes you a troll, Doug.
I disagree that constant complaining is discussing the team. It's just constant complaining.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Personally I would rather not go than to go and lose. The further the Cowboys go in the playoffs the more painful the loss. I started following the team when they won Super Bowl IV. I’ve experienced two of their Super Bowl losses and the only loss they ever had that came close to stinging as much as those two losses was 1981 NFC title loss to SF. The Super Bowl is so hyped up and losing that game is a real killer because it goes into a time capsule and is never forgotten.

Through the years and decades it comes back to haunt you if you lose. I can get over other losses but not a Super Bowl loss they stay with me. I know many feel differently and would rather reach the Super Bowl even if it means losing than to not go at all. The pain of losing a Super Bowl is just too agonizing for me. I can get over playoff losses but not Super Bowl losses. You’re only 35 you’ve never experienced a Cowboys Super Bowl loss.

No, but I have lived to experience an Eagles Super Bowl Win. ;)

Are you saying you’d seriously prefer the Dallas Cowboy’s 2000’s decade over the Eagle one where they went to 5 nfccgs and a SB? The Cowboys had the preferable decade to you?

Believe me, no one knows defeat more than my fanbase. At least moderate success keeps the wolves at bay, shows hope, and reminds you you’re not a browns fan. What have the cowboys done to remind you you’re not a browns fan? Even an NFCCG every once in a while is healthy. It eliminates threads like these at least.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There's a lot you don't understand.

Having an opinion - even a negative or "complaining" one isn't against the rules. If it was, that's censorship. And if posts had to be censored so they were all positive and sunshine, none of us would be here.

You, yourself even "complain" and make critical posts, but you misguidedly think that your level of criticism is the "right" amount and everyone else takes it too far. And that's not the case.

And your claims to be doing any sort of a "service" by fighting with everyone couldn't be further from the truth. If anything, you're doing a disservice to this board and doing nothing more than fostering ill will.

That's the furthest thing from any "glass half full" attitude that you like to claim to have.

This is some free advice from someone who's been around here a while, do with it what you will.
Constant whining like you do does no one any good. Except for other constant whiners. You can try to bring me down to build yourself up but it won't work. I know my way is the better way to be.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you are fan of the Cowboys and you are 30 or younger, you have nothing to celebrate.

Aw poor baby. You need to learn that life isn't always a bowl of cherries. It's more like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to get.