The Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Name a coach that has been a head coach for more than a season who was also a 1st time head coach that hasn't made some mistakes managing the clock. Even head coaches with years of experience have made mistakes managing the clock. So to hang your whine about that is pretty foolish.
In all fairness there's making mistakes and failing to learn from said mistakes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually gave him a like the other day and pointed out the reasons. 1 he wasn't whining about whining. 2 I actually agreed with him. So he has it in him somewhere.

Oh I've seen it. And I've tried to encourage it as well. To no avail. I'm done with the coddling at this point. I gave him enough benefit of the doubt enough times and I'm done.

This is who he truly is, unfortunately. Not someone like the rest of us who wants to talk about the Cowboys - good, bad, and ugly - but someone who wants to control the narrative and the conversation. Someone who can't stand it when someone dares to think differently than they do.

A small-minded person more interested in arguing and fighting than talking.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Name a coach that has been a head coach for more than a season who was also a 1st time head coach that hasn't made some mistakes managing the clock. Even head coaches with years of experience have made mistakes managing the clock. So to hang your whine about that is pretty foolish.
The problem is he keeps making the mistakes. And “whiners” like me want him to correct it. Based on your response, you don’t want improvement, you want to chalk it up to “well, all coaches make mistakes” just so you don’t appear to be “whining”.

Sydla

Reaction score
The problem is he keeps making the mistakes. And “whiners” like me want him to correct it. Based on your response, you don’t want improvement, you want to chalk it up to “well, all coaches make mistakes” just so you don’t appear to be “whining”.

It is interesting to me as to where the breaking point is for some of these guys with regards to Garrett. At what point will they admit to themselves that a coaching change is needed?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It actually makes sense. One group is complaining about the team, which in reality, is part of the point of a sports message board. Discuss, champion, criticize, complain, congratulate, the team all fits within the scope of a team message board.

The other group is just whining about the fact people are complaining or criticizing the team. That literally adds nothing to a sports message board.

So it's strange that you seemingly can't see the difference.

I may disagree with some points of view and that's the whole thing of having boards like this but were not talking about users that post some positive things and then have some complaint down the road, we're talking about the posters that do NOTHING BUT complain and whine about the Cowboys. There is nothing positive or helpful about constant whining about the Cowboys. There are users here that no matter what the thread is about take every opportunity to just whine or complain about Garret or Jones even when the thread wasn't started about either. it's those users who do nothing but whine is who we are talking about. Now I think it's strange that you can't see the difference in that.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me be the first to nominate this post as the homer Stretch post of the month! Congratulations! :bow:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

No, I would love for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl EVERY year but to whine about the same mistakes that even seasoned veteran coaches have made and act like Garrett is the only coach to have done it is stupid at best. And just how is whining about those mistakes going to actually improve the Cowboys?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may disagree with some points of view and that's the whole thing of having boards like this but were not talking about users that post some positive things and then have some complaint down the road, we're talking about the posters that do NOTHING BUT complain and whine about the Cowboys. There is nothing positive or helpful about constant whining about the Cowboys. There are users here that no matter what the thread is about take every opportunity to just whine or complain about Garret or Jones even when the thread wasn't started about either. it's those users who do nothing but whine is who we are talking about. Now I think it's strange that you can't see the difference in that.

So that post history you claim to be making note of, but a guy whose post history contains little of anything other than attacking fellow forum members is someone you'll try to defend?

Do you see the irony here?

Sydla

Reaction score

But it's still in the context of discussing the team. So they have a negative outlook on the team. Frankly after 20 years of utter futility, who can blame them? Can it be over the top at times? Sure. But nevertheless it's still sports discussions.

Signing into various threads to name call or chastise posters for not being more positive is completely different.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I would love for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl EVERY year but to whine about the same mistakes that even seasoned veteran coaches have made and act like Garrett is the only coach to have done it is stupid at best. And just how is whining about those mistakes going to actually improve the Cowboys?

The same way all of the positive, "atta boy!", "everything is just ducky!" posts will.

Exactly the same amount.

Sydla

Reaction score

How is constantly making excuses for Garrett going to actually improve the Cowboys?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it's still in the context of discussing the team. So they have a negative outlook on the team. Frankly after 20 years of utter futility, who can blame them? Can it be over the top at times? Sure. But nevertheless it's still sports discussions.

Signing into various threads to name call or chastise posters for not being more positive is completely different.

I'm shocked that this point is so hard for people to understand.

Sydla

Reaction score
And just which of these "mistakes" have been repeated over and over?

Well, for a few years this offense has been criticized by outsiders and even has been hinted at by their own players that it's predictable. Teams have claimed they can largely predict our plays based on formation, down and distance, personnel, etc. One of the biggest plays in recent memory was the Hyde interception in the last playoff game. Cowboys got down big, came back and had momentum. Prescott had them in GB territory and they called a quick screen that got picked off by Hyde.

After the game, Hyde said he had a really good idea the play was coming because it was the exact same play, formation, even motion as a play the Cowboys ran weeks earlier in GB.

So the fact we have largely been criticized as predictable is a mistake that seemingly has continued.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Why does it have to be considered whining? If there were a bunch of positives to be said about the team, they would have had more success. Maybe the tone is negative because the team hasn’t done anything to inspire confidence. Do you want a circle jerk where we talk about how great the team is and how we are going to win the SB this year or do you want honest talk about the team?

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Smh...this post is monumental..it's a microcosm of our annoying,atrocious, disgraceful fan base. Why is the line of demarcation@29. Cause of an agenda that's why. Oh u give Jerry credit for those 90ships. Posts like this is why u would see post like& or are inspired by the " Don't u owe the front office an apology" posts. U Kno the " Let's give the front office some credit" & "Don't look now but we're having the best off-season posts." Funny it is&i bet i can assume a lot of generalities about these form of men or fans I reckon & I'll be dead right. But look I won't go that far but I will say im hipp to u about trolling & the purpose of this here thread."It's get the people going", it's about replies. It's not necessarily about the subject matter its about essentially what are fan base is about... archaic & outdated banter & fodder like did u Kno we have won 3Superbowls in the last 29years:;'-)) yeah,yeah it's true..it's true.." it gets the people going " I'm hipp ;'-)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And just which of these "mistakes" have been repeated over and over?
How many times do you want to see the Cowboys get near the goal line and pass, pass, pass, before you get tired of them not using Zeke after investing so much to build a dominant running team?

Is that a strategy you endorse?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
How is constantly making excuses for Garrett going to actually improve the Cowboys?

How is constantly complaining about Garrett going to improve the team? The knife cuts both ways.

I wrote a long post about a month ago outlining the idea that the inability to make adjustments is crippling the team. Because I didn't outright call for firing everyone, I was accused of being a fanboy for Garrett WHEN THE MAIN POINT OF MY POST WAS CRITICISM of the coaching staff.

It is one thing to call for improvement. It is another to constantly call for Garrett, or Linehan or Marinelli to be fired, and for Jerry Jones to die, or for the NFL to force the Jones family to sell the team.