The Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So that post history you claim to be making note of, but a guy whose post history contains little of anything other than attacking fellow forum members is someone you'll try to defend?

Do you see the irony here?

Again you think that a user complains about users that do nothing but complain about the Cowboys is the problem and fail to see that those that do nothing but complain about the Cowboys is not a problem. A board set up for Cowboys fans and you're defending users that do nothing but complain about the team they claim to be a fan of. Just how are those users that just complain about the Cowboys making the Cowboys better?

Sydla

Reaction score
Again you think that a user complains about users that do nothing but complain about the Cowboys is the problem and fail to see that those that do nothing but complain about the Cowboys is not a problem. A board set up for Cowboys fans and you're defending users that do nothing but complain about the team they claim to be a fan of. Just how are those users that just complain about the Cowboys making the Cowboys better?

Maybe your experience in sports message boards is only limited to this place because if you go around, you'll find fans complaining or criticizing their teams everywhere, even on teams that win a ton. The bad news for us is we don't win a ton, so naturally the criticisms are going to be higher than say on an Eagles message board or Alabama football board or Duke basketball board.

Sydla

Reaction score
How is constantly complaining about Garrett going to improve the team? The knife cuts both ways.

I wrote a long post about a month ago outlining the idea that the inability to make adjustments is crippling the team. Because I didn't outright call for firing everyone, I was accused of being a fanboy for Garrett WHEN THE MAIN POINT OF MY POST WAS CRITICISM of the coaching staff.

It is one thing to call for improvement. It is another to constantly call for Garrett, or Linehan or Marinelli to be fired, and for Jerry Jones to die, or for the NFL to force the Jones family to sell the team.

Ummmm........... that was my point. I was responding to the guy who asked how complaining it going to improve the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again you think that a user complains about users that do nothing but complain about the Cowboys is the problem and fail to see that those that do nothing but complain about the Cowboys is not a problem.

Censorship is a problem, a bigger one than any grumbling or complaints that a fan can have. And that's what you and the clown you're defending are trying to do, to censor opinions or complaints that differ from your own. And it's wrong.

A board set up for Cowboys fans and you're defending users that do nothing but complain about the team they claim to be a fan of.

I'm "defending" a person's right to express their opinion - about the Cowboys. Not complaining because someone doesn't have the proper amount of outrage that they do.

Just how are those users that just complain about the Cowboys making the Cowboys better?

The very same way that those who would call everything great "making the Cowboys better".

Not one bit.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Why does it have to be considered whining? If there were a bunch of positives to be said about the team, they would have had more success. Maybe the tone is negative because the team hasn’t done anything to inspire confidence. Do you want a circle jerk where we talk about how great the team is and how we are going to win the SB this year or do you want honest talk about the team?

I see it's being honest, not necessarily be a fan, to complain about the Cowboys. It's funny that if you look up fan in Webster at no place does it say a fan constantly complains. Those that are doing the constant complaining want the definition changed to include complaining but just like I would like the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl every year just wanting the definition of a fan changed doesn't make it change.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is why people don't like Cowboys fans...
Jumbos presentation is one befitting a discussion with opposing fans when defending the Star but doesn’t sit well with fellow Cowboy fans more familiar with our history and current situation.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
A slept on album...although I probably feel that way because I am an unapologetic ATCQ disciple!
Me too! The ONLY time I've ever actually shed a tear when a musician died is when Phife passed. I know he was battling that diabetes. When i went to NY last year, i went to Queens to get a pic of Linden and 192nd, which they renamed Maliek "Phife Dawg" Collins Way. Luckily, I got to see him here in Dallas solo about 6 years ago. Have you heard their latest one before he passed?
"Man, I tell you thats vision
Like Tony Romo when he's hittin' witten
The tribe be the best in their division"
~Phife Dawg

Wizarus

Reaction score
The only thing I care about is this year. Are the leaders of the team making a good faith effort to do the best job they can to try to win this year. Each year is a new year. 22 years don't matter. Only this year matters. I reset every season.

But for those that don't, 18 teams have been waiting longer to win a Super Bowl than the Cowboys. Are their fans stupid for having hope for 2018?
Please stop comparing us to teams like the freaking Browns. And forget the superbowl, when was the last time Dallas played an NFC Championship game?We used to expect better.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Censorship is a problem, a bigger one than any grumbling or complaints that a fan can have. And that's what you and the clown you're defending are trying to do, to censor opinions or complaints that differ from your own. And it's wrong.

Nobody is calling for censorship. Just those that do nothing but complain should call themselves future fans if they do what I'm complaining about but right now I'm not a fan. Te first thing I think of when I see users do thing but whine and complain about the cowboys is they're nothing but fair weather fans. They support the Cowboys when they're winning but when they're not then the Cowboys just are good enough to support. When you love something you take the bad along with the good. If it gets to hard to do that then you're really not a fan and you'll be much happier if you admit it to yourself.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody is calling for censorship. Just those that do nothing but complain should call themselves future fans if they do what I'm complaining about but right now I'm not a fan.

Shouting down anyone who doesn't think the way that you think they should is exactly censorship. Any attempt to control the narrative qualifies. And that's exactly what you're advocating with this talk.

Te first thing I think of when I see users do thing but whine and complain about the cowboys is they're nothing but fair weather fans. They support the Cowboys when they're winning but when they're not then the Cowboys just are good enough to support. When you love something you take the bad along with the good. If it gets to hard to do that then you're really not a fan and you'll be much happier if you admit it to yourself.

I'll enlighten you on something. They're here. If they were these "fair weather fans" they wouldn't be. Your claim and your theory are shot. Because they're here.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
It's been so long since this team was last in the Superbowl, that when I watch SB 27, 28 and 30, the picture is grainy from the film being so old. In fact, they're so old that I swear I could see that little hair in the corner of the screen like you saw when you watched those 8mm home movies.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Maybe your experience in sports message boards is only limited to this place because if you go around, you'll find fans complaining or criticizing their teams everywhere, even on teams that win a ton. The bad news for us is we don't win a ton, so naturally the criticisms are going to be higher than say on an Eagles message board or Alabama football board or Duke basketball board.

I've said this before. I have to listen to the pecker fans here every day since moving here and I hear about their 29 years of frustration but during that time the waiting list for tickets quadrupled during those lean years. So don't say there aren't fans that support their team in lean years. Yes every team has their complainers and I'll bet they also have fans that get sick and tired of the same users doing nothing but wine and complain. My guess is they whine and complain about a lot of things and that's just who they are, whiners and complainers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see it's being honest, not necessarily be a fan, to complain about the Cowboys. It's funny that if you look up fan in Webster at no place does it say a fan constantly complains. Those that are doing the constant complaining want the definition changed to include complaining but just like I would like the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl every year just wanting the definition of a fan changed doesn't make it change.
A fan forum is different things to different people.

There are several different forums and numerous threads to participate in depending on your priorities and objectives.

Your not obligated to confront these opposing thoughts and personalities which differ from yours. Continually objective to negative threads is absurd as those who object more positive threads . It begins to reflect a trollish mentality .

Start your own thread representing your point of view and perception of reality like Jumbo has here in a very professional manner spinning the facts to support his narrative . This is what a fan forum is all about . Expressing your own opinions and thoughts. Not everyone agreeing.

Personally even if I don’t agree I admire and enjoy seeing a different perspective . I think an all positive or negative mentality here would become pretty boring.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Shouting down anyone who doesn't think the way that you think they should is exactly censorship. Any attempt to control the narrative qualifies. And that's exactly what you're advocating with this talk.

I'll enlighten you on something. They're here. If they were these "fair weather fans" they wouldn't be. Your claim and your theory are shot. Because they're here.

No, saying that no descending opinions allow is censorship. Anyone can say what they want I just wish they were as truthful as they think they're being and admit they're really not real fans, they're only fair weather fans.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, but I have lived to experience an Eagles Super Bowl Win. ;)

Are you saying you’d seriously prefer the Dallas Cowboy’s 2000’s decade over the Eagle one where they went to 5 nfccgs and a SB? The Cowboys had the preferable decade to you?

Believe me, no one knows defeat more than my fanbase. At least moderate success keeps the wolves at bay, shows hope, and reminds you you’re not a browns fan. What have the cowboys done to remind you you’re not a browns fan? Even an NFCCG every once in a while is healthy. It eliminates threads like these at least.

I wouldn’t take what happened to the Cowboys in the early 2000’s with three straight 5-11 seasons over the success Philly had during that time but their frustration of not being able to close the deal may have been equal to our frustration if not more. To get so close and have the door slam in your face 4 straight years has to be pretty agonizing even though they reached the Super Bow one of those years. They lost a couple of Super Bowl’s in the 80s so it had to be getting old for them. Watching the Cowboys go through what they did in the early 2000’s was disappointing but not unexpected due to their QB situation.

I went through a similar situation in the late 80s with the team watching them decline with a bad QB situation. The success the Cowboys had in the 70s and early 90s with five championships keeps most fans going who experienced it. It still keeps me going. The Cowboys winning five Super Bowl’s reminds me that I’m not a Browns fan. The team having two QBs in the Hall of Fame also reminds me that I’m not a Browns fan. No matter how bad it gets for the Cowboys we’ll never know what it feels like to be a Browns fan.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, saying that no descending opinions allow is censorship.

You mean a "dissenting opinion" like someone "complaining" about something that you might think is "fine"?

Is anyone else seeing this?

Anyone can say what they want I just wish they were as truthful as they think they're being and admit they're really not real fans, they're only fair weather fans.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's the way you "think" it should be, or it's "wrong".

:facepalm:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Does it say you can't complain about the team in Websters?

Here's how I view it. The one's doing the constant complaining are the ones who seem to want the team to improve. The one's who complain about the complainers want them to be satisfied with mediocre results. From the looks of it, the complainers care more about the team than the positive parrots.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
A fan forum is different things to different people.

There are several different forums and numerous threads to participate in depending on your priorities and objectives.

Your not obligated to confront these opposing thoughts and personalities which differ from yours. Continually objective to negative threads is absurd as those who object more positive threads . It begins to reflect a trollish mentality .

Start your own thread representing your point of view and perception of reality like Jumbo has here in a very professional manner spinning the facts to support his narrative . This is what a fan forum is all about . Not everyone agreeing.

Personally even if I don’t agree I admire and enjoy seeing a different perspective . I think all positive or negative mentality here would become pretty boring.

Nicely put. The problem with starting another thread that lays out my feelings will just bring the same users that do nothing but whine and complain. They are here on all threads so it won't make any difference. I realize that some just whine and complain and probably do that with most things in life, that just who they are.

Fwed

Reaction score
We continue to sink to new levels trying to somehow make the fact we haven't been in a Super Bowl since 1995 seem reasonable.

We aren't other teams. We are the Dallas Cowboys. Using stats from 20 years ago is as ridiculous as the Eagles claiming their World Championships in the 40's as being relevant today.
lol, they are relevant. Yankee fans count theirs going back to before that. Montreal Canadians fans count theirs, even when they won a lot of them in a six team league. Football is the only sport where for some reason renaming the trophy voided everything before...