The Cowboys aren’t the only ones being “targeted”!

InTheZone

Reaction score
Say it ain’t so! I thought we were the only team that was treated unfairly!

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jul...nrecognizable-substance-154509313.html?bcmt=1

This is nothing more than a modern day witch hunt against the best team in the league. RG hates the Patriots (even after photographic evidence showed he was close to Kraft) and Mara is behind all of it! If this were a Cowboy there would be a flood warning for all the tears shed.

How on earth do other players get suspended for things that they were falsely accused of doing?! I thought this only happened to Cowboys!

Lol so where was this thread about the dozen of incidents that took place over the last 8 months with other teams and we've yet to see or hear of constant news coverage, suspension, and being labeled guilty(and when there's actual proof of being so). Why wait for ONE incident outside of Dallas for the guy to say he didn't know. Didn't Scandrick say the same thing when he was busted? Selective much?

aria

Reaction score
Lol so where was this thread about the dozen of incidents that took place over the last 8 months with other teams and we've yet to see or hear of constant news coverage, suspension, and being labeled guilty(and when there's actual proof of being so). Why wait for ONE incident outside of Dallas for the guy to say he didn't know. Didn't Scandrick say the same thing when he was busted? Selective much?
I didn’t know I was responsible for calling out every time an NFL player is falsely accused, I happened to mention this because it was on my ESPN home page, he’s a major player and plays for a consistent SB contender.

Fill me in, what other “DOZEN” incidents that are similar to this one has occurred over the “last 8 months with other teams” where a player was suspended for an “unrecognizable substance”?

InTheZone

Reaction score
I didn’t know I was responsible for calling out every time an NFL player is falsely accused, I happened to mention this because it was on my ESPN home page, he’s a major player and plays for a consistent SB contender.

Fill me in, what other “DOZEN” incidents that are similar to this one has occurred over the “last 8 months with other teams” where a player was suspended for an “unrecognizable substance”?
-I'm not talking just drugs
-My point is several of these players HAVENT been suspended or scrutinized for their actions
-Wheres all the outrage/investigation over Reuben Fosters DV incident, jets LB DUI accident going backwards through Lincoln Tunnel, OBJ cocaine pics with gf in bed, Michael Bennet contributing to racism and anti police/authority agendas by lying about his involvement and police actions during a reported shooting, Eli Manning's autograph fraud, Aqib Talibs gun incident, these are the ones that I remember most. Guarantee you if they were Cowboys you would see and get more coverage on them by the media, and we'd have more investigations by the nfl.

I also found this just now, not sure how often it's updated, but take what you will:
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

aria

Reaction score
-My point is several of these players HAVENT been suspended or scrutinized for their actions
-Wheres all the outrage/investigation over Reuben Fosters DV incident, jets LB DUI accident going backwards through Lincoln Tunnel, OBJ cocaine pics with gf in bed, Michael Bennet contributing to racism and anti police/authority agendas by lying about his involvement and police actions during a reported shooting, Eli Manning's autograph fraud, Aqib Talibs gun incident, these are the ones that I remember most. Guarantee you if they were Cowboys you would see and get more coverage on them by the media, and we'd have more investigations by the nfl.

I also found this just now, not sure how often it's updated, but take what you will:
In this case I was obviously referring to drugs specifically. Edelman very well may be guilty of something in the future (once they figure out what that unknown sunstance is after further tests) but suspending him right now for an “unknown” substance? Lol, that’s ridiculous.

I’ve actually commented on several of the other cases you mentioned and as an FYI, I didn’t bring them uo, other Zoners did. Where should I start?

OBJ pics- although we all know what it was there is no proof he used cocaine and I doubt that’s a road any NFL fans want to go down. If that’s the case, they could suspend Dak for having a “cigar” in has hand at that party picture. The NFL can do amost anything they want but punishing people over pictures without proof may not be one and if it is I wouldn’t want it to happen to any team/player because eventually it will come back to haunt us.

Eli- settled out of court, what more do you want them to do? Regardless, it looks like there was definitely some shady things happening behind the scenes with certain Giants organizational members but all they had on Eli was an email that proved nothing. Whatever happened to the Dak “fraudulent” signed cards? The NFL didn’t get anymore involved with that then they did with Eli.

Aqib Talib- don’t remember all the details but if he had a CHL then it was legal. You can’t suspend him for being an idiot otherwise half these teams, including ours, wouldn’t exist. IIRC, he plead no contest and the league made him take a firearms safety course or something like that. I hate the guy but seems fair enough for shooting himself in the leg. Josh Brent KILLED someone and was allowed to come back to the league.

Bennett- he is a lying piece of trash, not sure that’s suspendable though

As I previously said, the Cowboys do get more attention both good and bad. We’re loved and hated by millions. With that comes the good and the bad. We get plenty of “good” attention even when we suck. We get in the headlines and mentioned to be in the SB almost every year when we haven’t done anything in over TWO decades. We usually get more prime time games even when we’re mediocre. The Cowbiys have never been under the radar and never will be. That’s what happens when you flaunt yourselves to be “Americas Team” and have an owner like Jerry Jones who thrives on attention and brings most of it upon himself and the Cowboys on purpose.

I’ve said 100 times Zeke got screwed but I don’t agree that we would have more investigations by the NFL if these players were on our team. If that was true, why didn’t they investigate Dak for the card signatures? Why didn’t they investigate Dak for the “cigar”? Why didn’t they tack on more suspensions to Zeke for the St Patty’s Day incident? Why didn’t they investigate the shady as hell night club incident involving Zeke to get him on a “real” DV charge? Why didn’t they further pursue and suspend Dez for slappin’ his mamma? The list goes on.

Zeke got screwed, no denying that and his was definitely one of the worst and more high profile cases and lots of teams have some sort of gripe but they aren’t all high profile players so they don’t get the same attention which is why I brought up Edelman. Kraft and RG were supposed to be buddies and then Deflate Gate quickly shut everyone up. The recent Edelman suspension....you don’t think the Patsies fans think RG is targeting them as well? (even though the drug testing policy doesn’t include him, I’m sure the conspiracy theories are rampant just like they would be here).

aria

Reaction score

BTW, that list is interesting and I’ve actually heard of quite a few of them and some of the bigger names did indeed get national attention but a) most are scrubs and b) they don’t play for “Americas Team”.

Even though the season hadn’t even started, hardly anything was said about Nolan Carrol even though technically he was a Cowboy. Twill got national attention primarily because of the video which most other players don’t have, at least not that good, haha. Minus Bennet, but again, he’s a lying scum bag but I guess you can’t be suspended for that.

Also, a good portion of those charges are misdemeanor drug and alcohol offenses which the NFL is very laxed about. Hell, the players can only be randomly tested for recreational drugs between April and Aug or something like that. You think misdemeanor weed charges for some scrub are going to make national headlines?

InTheZone

Reaction score
BTW, that list is interesting and I’ve actually heard of quite a few of them and some of the bigger names did indeed get national attention but a) most are scrubs and b) they don’t play for “Americas Team”.

Even though the season hadn’t even started, hardly anything was said about Nolan Carrol even though technically he was a Cowboy. Twill got national attention primarily because of the video which most other players don’t have, at least not that good, haha. Minus Bennet, but again, he’s a lying scum bag but I guess you can’t be suspended for that.

Also, a good portion of those charges are misdemeanor drug and alcohol offenses which the NFL is very laxed about. Hell, the players can only be randomly tested for recreational drugs between April and Aug or something like that. You think misdemeanor weed charges for some scrub are going to make national headlines?
I wasn't making a push for the minor incidents, but I agree that the stuff needs to be handled out of the NFLs hands, but consistency is not here from the NFL. They took a non issue from Zeke and made it a million times worse, but then I see potentially deadly and serious incidents around the league and not a word of suspension or investigation for said incident to lead to a suspension. Remember, NFL said you don't have to be guilty, just if you cast a negative light on their image is all that's required for a suspension, conduct detrimental to the league.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I wasn't making a push for the minor incidents, but I agree that the stuff needs to be handled out of the NFLs hands, but consitency is not here from the NFL. They took a non issue from Zeke and made it a million times worse, but then I see potentially deadly and serious incidents around the league and not a word of suspension or investigation for said incident to lead to a suspension. Remember, NFL said you don't have to be guilty, just if you cast a negative light on their image is all that's required for a suspension, conduct detrimental to the league.
No argument there, I’ve never said the NFL was consistent, it’s not. From suspensions to rules to refereeing it’s all over the place which is extremely frustrating, especially the inconsistencies of applying penalties that frequently determine the outcome of a game.

Part of my whole point of posting this article, other than taking a slight jab and the conspiracy theorists, was the exact point you brought up.....there is no consistency BUT it applies to everyone. Just like calls on the field, sometimes they may work in our favor and sometimes they may not. If Edelman is still suspended at the beginning of the season for an “unknown substance” and we were playing them, that would be a HUGE win for us in the bogus NFL suspension column. Patriots fans would be whining that they don’t have one of their best players and are being targeted by the NFL and our fans would laugh and say “it happened to us too, tough luck”.

*Although I have a feeling they’ll figure out specifically what that “unknown substance” is by week 1 and he’ll either serve 4 games or it will be reduced.

Xelda

Reaction score
I believe the Patriots were targeted first as they are far more relevant in the NFL this decade. Remember "Deflate-Gate"? They are being raked across the coals this season with players jumping ship, threatening retirement and positive drug tests. I'm sure there are a hand full of teams on RG's naughty list besides the Cowboys and Patriots. I can't name them, but they've got to be there and must have caused Eli to have a bad dream or two.