CFZ The Cowboys Bring Me No Joy Anymore

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

That 2002 team finished 5-11, but I loved watching every second of every game.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.

I'm not as fired up as some folks because I'm no longer stunned when games like today happen. I don't get too high or too low. I just hope for the best.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

But the losses don't hurt as bad now. We know what to expect. It's the same old story year after year.

This team folds when they get punched in the mouth. They are awful in big time games.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Then stop watching. I’m not watching this clown of a team anymore either. Whenever ownership changes and the trashy players we currently hold leave, maybe I’ll become invested again. Until then, they’ll be lucky if they’re even played as background noise on the TV.

If all of us fans stopped supporting this circus ran team, maybe JJ and the NFL would do something. But no. We fall for the same story year in and year out, and the rest of the NFL and JJ benefit from it. No more.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yep that was a painful game all the way around.
We all know that you can't throw two interceptions at lambeau Field and expect to win.
Our coaching wreaked of desperation.

Our players are stupid and undisciplined with constant unsportsman like conduct penalties on special teams.

Our defense that we felt we could hang our hat on we're hung out to dry.

And as always at lambeau Field the officiating made it absolutely impossible to win no matter what happened.

Not just a bad day for the Cowboys but that game was a bad day for football

Fmart322

Reaction score

Lol.
I know exactly how you feel....and totally agree. Yet, I am compelled to watch them every week like it's my personal prison sentence.
Lol

Simpleton

Reaction score
Agreed, it's a terrible mentality to have because you can't blame the 2022 team or the 2024 team or the 2027 team for the disappointments of 2007 or 2016, but it's damn near impossible to ignore the fact that the other shoe will inevitably drop while watching games/seasons anymore.

ryanbabs

Reaction score

Just like we all knew when the Packers got within 7 points in the 4th qtr, we’ve all seen this same, endless movie before that always has the same ending. Don’t know if it ever changes with the people we have in charge.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score

It's because Dak's play is so...uninspiring. I hate watching him play the game. It's so cringe.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

No worries. There are a lot of joys out there to get into.
I follow our Boys, but I don't attach my emotions to them anymore.
I have new joys I attach myself to now and I'm happier for it.

You can root and watch the team and not allow it to hurt you.

sillycon

Reaction score

At least you didn't get to watch their dynasty years like I have. My expectations are so much higher. They've worn me down to the point where I almost don't care anymore. I've gone from optimistic to extremely pessimistic with this team nowadays...

starfan1

Reaction score
Lol y’all never disappoint ! It’s possible we go in next week and beat minny

it’s hard to win in this league and it’s a week to week league

how many of you had them winning todays game with early predictions ? Probably not many yet a lot of you buried the packers recently

every week is different except our run defense that’s the same

BAD

lukemartin79

Reaction score

We have to wait until the Jones family all dies off I am afraid before we will see any of that change.

pitt33

Reaction score

I get it.

I’ve been a fan since ‘71. Been through it all.

I know what I see. Just like you.

This franchise is tainted. At many levels. And I can’t believe I just witnessed another loss to Rodgers and GB. Just another loss in a big game when the bright lights are on.

I get it.

I’m glad I witnessed the real Cowboy teams. Just don’t think it will happen again in my lifetime.