The Cowboys Fandom - A New Low?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I've been watching the Cowboys since the early 90s, and while I definitely remember a few rough years, I can't remember a time when I've seen the Cowboys fan base this down and out on the team collectively. Nobody is rooting for this team anymore. Everywhere I go it is very clear. On this forum board (well you see it for yourself), on Facebook (the SNF post for example all I've seen is all the Cowboys fans rooting for a blow out), and in person when I run into other fans (they're over it). It's crazy to me but I understand it, because, well I am there also. I love this team to death but Garrett has stripped me of any passion I had left for this season. As long as he is the captain of this sinking ship anyway. I hate it. This isn't how it is supposed to be. I used to get super stoked to watch our Boys in Sunday Night football games, yet, here I am feeling very 'meh' about it. I've read this book before.

With all that said, I feel like whether Jerry likes it or not, this has to force his hand to let go of Garrett..........right? RIGHT!??!

And I know the narrative of this story. Jerry will most likely bring in another "yes man" coach. Whatever. At this point I need a new ray of hope. I think we all do.
I don't think it can get any lower bro. We've been doing the limbo dance for about 23 years now.

Last edited:

rynochop

Reaction score
Is this another, I'm no longer a fan, but I'm still gonna post on a fan website, thread?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not hiding if you know the post game thread is going to be mass bed wetting and you don't bother to post "No its not" 7000 times. If I walk past a Kindergarden class that is having a mass tantrum without giving each and every toddler a lollipop, it doesn't mean I'm hiding either.

That's exactly what it means. And again, if you're calling a mass of fans rightfully complaining about a sorry team, sorry coach, and sorry on-field product a "mass tantrum"? That's your fault, not theirs. and you should stay in hiding. But for the record, I wasn't saying that about you. You're at least still here posting in some capacity so I don't consider that hiding.

But if you're blaming fellow fans for any of this, you're way off base and the problem is with you, not all of them.

ShortRound

Reaction score
We have three sports radio stations in DFW, and they are all doing a number on Garrett, Jerry, and the Cowboys.

And if Dak keeps playing like he has, I fear we're looking at 2-4 years of poor play, until a true QB is established.

visionary

Reaction score
I've been watching the Cowboys since the early 90s, and while I definitely remember a few rough years, I can't remember a time when I've seen the Cowboys fan base this down and out on the team collectively. Nobody is rooting for this team anymore. Everywhere I go it is very clear. On this forum board (well you see it for yourself), on Facebook (the SNF post for example all I've seen is all the Cowboys fans rooting for a blow out), and in person when I run into other fans (they're over it). It's crazy to me but I understand it, because, well I am there also. I love this team to death but Garrett has stripped me of any passion I had left for this season. As long as he is the captain of this sinking ship anyway. I hate it. This isn't how it is supposed to be. I used to get super stoked to watch our Boys in Sunday Night football games, yet, here I am feeling very 'meh' about it. I've read this book before.

With all that said, I feel like whether Jerry likes it or not, this has to force his hand to let go of Garrett..........right? RIGHT!??!

And I know the narrative of this story. Jerry will most likely bring in another "yes man" coach. Whatever. At this point I need a new ray of hope. I think we all do.

Fans get excited when their team is really good (which we are not) ortgere is hope that things are going to improve significantly in the near future

You have a GM who can't evaluate talent
You have a HC who can't coach and is the HC only and only because Jerry is comfortable with him because he bends over for him at every step
You have a QB who is average at best
Our moron GM traded away our only chance to get a real QB in the next draft

The reason intelligent cowboy fans are down is because there is very very little hope that things will improve in the near future and they are absolutely right

Kaiser

Reaction score
That's exactly what it means. And again, if you're calling a mass of fans rightfully complaining about a sorry team, sorry coach, and sorry on-field product a "mass tantrum"?

I'm not talking about you or the people I respond to, I'm talking about the big chunk of posters that say we were lose every game going forward after every close loss. This season has been a gut punch, but in reality its a team that should win 9 or 10 games winning 7 or 8. If they fire the coaching staff I'm fine with that, but we have people here that act like this is the Dave Campo years when its not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not talking about you or the people I respond to, I'm talking about the big chunk of posters that say we were lose every game going forward after every close loss. This season has been a gut punch, but in reality its a team that should win 9 or 10 games winning 7 or 8. If they fire the coaching staff I'm fine with that, but we have people here that act like this is the Dave Campo years when its not.

Now you're going to argue about degrees of failure. An exercise that's not even worth the effort. The fact is that it's failing and has for a long time, with a few peaks among years of valleys. Fans are sick of it and demand better, I'm not blaming them for feeling that way, I'm blaming the people that caused it.

And if you think that this team is winning "7 or 8"? I will emphatically disagree with you.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And if you think that this team is winning "7 or 8"? I will emphatically disagree with you.

Your post says No No but your Avatar last offseason says Yes Yes.

Jason-Garrett-Net-Worth-is-18-million-dollars-and-earns-an-annual-Income-of-6-Million-dollars.jpg

StylisticS

Reaction score
I will watch the first quarter. I won't have to watch the rest, blowout. I see 3-13 record this year.
I think they will squeak out a couple more wins but no more than 6. If 5-11 or worst, you have to make massive changes. If they don't, I want to near from none of them that they care about winning on the field.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Craig Miller predicted 13-3 before the season started... little off lol I remember thinking this dude is nuts

Hey, this dummy thought that they could rebound to 11-5!

I felt that they weren't quite as bad as last year's 9-17, while not quite as good as 2016's 13-3 team was. So, even a long-established Garrett hater didn't think things would fail this miserably. But he continues to surprise me even to this day.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he will let go of garrett...Jerry is a master marketer...he has been able to make cowboys into the most valued franchise in NFL and one of the top in the world...all through a .500 product he has produced in the past 25 years...he is a master in creating hope and generate interest....he got cooper mostly for that, not mainly for team improvement.....he made a big gamble giving up a 1st round pick....when he wasnt' willing to trade a 3rd round pick to go up and get Paxton lynch....during the draft a couple of years back...he knows how to play the marketing game....he sees the unhappiness in the fandom, news, media, etc...and he will get rid of Garrett...if we lose the next 5 games, as much as he says he won't he will fire garrett because the fans will be up in arms and attendance will drop.... so he will bring the next coach,,,,, create hope...but same results as the other 6 he had.....and then he drafts a QB, get rid of dak...oh, maybe now fans will say and we end up same place.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your post says No No but your Avatar last offseason says Yes Yes.

Jason-Garrett-Net-Worth-is-18-million-dollars-and-earns-an-annual-Income-of-6-Million-dollars.jpg

I lost a bet once, it happens. I see you're getting pissy about things here by feeling the need to bring that up about this.

I also thought that this team would somehow win 11 games this year.

If you want to make another one on "8 games", I'd be glad to take that action.

After all, I'm a Cowboys fan, I'm a glutton for punishment.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I still see the clown Garrett getting another season.

Injuries, they fire Rod and Linehan. He gets one more go of it.

The difference now is, back in the 90s we were building. Jimmy, Troy, Emmitt, Mike, the OL etc.

Everybody on the team has ate the cheese and is overrated except Martin and Byron.
I don't think that will happen. I can't see this team making a 5-3 run with the schedule ahead of us and teams are smelling blood....fans will be up in arms and Jerry will make a change.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The mid-to-late 80s was the worst for me. That was a really old team with declining talent (horrible drafts) and no one was about to make sweeping changes within the establishment, particularly Schramm or Landry.

To boot, no social media or message board to vent/collaborate, though this was a strong three-paper town with great beat writers covering the club.

I am putting the current fiasco on par with the Campo years. I know, the records then were worse, but the hopelessness, for me, is as bad because I’ve had the opportunity to witness the Jones cycle a few times since. And in 2002, we were only a few years removed from our most recent heyday.
the late 80's didn't bother me as much, although I hated to see us lose...but that team had 18 years of playoff appearance which takes its toll on the talent for the team......and at one point it would have caught up with them and it did.....they were lucky to have gone from Morton to staubach, to White...then we had no QB for a few years and everyone retired....