The Cowboys Fandom - A New Low?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It would be poetic justice. I've never been a fan of the guy, and, in my opinion, he undermined Wade Phillips before ultimately being gifted that head coaching position. Garrett's offense made just as many mistakes as Phillips defense did, but it was Wade alone that paid the price.

Garrett was able to "fail upwards" based on an ill-conceived picture in Jerry Jones head. Jones has always put more stock into what Jason Garrett says than anything Jason Garrett actually does. Some people can talk a good game but can't actually do anything. That's who Garrett is, and his empty talk has finally reached its end.
I think Jerry is stubborn....he went through a bunch of coaches like he changed socks...then everyone criticized him for changing coaches so often and he is not sticking with one...so now he has gone all the way over and being stubborn about keeping garrett...but I think that has run its course...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I've been a fan since the Cowboys/Broncos Super Bowl 12
That game is literally my first conscious memory of this team.
There was a time I would get so amped up in anticipation of the Cowboys game. A win or loss would determine how my week went.
I finally decided I will no longer eat the crap sandwiches this team is serving. I am looking at this as if the Cowboys were a business. I won't do business with someone selling an inferior product.
I no longer plan around game time. If I have something else to do I'll do it.

FAKE FAN ALERT!!!!!

If you were a real fan you would know that Dallas played Pissburgh in super bowls 10, 13, and 30. They played Denver in 12.

Just kidding with you...... :)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has one priority and that is to earn money. Everything else comes in second place.

He is forbes #1. So he is right with his approach. He wont change anything unless the franchsise loses in overall revenue.

Garett is not the problem.

Dont fail to JJ or even SJ comments. Always be aware that all these guys care about is raising the value of their franchise. And right now they are doing better then everybody else in the NFL. So whats not to like for them ?

Aikam is very very right with his evaluation.
:hammer:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yes Jerry is the main problem but saying what you said above is complete nonsense

Garrett is a huge part of the problem

I dont think so.

But maybe i view the the duties of a HC different.
This is not college or high school football. To me a HC main duty is to assemble good coaching talent around him. Garrett did that and even more. Dont think that McClay would be in his position if Garrett wasnt the HC.

JJ is the main problem. And every HC will have to deal with the main goal that JJ has: and thats create revenue. I do think Garrett is the first HC that is able to handle those cirumstances.

Blake

Reaction score
Let us hope man!!! Hope he’s fired tomorrow

Ginger's train is derailing and not even the Jone's can save him now. He was a terrible coach masking himself as a mediocre one, and was only going to keep that charade going for so long before the NFL exposed his ineptness with totality. That has happened.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jerry is stubborn....he went through a bunch of coaches like he changed socks...then everyone criticized him for changing coaches so often and he is not sticking with one...so now he has gone all the way over and being stubborn about keeping garrett...but I think that has run its course...

Yeah, this is over.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I lost a bet once, it happens. I see you're getting pissy about things here by feeling the need to bring that up about this.

Its not "pissy" if its directly on point about fan expectations. And if I have to read "20 Years of Foootility" fifty times a day I would think a bet from less than one year back would be relevant. Not slamming you, but we are reasonable opposite sides of the same coin. The difference is the wild optimists rarely post here while the 0-16 crowd is out in force after a loss.

morat1959

Reaction score
Fans get excited when their team is really good (which we are not) ortgere is hope that things are going to improve significantly in the near future

You have a GM who can't evaluate talent
You have a HC who can't coach and is the HC only and only because Jerry is comfortable with him because he bends over for him at every step
You have a QB who is average at best
Our moron GM traded away our only chance to get a real QB in the next draft

The reason intelligent cowboy fans are down is because there is very very little hope that things will improve in the near future and they are absolutely right

Spin it anyway you want but this is it pretty much it in a nutshell.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't know if it's a new low but I think what contributes to the dispondency is the fact the FO seems dug in with the head coach and the realization that the young QB you thought was the future isn't the franchise guy you believed he was.

I know I was very optimistic coming out of 2016 into the 2017 season.

I was saying all this off-season that I was going to withold judgement on Dak until after the season but he's been so bad this season overall waiting is just a formality. I have no confidence in him leading this team moving forward.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been watching the Cowboys since the early 90s, and while I definitely remember a few rough years, I can't remember a time when I've seen the Cowboys fan base this down and out on the team collectively.
You must have forgotten the consecutive 5-11 seasons. It was worse than now. At least now the Cowboy fan base knows they can normally hover around the .500 record each year. Back then, each year was about having another top 10 draft pick.

morat1959

Reaction score
Not when he's being embarrassed and ridiculed he doesn't. Jerry likes showing his face more than anything, or anybody.

O-cord. and possibly D-cord. will be the scapegoats this year. Red will be back next year...write it down. There’s nothing to look forward to with this team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not "pissy" if its directly on point about fan expectations.

Which it isnt. Once again you choose to "blame fans" about this stuff. That's your problem.

And if I have to read "20 Years of Foootility" fifty times a day I would think a bet from less than one year back would be relevant.

So I take it that while you want to bring that one up, you won't stand behind your "8 wins" claims?

Not slamming you, but we are reasonable opposite sides of the same coin. The difference is the wild optimists rarely post here while the 0-16 crowd is out in force after a loss.

Or one group has the guts to be here regardless while the other side can only take it if and when they think they're right? Because that's exactly what I mean seeing.

There are more negative posts because they're earned.

Much respect to you always but you continue to want to shoot the messenger.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I still see the clown Garrett getting another season.

Injuries, they fire Rod and Linehan. He gets one more go of it.

The difference now is, back in the 90s we were building. Jimmy, Troy, Emmitt, Mike, the OL etc.

Everybody on the team has ate the cheese and is overrated except Martin and Byron.

How are DeMarcus Lawrence, Amari Cooper, Travis Fredbeard and Leighton Vander Esch over-rated?

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
Should've been around 84' - 90'... Can you say P. U. !!!!:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
I was and your right
Yes Jerry is the main problem but saying what you said above is complete nonsense

Garrett is a huge part of the problem
What's the saying. If your not part of the solution, Then your part of the problem. next to that quote is a big red arrow, and next to that arrow is a picture of Garrett. NOT THE SOLUTION.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Very well said.
:clap:

Take comfort in the fact that you're not alone and we're all going through this current misery together. And also the fact that it cannot and will not last.

I much prefer your position here to fans turning on one another for circumstances they can't control and played no part in. Where some fans are ignorant enough to tell others how to act and that they should put up with this crap and "support their team".

The sun isn't coming out tomorrow, it isn't coming out next week, but after another wasted season? Yeah, I have hope that we will finally be getting something to again be positive and optimistic about. That's what I've got at this point.
Well said! Now that NFL pundits on ESPN, etc. are saying the same thing many of us have been saying for years and years( the main problem is Garrett and Linehan’s Offense), there is less talk about being a bad fan because you want this team to lose in order to get rid of those 2 clowns. Sometimes in life, and football, you must take 1 step back to move 2 steps forward.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've been watching the Cowboys since the early 90s, and while I definitely remember a few rough years, I can't remember a time when I've seen the Cowboys fan base this down and out on the team collectively. Nobody is rooting for this team anymore. Everywhere I go it is very clear. On this forum board (well you see it for yourself), on Facebook (the SNF post for example all I've seen is all the Cowboys fans rooting for a blow out), and in person when I run into other fans (they're over it). It's crazy to me but I understand it, because, well I am there also. I love this team to death but Garrett has stripped me of any passion I had left for this season. As long as he is the captain of this sinking ship anyway. I hate it. This isn't how it is supposed to be. I used to get super stoked to watch our Boys in Sunday Night football games, yet, here I am feeling very 'meh' about it. I've read this book before.

With all that said, I feel like whether Jerry likes it or not, this has to force his hand to let go of Garrett..........right? RIGHT!??!

And I know the narrative of this story. Jerry will most likely bring in another "yes man" coach. Whatever. At this point I need a new ray of hope. I think we all do.
I’ve been following since the 60’s. And we’ve several low points in our history. I wouldn’t count on Jerry changing his ways.