The Cowboys Fandom - A New Low?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And it wouldn't shock me if it looks just like that game this coming Sunday Night.
it could happen...I saw first signs of quitting in seattle and a little in Houston.....the one thing about garrett was that his teams played hard for him and players responded to him...now, he is losing them...if we get blown out in Philly, then we don't start well against Atlanta, it will snowball.....players will start to show frustrations and play as individuals.....

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
There is no comparison between the 80's and now. The 80's had three NFC Championship games and still Danny White was thought of as a winner.

By most people. Me, I thought he was a loser for the fumble that started the 9ers legacy. It was not the Catch that screwed Dallas, it was the ensuing fumble by White after a forty yard completion to Drew Pearson that left the team about twenty yards from a field goal and a Super Bowl.

This time we are in, with 23 years of suckage is the worst, and the fans have a dread and foreboding that Jerry will live forever or Stephen will take over just like Dad and run this franchise into the ground.

Because, this team is heading toward being the Browns at light speed.

I wouldn't classify Danny White a loser, however i agree with you entirely about that game.

Clark's catch, tough as it was, was not the back breaker, it was the damn fumble that i'll always remember.

Good post regarding that game and the direction overall.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
You must have forgotten the consecutive 5-11 seasons. It was worse than now. At least now the Cowboy fan base knows they can normally hover around the .500 record each year. Back then, each year was about having another top 10 draft pick.

As much as i disliked the Campo years, and they were bad, i understood them.

Campo really did Jerry a favor by running that team for him when they had literally no chance of winning.

With ~30% of the team cap as dead money and an old and tired roster those years sucked, but there were reasons for it.

This iteration is brutal, a cycle of rudderless mismanagement that has drained a lot of my personal enthusiasm for a team that was once, to an almost literal extent, the most important thing in my life.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dude I was a fan during the lead years of Gary Hogeboom, Timmy Newsome to Paul Palmer and Jason Tucker.

glimmerman

Reaction score
After the rookie year we had a big belief that off season changes were going to be good and the improved Defense would put this team over the top. But the players and staff let us down again. Starts at the top and works it’s way down. JJ wants to win but wants to win his way, we have all known it for years. It should be our time to shine and make a playoff run.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fans get excited when their team is really good (which we are not) ortgere is hope that things are going to improve significantly in the near future

You have a GM who can't evaluate talent
You have a HC who can't coach and is the HC only and only because Jerry is comfortable with him because he bends over for him at every step
You have a QB who is average at best
Our moron GM traded away our only chance to get a real QB in the next draft

The reason intelligent cowboy fans are down is because there is very very little hope that things will improve in the near future and they are absolutely right
Pretty much another wasted year. And if we do make the playoffs then the players have to beat the opponent and it’s own HC. JG gets out coached or makes game and clock management mistakes consistently. Sometimes it look intentional. Lol. JJ sees it but refuses to change it.

I essentially hope every year that either we get a new HC and OC or the players win despite of it. Playcalling this year has been especially dumb.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm feeling so apathetic, I'm not gonna bother answering.

That’s the best word. Apathy.

I used to work around Dallas games. No family outings, shopping, work etc. now I’m begging for any excuse to not watch us.

I used to be hopeful and count ways to make the playoffs. This team is just dead in the water.

Which is sad. We’re a few plays from 5-3 lmao

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm hoping the front office burns like Paradise, CA. Speaking of that I'm packing up and leaving Oroville since the fire is expected to head this way tonight or tomorrow. See you around.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yep...…..pretty much all around the internet from this site to social media to everything else...…….90% or more of fans are rooting for blowout losses the rest of the season.

Not, thinking we are going to get blown out...…...HOPING WE GET BLOWN OUT...………..I have never seen it this bad before, honestly.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are unaccustomed to being such losers. They want to win, or have the hope of winning. There is no hope left!

Batman1980

Reaction score
That’s the best word. Apathy.

I used to work around Dallas games. No family outings, shopping, work etc. now I’m begging for any excuse to not watch us.

I used to be hopeful and count ways to make the playoffs. This team is just dead in the water.

Which is sad. We’re a few plays from 5-3 lmao

We're a good coaching staff away from 7-1. 7-1. Good job 3 idiots at the top of the coaching tree.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as i disliked the Campo years, and they were bad, i understood them.

Campo really did Jerry a favor by running that team for him when they had literally no chance of winning.

With ~30% of the team cap as dead money and an old and tired roster those years sucked, but there were reasons for it.

This iteration is brutal, a cycle of rudderless mismanagement that has drained a lot of my personal enthusiasm for a team that was once, to an almost literal extent, the most important thing in my life.

I agree, Campo was obviously unqualified - he was the last kid picked from the Super Bowl staff - but he also had to pay for age, injuries, and bad decisions. The Super Bowl teams continued to disintegrate and the had no money or talent to replace them. Garrett is terrible and inherited a team full of Pro Bowl talent and has never had to deal with a cap like Campo did.

And he's still terrible.