The Cowboys Fandom - A New Low?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s the best word. Apathy.

I used to work around Dallas games. No family outings, shopping, work etc. now I’m begging for any excuse to not watch us.

I used to be hopeful and count ways to make the playoffs. This team is just dead in the water.

Which is sad. We’re a few plays from 5-3 lmao

And just for perspective, we're one late field goal (Detroit) away from 2-6!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Or they go into hiding when it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that their position was completely wrong. I'm seeing plenty of that.

Don't blame fans for being down, blame coaches and ownership that caused it.

Its a guaranteed lock that JJ knows the underlying ailments of his organization, now whether He chooses to enact an thorough & broad sweeping out of the over paid/under producing stable of those in HIS employ at the end of this season remains to be seen?
I'm putting my Pennies down on him finally addressing the most visually obvious problem,,,and,,,the sooner He 'bites down on that bullet' undergoing the necessary pains,the sooner actual competitive capabilities return to HIS organization.

* A guy like him is bound to have one of the better developed BULL**** INDICATOR GAUGES known to mankind & I believe HE'S monitoring it much more closelyo_O

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a guaranteed lock that JJ knows the underlying ailments of his organization, now whether He chooses to enact an thorough & broad sweeping out of the over paid/under producing stable of those in HIS employ at the end of this season remains to be seen?
I'm putting my Pennies down on him finally addressing the most visually obvious problem,,,and,,,the sooner He 'bites down on that bullet' undergoing the necessary pains,the sooner actual competitive capabilities return to HIS organization.

* A guy like him is bound to have one of the better developed BULL**** INDICATOR GAUGES known to mankind & I believe HE'S monitoring it much more closelyo_O

That's what I think as well. He's tried to look the other way on this issue far too many times and for far too long. But even he can't blind himself to the truth any longer.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I wouldn't classify Danny White a loser, however i agree with you entirely about that game.

Clark's catch, tough as it was, was not the back breaker, it was the damn fumble that i'll always remember.

Good post regarding that game and the direction overall.

Two games where I actually cried after. The Ice Bowl and that damn 9er game. I was so frustrated, and then the 9er love fest that ensued.

I am numb right now about this team and the coming prospects.

Big_D

Reaction score
You used to have hope of improving over time and that the front office was actually driven to win football games. Hope or drive are both nonexistent. It’s very sad. There’s zero urgency from this team . A beautiful stadium. Nicest in the league and the usual mediocre product on the field. How can fans have any confidence at all after decades of this kind of management? Just year after year after year. Team used to be proud, well coached, driven, successful. Jerry turned the institution of the Dallas Cowboys into a joke.

To the point where some are actually afraid of change all for the sake of playing it safe. lol extremely sad and pathetic. That’s what this GM built here. Can’t really blame the fans.

kskboys

Reaction score
I've been watching the Cowboys since the early 90s, and while I definitely remember a few rough years, I can't remember a time when I've seen the Cowboys fan base this down and out on the team collectively. Nobody is rooting for this team anymore. Everywhere I go it is very clear. On this forum board (well you see it for yourself), on Facebook (the SNF post for example all I've seen is all the Cowboys fans rooting for a blow out), and in person when I run into other fans (they're over it). It's crazy to me but I understand it, because, well I am there also. I love this team to death but Garrett has stripped me of any passion I had left for this season. As long as he is the captain of this sinking ship anyway. I hate it. This isn't how it is supposed to be. I used to get super stoked to watch our Boys in Sunday Night football games, yet, here I am feeling very 'meh' about it. I've read this book before.

With all that said, I feel like whether Jerry likes it or not, this has to force his hand to let go of Garrett..........right? RIGHT!??!

And I know the narrative of this story. Jerry will most likely bring in another "yes man" coach. Whatever. At this point I need a new ray of hope. I think we all do.
Yup.

My emotions have been drained since 09. I'm waiting for Jerry to bring them back.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are unaccustomed to being such losers. They want to win, or have the hope of winning. There is no hope left!
Exactly......we are not the Browns, we are not used to sucking like this and there is no hope of it changing anytime soon.

I would rather just burn this POS organization to the ground and start over, just like Aikman said

Praxit

Reaction score
..well, they just hit the 5 billion mark, according to Forbes. No other team in the NFL has even reached the 4 billion mark yet. So the low fandom idea might be a few, die-hard fans who want back the Glory days of winning.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Exactly......we are not the Browns, we are not used to sucking like this and there is no hope of it changing anytime soon.

I would rather just burn this POS organization to the ground and start over, just like Aikman said

I'm sure the Browns fans were thinking the same thing back in the 80's. Only a two decades removed from the Glory Years of Jim Brown and they had those exciting Cardiac Kids of the early 80's then a young Kosar, Ozzie Newsome, Mack and Byner to give them hope that they would once again be a great team........... They were a storied franchise with 8 championships and surely the mighty Browns couldn't remain a disappointment, because this was the Browns with a proud history and fanatic fan base.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Is this another, I'm no longer a fan, but I'm still gonna post on a fan website, thread?

Absolutely not. Of course my heart still belongs to Dallas and always will. That is what is so frustrating about all of this. I sink my everything into this team and every year is the same ole' story. It just seems to be this nightmare of mediocrity that just cycles over and over and will never end. If being OK with that makes you a true fan, then yeah, I guess I'm doing it wrong.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's what I think as well. He's tried to look the other way on this issue far too many times and for far too long. But even he can't blind himself to the truth any longer.
I think you underestimate Jerry's and Johnny Walker's ability to blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevm3

Reaction score
Historic loss after historic loss. We've watched Jerry and crew turn over all the coordinators, assistant coaches and players to keep this guy here. We've literally watched the career of historic players go down the drain. A couple of guys were lucky, like Martellus Bennett and Demarcus Ware, to escape this organization and get themselves a ring. All the options have been exhausted and yet we STILL don't know how much longer Garrett will be kept here and that's what's causing apathy. At some point, you simply stop caring.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been watching the Cowboys since the early 90s, and while I definitely remember a few rough years, I can't remember a time when I've seen the Cowboys fan base this down and out on the team collectively. Nobody is rooting for this team anymore. Everywhere I go it is very clear. On this forum board (well you see it for yourself), on Facebook (the SNF post for example all I've seen is all the Cowboys fans rooting for a blow out), and in person when I run into other fans (they're over it). It's crazy to me but I understand it, because, well I am there also. I love this team to death but Garrett has stripped me of any passion I had left for this season. As long as he is the captain of this sinking ship anyway. I hate it. This isn't how it is supposed to be. I used to get super stoked to watch our Boys in Sunday Night football games, yet, here I am feeling very 'meh' about it. I've read this book before.

With all that said, I feel like whether Jerry likes it or not, this has to force his hand to let go of Garrett..........right? RIGHT!??!

And I know the narrative of this story. Jerry will most likely bring in another "yes man" coach. Whatever. At this point I need a new ray of hope. I think we all do.

I wish our problem was Jason Garrett and firing him would solve all our woes....It all starts and ends with Jerry and Family....so even when a new YES man rides to town it will be a matter of time till we are all screaming for his head to roll......and this won't get better with Jerry's retirement as another Jones is line to FEED his massive Jones Ego...hey after last weeks lost the owner said we are invested long term in Jason and Dak...I mean what are you expecting here ....miracles left the house when Jimmy said GOODBYE....and the EGO Monster took over.....