The Cowboys need a #2 reciever

jwitten82

Reaction score
Teams are taking away Owens and Witten and Crayton not getting any seperation. I hope Jerry trades for Roy Williams we need him.

Jake0

Reaction score
It needs to happen, even if it is our 1st next year. We need to win now, this is our chance, many things can change next year (i.e. Brady's back, Chargers get healthy, young talent develops for other teams...)

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Yeah, I have about had it with this as well......... I'm not one of these people who are slobbering over Roy Williams, but we need a number 2 WR. We need Terry Glenn, but I know that's not possible. I almost feel bad for TO the reason he's not doing damage is because he is being bracketed on every play. Cryaton is a #3 SLOT WR and very good in that role.

Man do we miss Terry Glenn. We don't need another star WR we just need someone who brings the same elements to the table that TG did.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Mort after the game said that he expects Jerry to call the Lions again to ask about Roy Williams price again. Man i hope he's right for once!

utrunner07

Reaction score
Some of you just don't get it. It has nothing to do with who our #2 is. Romo is sucking ala Q. Carter, Phillips could not COACH a win to save his life, and Garrett has left his head somewhere. Add onto that the horrendous play of the O-line these past few games....

jwitten82

Reaction score
Even when Romo does have time he usually dumps it to the runningback cause no one is open downfield.

ologan

Reaction score
utrunner07;2330486 said:
Some of you just don't get it. It has nothing to do with who our #2 is. Romo is sucking ala Q. Carter, Phillips could not COACH a win to save his life, and Garrett has left his head somewhere. Add onto that the horrendous play of the O-line these past few games....

:bang2: :banghead: :bang2: :banghead: :bang2: :banghead: .......:bang2:

Well,at least you were close on the horrendous O-line play!

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
jwitten82;2330510 said:
Even when Romo does have time he usually dumps it to the runningback cause no one is open downfield.
:hammer:

Bingo, TO is being bracketed on virtually every play

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
jwitten82;2330510 said:

It's amazing that teams with average CBs can take TO and Witten out of a game, and the other jokers can't beat their man.

On the other hand our highly paid CBs play way off the opposing recievers and get beat like a drum.

I hope Jerry makes a move for a real WR threat.

slick325

Reaction score
I agree 100% although I do not believe that is the only issue facing this particular Cowboys team.

My agreement is in no way an indictment on Crayton's ability to contribute in a #3 WR role or Austin's ability to do so in the role as the #4. It is an indictment on Hurd and Stanback. Don't believe they play a role in Dallas' future. Just my two pennies.

dfense

Reaction score
jwitten82;2330297 said:
Teams are taking away Owens and Witten and Crayton not getting any seperation. I hope Jerry trades for Roy Williams we need him.
First of all, I before E, except after C.

Second, WR's can't play OT. The tackles played bad today and Romo was off for the third week in a row.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
If we don't go after Roy in the offseason, I'd expect we make a play to go after Crabtree.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
I am happy with our receiving crew. I think Crayton is a good number 2. It's just that none of them are playing to their potential the last few games.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
CowboyMark;2330664 said:
I am happy with our receiving crew. I think Crayton is a good number 2. It's just that none of them are playing to their potential the last few games.

None of them can get any seperation. None of them draw extra attention, and none of them have done anything that any other average # 3 receiver could've done in our offense.

TDHND

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2330485 said:
Mort after the game said that he expects Jerry to call the Lions again to ask about Roy Williams price again. Man i hope he's right for once!

i sure hope he does this!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Miles Austin needs Crayton's spot and he needs to go back to the slot where he was good.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
unless we bring in Roy nobody is going to give the other side any respect. I like the other guys, but they do not draw attention like Roy would