The Cowboys need to sign Jameis Winston

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dak's contract situation will eventually be resolved, but the Boys would be wise to add Winston to the roster as a valuable insurance policy against injury or an extended holdout.

This would represent a win-win situation for the team and player. Something Rush & Thorson can't provide having only a combined three passing attempts of regular season experience.

Dont want that guy and his attitude anywhere near this team

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He is waiting for Dak to sign to set his price.:laugh:
:lmao2:
no one wants to touch jamies Winston...he sucks. he is in his fifth year and he cant read a defense and still makes bad throws....
Lol. That he does, but so do our backups. Can only imagine starting the season off with our new coaching staff and Rush at center because Dak is holding out. That's a disaster waiting to happen.
:muttley:
Hey, be nice. Or your approximation of nice. --from the Wolverine origins movie.
:thumbup:
:)

joseephuss

Reaction score
:lmao2:
Lol. That he does, but so do our backups. Can only imagine starting the season off with our new coaching staff and Rush at center because Dak is holding out. That's a disaster waiting to happen.
:muttley:
:)

If Dak holds out, then the team will go find a veteran QB. There is no need to sign Winston right now.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Dak's contract situation will eventually be resolved, but the Boys would be wise to add Winston to the roster as a valuable insurance policy against injury or an extended holdout.

This would represent a win-win situation for the team and player. Something Rush & Thorson can't provide having only a combined three passing attempts of regular season experience.
If he's not signed by camp (whenever that is) I can see him settling on a year deal and re-enter FA next season. 1/yr 10 ish with some bonus to make it 15 per with incentives.

Hardline

Reaction score
Draft Jalen Hurts.
He has enough talent not only to back up Dak. He could eventually replace him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No doubt Winston's first choice would be to go to a team where the starting QB role is more open, and no doubt the Cowboys don't want to pay a big salary to a backup QB.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Absolutely not. He'll sign for way more than we can afford anyway, most likely when some team loses a starter in pre season.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Winston is going to get paid. Maybe not this year but he will get paid. Look at the deal Bridgewater just got. Winston is much better.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would love to have Winston as a backup!
But his price is too high, and he isn’t going to sign behind a young starter. He will want to start or backup an aging veteran. He won’t sign anywhere until after the draft. The only reason Dallas will look at a QB in the draft is because Rush will become a free agent next summer and we don’t want to pay him either.

jnday

Reaction score
Assumptions assumptions.

They make *******s out of you and me.

So..

I don't assume at all Rush can't play nor that he can't play well.

His first season he looked very competitive.

His next year everybody expected this huge improvement but like many players do, they have that sophomore jinx.

Now, the fact that McCarthy must have looked at him and approved his contract has to mean something is right.

Winston would be too expensive to sign. Plus I do not think he would come here unless Big Mike was going to open competition at QB.

That has not been discussed.

So until we see what's what..

we wait and consider the possibilities.
The problem with Rush is that nobody has seen him play in the regular season. None of us can honestly say that we know anything about him. I know it is fashionable around here to bash him, but it is unfair criticism considering that he has no playing time. I am starting to wonder if he is much better than his critics are saying he is. He would not be on the roster if he hasn’t shown the team something. MM would have already brought in a backup if Rush was obviously that bad.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Winston is what he is at this point, and has been since his sophomore year in college. Incredibly talented and incredibly confounding.

5k yards and 33 TDs does not erase 42 (!) turnovers.

Hardline

Reaction score
There is not much difference in the two. They have many of the same faults. If they draft a QB, I hope that they draft a more traditional type of accurate pocket passer.
I can agree with that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rush is a joke, but Winston has no reason to sign with Dallas. Dak's contract will get get done, no matter how much some hope it doesn't.

Winston would be wise to sign with a team like Pittsburgh or New England.