The Cowboys need to sign Jameis Winston

MLB53

Reaction score
Dak's contract situation will eventually be resolved, but the Boys would be wise to add Winston to the roster as a valuable insurance policy against injury or an extended holdout.

This would represent a win-win situation for the team and player. Something Rush & Thorson can't provide having only a combined three passing attempts of regular season experience.
No thanks

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Assumptions assumptions.

They make *******s out of you and me.

So..

I don't assume at all Rush can't play nor that he can't play well.

His first season he looked very competitive.

His next year everybody expected this huge improvement but like many players do, they have that sophomore jinx.

Now, the fact that McCarthy must have looked at him and approved his contract has to mean something is right.

Winston would be too expensive to sign. Plus I do not think he would come here unless Big Mike was going to open competition at QB.

That has not been discussed.

So until we see what's what..

we wait and consider the possibilities.
Wow, not a word about how Dak sucks. I’m shocked but appreciative.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I thought that was being nice?

I had Winston pegged during the draft that year when he was taken. Plenty of talent, but way too big of a head and not enough smarts. The guy just doesnt understand how to play the position and be a leader. He has pretty much turned out EXACTLY how I thought he would. A guy like that is the LAST guy you want backing up or even being your QB. There is NO hope.

With a backup you want a guy that can manage the game and win it for you. Not piss it away and lose it for you.

Exactly. The guy has proven time and again to be a knucklehead. Not to mention I prefer my backups to not throw so many interceptions.

nobody

Reaction score
It's obvious the Cowboys need a better backup. Dak had no business playing hurt in the second Philly game, but who did they play? A hurt guy over the backup. That means there was no confidence in the backup.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dak's contract situation will eventually be resolved, but the Boys would be wise to add Winston to the roster as a valuable insurance policy against injury or an extended holdout.

This would represent a win-win situation for the team and player. Something Rush & Thorson can't provide having only a combined three passing attempts of regular season experience.

he’d be a reclamation project.

Verdict

Reaction score

For the vet minimum? Yeah. Sounds ok.

Better option would be to draft Hurts in about the 3rd round if he lasts that long.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't want a high priced backup and neither does Dallas. Jones want 0 competition for the face of the franchise.

Merlin

Reaction score
no one wants to touch jamies Winston...he sucks. he is in his fifth year and he cant read a defense and still makes bad throws....and no its not because of his eyes, its because defenses easily fool him with their coverages...he is a failed experiment and he has ZERO leaderships skills....I will stop watching the cowboys if they sign Winston if they intend to replace Dak with Winston....ewww...

How does a guy that can't read defenses throw for 5000 yards and 30+ TDs? He makes bad throws but that might can probably be fixed. Dak isn't much better at reading defenses if he is at all. Dak played behind a much better offensive line with a better RB.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Draft Jalen Hurts.
He has enough talent not only to back up Dak. He could eventually replace him.
What keeps sticking around with a few guys I still speak with that have close ties is how much does Daks pending contract situation influence taking a QB high in this draft.
I keep hearing the same conversation with several different people.

kskboys

Reaction score
How does a guy that can't read defenses throw for 5000 yards and 30+ TDs? He makes bad throws but that might can probably be fixed. Dak isn't much better at reading defenses if he is at all. Dak played behind a much better offensive line with a better RB.
By tossing it up a lot and not worrying about the TO's. C'mon, this is basic basic stuff.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The arrogance of Dak slobberers is hilarious, let's pretend that Dak has not played every season of his career with All-Decade linemen and a first round pick running back. Le'ts pretend that Dak hasn't looked considerably worse than Winston when everything wasn't perfect. If Dak was drafted by a 2-14 Tampa Bay team he would already be out of the league for multiple seasons and out of the XFL now too.