The Cowboys need to sign Jameis Winston

dckid

Reaction score
Dak's contract situation will eventually be resolved, but the Boys would be wise to add Winston to the roster as a valuable insurance policy against injury or an extended holdout.

This would represent a win-win situation for the team and player. Something Rush & Thorson can't provide having only a combined three passing attempts of regular season experience.
I actually don't think its a bad idea. Winston is a very talented QB, but how do you deal with so many turnovers going into year 5.
-There are no starting QB spots for Winston. The 30/30 special he dropped last year was crazy. I know some portion of his numbers were inflated because he was always putting his team in a bad situation. The 30 int' are just inexcusable.
-He has better measurable's and skills than Dak, but no he is not the better QB. ( Relax you Dakaholics).
If I was him I would go to KC, NO, LAR to try an resurrect my career,especially the Rams. I would love to have him as a backup. Having someone of Winston's skills competing against Dak would end his off season participation questions.
I year 10 million aint bad. This way if Dak gets injured the season isnt a total waste.

CoachD

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to sign Jameis Winston.......
I was thinking the same thing the other day, he would be a very serviceable back up to Dak as long as he comes relatively cheap!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you like ball control.....you might take issue here. There'll be a lot of fumbles and ints. And they'll come at the silliest or most critical time. (not that there's ever a good time...but....you'll ask your self..."why jameis,,,why? There was literally nothing going on there!"

Now....if you can convince him to stay calm.....trust the whole team to win and not try to do it himself....you might be able to mange the turnovers. Take the pressure off of him. IN Dallas? Errr.....

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean the nice thing about signing Winston is that the defense will start getting INTs in practice and maybe that will translate over to the actual games.

LittleD

Reaction score
At times zoners need to think things through. Winston is looking for a starting job and there will be one before the season starts.
Why would he accept a backup QB money position when he might get another starting gig for starter money. Geez, wake up guys.
Backup QB's are backups for a reason. Winston has been an interception machine so he's out there for a reason. Pass!

Reaction score
Dak's contract situation will eventually be resolved, but the Boys would be wise to add Winston to the roster as a valuable insurance policy against injury or an extended holdout.

This would represent a win-win situation for the team and player. Something Rush & Thorson can't provide having only a combined three passing attempts of regular season experience.

Well, this would fix my complaint that our backups have always been too scared to throw the ball. Another bright-side is that he's not as mental as Cam "Scarf" Newton,,,, though that W eating thing is kinda disturbing too....

jnday

Reaction score
Cooper Rush might be the worst back-up QB in the NFL.
There is no way that you can say that with any amount of certainty. Rush has never took a snap during a regular season game. His lack of playing time falls directly on Garrett because there has been plenty of games where Rush could have played in the final minutes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, that would serve one purpose. Put that interception machine on the field and the Dakaters will go silent.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
idk about winston but i do find it weird & annoying that jerry and the front office does not seem to put any value in the back up qb position when they think of themself as a contender. (idc what anyone says about cooper rush or how he look in practice or w/e...if he has to play in anything but garbage time the season is over). backup qb can make or break the entire season for a "contender"...u need some one who is capable of winning games and keeping the season afloat if ur starter gets hurt!

This is one example that proves Jerry is not "all-in" on winning a SB. If he were, we would have addressed this position already. Jerry doesn't want to risk a 2nd stringer outperforming our cash cow under center in the event of injury.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Me looking at this thread title to make sure I got it right:

Jameis-Winston.jpg