The Cowboys should sign Keenum, and let Dak decide what to do next

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Keenum was set aside so that the Commanders could evaluate their rookie QB after Jay Gruden was fired.
If you're going to tell it, tell it right.
Then why did the Broncos decide to move on?

His best chance was in 2017 where the Vikings could have kept him yet decided not to.

kskboys

Reaction score
Actually, he is.
He ran an offense similar to the Ravens with Lamar Jackson. And he was successful.
Yeah, if depending on 59 yd FG's and open field fumbles from the other team is successful, sure!!!!!

I am amazed that you came back to a cluess thread to state more clueless stuff!!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Cowboys should get Case Keenum and give him a four year deal.
He would be an upgrade immediately, and at worst would solidify the Cowboys at quarterback if they do eventually sign Dak.
Phillip Rivers is also available, and is an upgrade.
Ryan Tannehill is available.
The Cowboys don't have to be in this soap opera with a guy who went 8-8 but wants to be paid like he is a proven winner.
Signing a veteran like Keenum- who has been a winner- would likely change Dak's attitude towards a new contract.
But I believe that the Cowboys would make it to the NFC Championship game next year with a guy like Keenum under center.
Your obsession with hatred for Dak is disturbing. Seek help.

leeblair

Reaction score
Then why did the Broncos decide to move on?

His best chance was in 2017 where the Vikings could have kept him yet decided not to.
The Broncos were in transition, and moved on from their head coach.
And I'd be willing to bet Zimmer would tell you that he wished he'd kept Keenum. They had to make a decision because Keenum was originally brought in as a backup, and Kirk Cousins became available.
Cousins did well in 2019, but the Vikings struggled with him in 2018 after going to the NFC Championship game with Keenum in 2017.
Anyone who knocks Keenum's ability doesn't know football.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I knew this thread would be unpopular but Keenum is my choice.
However, as noted there are several options and the Cowboys need a solid backup, so they would be only wise to go ahead and bring in solid competition for Dak.
He's never had to compete for his job, and any respectable quarterback would have done well behind the 2016 offensive line with Ezekiel Elliott running the ball.
But since then, Dak has gone 8-8 basically twice- with the Eagles resting their starters and allowing the Cowboys to get to nine wins, and 10-6 once.
In the weakest division in the NFL.
So the Cowboys NEED to bring in competition at quarterback.
All your threads are unpopular Troll.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys should get Case Keenum and give him a four year deal.
He would be an upgrade immediately, and at worst would solidify the Cowboys at quarterback if they do eventually sign Dak.
Phillip Rivers is also available, and is an upgrade.
Ryan Tannehill is available.
The Cowboys don't have to be in this soap opera with a guy who went 8-8 but wants to be paid like he is a proven winner.
Signing a veteran like Keenum- who has been a winner- would likely change Dak's attitude towards a new contract.
But I believe that the Cowboys would make it to the NFC Championship game next year with a guy like Keenum under center.
wttf? what does Keenum bring to the table? he has been let go at every stop, one place twice..... so do you think he is going to win you a championship?

are you about not paying Dak or are you about winning championship?

Hadenough

Reaction score
You don't let a top 10 QB go, regardless of cost, unless you have a Mahomes waiting in the wings. You just don't. You can win a SB with Dak. You might even win a SB because of Dak.
Case Keenum? Are we actively trying to get worse?
I have absolutely 0 faith Dak will ever get to the NFC championship game. He is too inconsistent!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
oh my god - look people, i'm not a huge dak fan but this current pop-fad crap of bringing in someone who's never done a thing as if they're just as good is idiotic and not helping your anti-dak arguments with anyone who graduated the 6th grade. with or without honors.
this guy is a troll. he always, always always picks a topic that most of the board disagree with him, takes it to the extreme, throws in something stupid and his goal is to get responses. that's it. he doesn't understand football. he is an alcoholic that seeks attention.

his other topics were....Tashard Choice was a better RB that Emmitt Smith. Kellen Moore was a HOF type QB and better than Romo!....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Now I know you are just a troll that functions for shock value only.

I guess it brings you pleasure to get attention, any attention.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL. oh, we know him from a previous board....this is going to go on for years...

he picks something very controversial. adds something stupid to it and looks and loves people responding. he never responds to any posts that present facts. when he is really drunk he get confrontational and starts name calling. this is the 2nd of 1892 threads he is going to start on this topic....he knows we are going to sign Dak, so he picked this topic, because it gives him something to argue about for the next 4 years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Keenum was set aside so that the Commanders could evaluate their rookie QB after Jay Gruden was fired.
and keenum is going to get cut.....so he was worse than a bad rookie QB....great job of choosing QBs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Broncos were in transition, and moved on from their head coach.
And I'd be willing to bet Zimmer would tell you that he wished he'd kept Keenum. They had to make a decision because Keenum was originally brought in as a backup, and Kirk Cousins became available.
Cousins did well in 2019, but the Vikings struggled with him in 2018 after going to the NFC Championship game with Keenum in 2017.
anyone who thinks keenum has football ability doesn't know football

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Hey grade schooler if Keenum was that good he wouldn't gotten benched for a rookie. They would have just waited until the 2020 preseason to see Haskins if they didn't know. They obviously knew he was better than Keenum or they wouldn't have started him for 1 game short of the second half of the season if they were just looking. Also why is Haskins lasted as the starter and Keenum as his backup now today?

There is a HUGE difference in what you think is the truth and what reality is.

leeblair

Reaction score
Your obsession with hatred for Dak is disturbing. Seek help.
I don't hate Dak. I would be thrilled if he was "the guy".
But he is the same quarterback he was in college- he chokes under pressure.
And he was never made to earn his spot after Moore got hurt.
But Dak Prescott is Kellen Moore's most adamant supporter when it comes to coaching, because he knew that Moore is the better quarterback when it
Hey grade schooler if Keenum was that good he wouldn't gotten benched for a rookie. They would have just waited until the 2020 preseason to see Haskins if they didn't know. They obviously knew he was better than Keenum or they wouldn't have started him for 1 game short of the second half of the season if they were just looking. Also why is Haskins lasted as the starter and Keenum as his backup now today?

There is a HUGE difference in what you think is the truth and what reality is.
Like when the Giants benched Kurt Warner to let Eli Manning play?
You can take the easy way out and blame Keenum for everything-including global warming- or you can tell the truth.
Keenum was playing for the Commanders; he was keeping a failing franchise as competitive as he could, but they all knew Gruden was on his way out the door.
If you want to blame the Commanders woes on Keenum, then go to another thread. If you want to honestly talk football, you have to acknowledge that Keenum has accomplished more than Dak over the past 4 years and has dealt with a lot more adversity.
So that alone shows that he is better.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't hate Dak. I would be thrilled if he was "the guy".
But he is the same quarterback he was in college- he chokes under pressure.
And he was never made to earn his spot after Moore got hurt.
But Dak Prescott is Kellen Moore's most adamant supporter when it comes to coaching, because he knew that Moore is the better quarterback when it

Like when the Giants benched Kurt Warner to let Eli Manning play?
You can take the easy way out and blame Keenum for everything-including global warming- or you can tell the truth.
Keenum was playing for the Commanders; he was keeping a failing franchise as competitive as he could, but they all knew Gruden was on his way out the door.
If you want to blame the Commanders woes on Keenum, then go to another thread. If you want to honestly talk football, you have to acknowledge that Keenum has accomplished more than Dak over the past 4 years and has dealt with a lot more adversity.
So that alone shows that he is better.
Nah.
You're rotten apples.
Me no likey.