The "Dak can't throw the deep pass" myth

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t hate Dak but I’d say it shows that Dak has a high rating when he throws deep passes in the fourth quarter over the last ten years with a minimum of 60 attempts. It’s an obscure stat that focuses on maybe 2% of playing QB.

Its disproves another dumb claim from the Dakettes/petty trolls.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don’t hate Dak but I’d say it shows that Dak has a high rating when he throws deep passes in the fourth quarter over the last ten years with a minimum of 60 attempts. It’s an obscure stat that focuses on maybe 2% of playing QB.

Technically— the 4th quarter makes up 25% of the playing time of a QB— and arguably the most important 25% as many games in the parity driven NFL come down to being won in the 4th qtr.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So we'll be playing a QB with a better long ball? That's okay, our game is controlling the time of possession with long methodic drives. Plus our secondary is better than the average secondary at limiting the long ball.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Like it or not, Dak is very selective about when he’ll risk throwing deeper.
Extremely so.

In any case, the stat shows that so far in his career, when he does finally take the risk in these very specific situations, he has been more sucessful than most.
Thats a good thing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Like it or not, Dak is very selective about when he’ll risk throwing deeper.
Extremely so.

In any case, the stat shows that so far in his career, when he does finally take the risk these very specific situations, he has been been more sucessful than most.
Thats a good thing.

I agree. For me I would like to see better production with the intermediate throws and I think Dak is still tends to be late on those throws, often leading to ball sailing on him. Would like to see the ball released as the WR is about to come out of his break as opposed to throwing after he has come out of the break. When he does that it also allows the DB to catch up and easier to make a play on the ball.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Whoever claims to be a Cowboys fan but gets off on Dak failing has some personal issues..

Probably the same type of issues his jock sniffers have...

Just do what normal fans do, love him in the good and hate him in the bad..

Either way, tell me which starting QB is coming to improve the position in the off-season... oh, so pretty much nobody...

At least he’ll keep getting older, slower, and weaker.... but he’ll be wiser.... mwuhahahahaha!!

Go Cowboys !

cde36488a81658376f92a049dc9a344a--dallas-cowboys-funny-cowboys-eagles.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How do your explain this stat?

Seems pretty good to me.

44.... Wince

well, I guess throwing 2 deep balls every other game and making one ofthem helps. and this also takes into account YAC, like the pass to cooper he took to the house, twice....

instead of ratings like this you should look at his stats for balls thrown 0-10, 10-20, 20-30 and 30+ yards to see how he really does....

all these ratings stats you keep pushing on Dak, still doesn't make him a good QB, when he throws at 75% rate, but only for 150 yards...... they call these type of QBs stat collectors, with their dink and dunk approach to the game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fix the blocking and this offense will be right back to 2016. Could even better with more changes.
fix the blocking, get him a #1 WR, get him a #1 RB, get him a #1 TE and a new coach and Dak is going to be good..sounds like he needs a lotof help just to reach average......and given all those resources.....then again, I can run that offense and be at least average.

JMech

Reaction score

You'll rationalize any stat to fit your perception of reality.

:hammer: