The Dak Prescott 16

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I give you the Dak Six (insert hyper color text).

QB's since 2000 that have won offensive rookie of the year.

2004 - Ben Roethlisberger
2006 - Vince Young
2008 - Matt Ryan
2010 - Sam Bradford
2011 - Cam Newton
2012 - RG3

On that list, those who have more than one Pro-Bowl (as Dak has)
Vince Young
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton

Wow Dak is in great company. Is this how the analysis works?

5 of 6 ringless, 3 of 6 busted altogether. Was that the point?

0-16.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know Eagles Fan created this thread but blaming those losses solely on the refs is lame. The Cowboys were sleep walking the first 20 minutes of the 2016 loss and fell behind 21-3 as a result. Even after coming back to tie it the defense gave up a ridiculous pass to Cook to set up the game winner - oh I know, non-called holding, the bane of the Cowboys existence.

The 2014 loss infamously had the end of the first half mismanagement, and who can forget Murray's fumble as the defense was parted like the Red Sea in the 3rd? Then even after the Dez play the defense could've gotten the ball back, but they never got off the field. But "the refs", nothing else. Okay.
Go rewatch all of the 2016 playoff game to GB. All of it. Rewatch how those crooked officials set the Cowboys back all of the 1st half and parts of the 2nd half, including the last pass Rodgers made. Terribly obvious the officials were in the tank for GB. You're simply a denier since the truth doesn't fit your agenda. You can't handle the truth.

sean10mm

Reaction score
This is kind of a perfect "that's now how statistic work lmao" post.

The problem is none of the factors being correlated actually CAUSE anything, really. You can correlate the number of gray hairs in my beard over time to everything from the price of helium to the total number of Marvel movies made, but it doesn't have any real meaning except "time passed." Being drafted outside the top 32 makes you a loser, except for all the times it didn't. Cowboys fans harping on First Round Quarterback Draft Pedigree when the all-time franchise hero is 122nd overall pick Roger Staubach is also just kind of funny on its face.

The biggest issue though is that good QBs are basically always outliers by definition, because almost all QBs bust, including high draft picks. Especially if we're calling everyone who doesn't win a Super Bowl a bust.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Go rewatch all of the 2016 playoff game to GB. All of it. Rewatch how those crooked officials set the Cowboys back all of the 1st half and parts of the 2nd half, including the last pass Rodgers made. Terribly obvious the officials were in the tank for GB. You're simply a denier since the truth doesn't fit your agenda. You can't handle the truth.

Why do you even still root for the cowboys if you know the league won’t ever let them win again?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I give you the Dak Six (insert hyper color text).

QB's since 2000 that have won offensive rookie of the year.

2004 - Ben Roethlisberger
2006 - Vince Young
2008 - Matt Ryan
2010 - Sam Bradford
2011 - Cam Newton
2012 - RG3

On that list, those who have more than one Pro-Bowl (as Dak has)
Vince Young
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton

Wow Dak is in great company. Is this how the analysis works?
That’s a great example of how to frame an argument to support an opinion.

But that list has some flaws as well with Young, Griffin and Bradford. All who fizzled out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why do you even still root for the cowboys if you know the league won’t ever let them win again?
Why do you care? Plus, why do you keep dwelling and posting in a Cowboys forum website, pretending as if you care, instead of sticking to your philthy team's forum website?

HungryLion

Reaction score
5 of 6 ringless, 3 of 6 busted altogether. Was that the point?

0-16.

The league is riddled with great players who never win a title, through no fault of their own. Because football is the ultimate team sport. I mean individual players aren’t even on the field half the time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I usually don't worry about officials but the 2016 game was the worst game I've ever seen officiated. There were 3 calls that were absolute bogus that directly affected points being scored or negated in favor of GB

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, those conspiracy theories are lame.

Dak played a pretty solid playoff game . Started slow but finished strong. Rodgers just made a heroic play to set up winning FG.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s a great example of how to frame an argument to support an opinion.

But that list has some flaws as well with Young, Griffin and Bradford. All who fizzled out.

I think it’s obvious the poster knows that it’s a great example of framing an argument to support an opinion, but did so just to highlight the fact that, the OP did the exact same thing.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The last number one overall pick at QB to win a Super Bowl was Eli Manning, drafted in 2004.

Any set of categories you filter quarterbacks by is going to give you a list that mostly contains busts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I usually don't worry about officials but the 2016 game was the worst game I've ever seen officiated. There were 3 calls that were absolute bogus that directly affected points being scored or negated in favor of GB
So obviously true, bro. It's all on tape, but we still get deniers even when the tape clearly proves them wrong.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Dak played a pretty solid playoff game . Started slow but finished strong. Rodgers just made a heroic play to set up winning FG.

To be honest. I will always ask myself how he didn’t fumble the ball when Heath sacked him.

He was holding the ball with one hand, got absolutely drilled from the blind side, and still held onto the ball. Absolutely incredible.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
To be honest. I will always ask myself how he didn’t fumble the ball when Heath sacked him.

He was holding the ball with one hand, got absolutely drilled from the blind side, and still held onto the ball. Absolutely incredible.
because heath didn't swipe at the ball. heath could have been a legend. That's been the M.O. of this team. no playmakers on the team

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it’s obvious the poster knows that it’s a great example of framing an argument to support an opinion, but did so just to highlight the fact that, the OP did the exact same thing.
Exactly and I think the OP did a good job of it. Not sure why those who oppose it would give this thread legs?

Because it comes off like the Dak groupies. Kinda reminds me of the old Romo groupies. Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

HAHAHA!!!! Seriously, Greg? Wow, your lovefest of Aaron Rodgers is in full display.

Now, explain to us WHY Aaron Rodgers was able to scramble left outside the pocket with a gimpy ankle and have the time needed to get off such a pass?

Oh wait... it doesn't fit your narrative, does it? One can't say the whole facts without admitting the crooked officials helped out Rodgers and the Packers, huh?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Large hands. Our wives would love him. Lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The last number one overall pick at QB to win a Super Bowl was Eli Manning, drafted in 2004.

Any set of categories you filter quarterbacks by is going to give you a list that mostly contains busts.

Mostly, but not every time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
HAHAHA!!!! Seriously, Greg? Wow, your lovefest of Aaron Rodgers is in full display.

Now, explain to us WHY Aaron Rodgers was able to scramble left outside the pocket with a gimpy ankle and have the time needed to get off such a pass?

Oh wait... it doesn't fit your narrative, does it? One can't say the whole facts without admitting the crooked officials helped out Rodgers and the Packers, huh?
Na, I’ve never thought there was poor officiating. That’s just sour grapes.

And if we’re looking for blame then it goes on our defense for allowing Rodgers the time. But that’s what HOF talent does for you. He extends the play.

Face it AC. You’ve become like those old Romo groupies with Dak. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
because heath didn't swipe at the ball. heath could have been a legend. That's been the M.O. of this team. no playmakers on the team
Yea, our defense blew it on 3rd and 20. You just can’t give that play up. But Rodgers deserves his credit as well. He’s a generational talent.

If he was surrounded with our supporting cast we’d be playing for championships.