The Dak Thread **merged**

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't even waste time on Mike White or Cooper Rush. No reason on getting them killed out there or kill their confidence. Let Dak ride this out. Its not his fault his receivers are the worst in the league and his play calling is the worst in the league.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If the Houston game is an indication, bring in a better QB and you mostly fix the offense. Prescott had protection, the play-call was good enough or the receivers were open enough to make plays against the Texans' secondary. Missed opportunities kept us from controlling the game.

Unless we play even more poorly, I agree that it will be hard to find a stud rookie QB with our pick, so we would have to either trade up or try something else. That's why I want to try Mike White. Spectacular failure means an earlier draft pick. Spectacular find means we don't have to use a first-round pick on a QB.

Dak isn't the answer no matter what else we need to do with the offense. I thought there was a possibility that he might develop into the answer, but I no longer see reason to believe that.

It was Zeke and the OLine that couldn't get 1 yard on 3rd and 1 in overtime, not Dak. It was Garrett that didn't go for it on 4th down. It was the defense that let them walk down the field to kick the winning FG.

You want to try again? Or maybe it was Zekes 50 yards on 20 carries that was so outstanding? LOL

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It was Zeke and the OLine that couldn't get 1 yard on 3rd and 1 in overtime, not Dak. It was Garrett that didn't go for it on 4th down. It was the defense that let them walk down the field to kick the winning FG.

You want to try again? Or maybe it was Zekes 50 yards on 20 carries that was so outstanding? LOL

So do you blame them for Prescott overthrowing Austin, throwing low to Thompson, throwing behind Thompson for the other interception, throwing high to Austin on the sideline and underthrowing Gathers. Good throws on several of those plays would have led to points that would have made the rest meaningless.

A franchise quarterback makes those throws and the team wins despite Zeke not having a great day, without fourth-and-1 being necessary and with the defense not having to have a letdown in overtime.

Can you seriously say we would not have won with better quarterback play? If Dak had done all that a good quarterback should be expected to do and we failed, then it would be all on the ones who caused us to fail.

Dak caused us to fail Sunday night because with a throws that he should have made, Zeke's rushing performance wouldn't have matter, poor coaching decisions wouldn't have mattered and a defensive letdown wouldn't have mattered.

A game that comes to mind was Dallas vs. Denver when each offense took turns beating the other team's defense. I remember some fans actually blaming Romo for that loss, overlooking how many chances he gave us to win. The defense made stand after stand to give us plenty of chances to beat Houston on Sunday. It was not the reason we lost; Dak was.

It's a team game, so more than one player had moments of failure, but when everyone else gets a play right and you miss the big throw, that blame lands squarely on you. Prescott missed several that he just has to make.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
melon-speak is too tough for many to digest
putty prefers simple sentence structure
Ha!,,,and being a mite Lame in yer' Brain ,,, SIMPLE is the mandatory running gear fer' yer' cypheratin' casing-liner,,, o_O *pack that in yer' poke sack of PUTTYISM's Pal!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

** you just grew up on the wong side of the river,Bro!,,, I'm trying to get you Cowboy style integrated ,ya-know:starspin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
So do you blame them for Prescott overthrowing Austin, throwing low to Thompson, throwing behind Thompson for the other interception, throwing high to Austin on the sideline and underthrowing Gathers. Good throws on several of those plays would have led to points that would have made the rest meaningless.

A franchise quarterback makes those throws and the team wins despite Zeke not having a great day, without fourth-and-1 being necessary and with the defense not having to have a letdown in overtime.

Can you seriously say we would not have won with better quarterback play? If Dak had done all that a good quarterback should be expected to do and we failed, then it would be all on the ones who caused us to fail.

Dak caused us to fail Sunday night because with a throws that he should have made, Zeke's rushing performance wouldn't have matter, poor coaching decisions wouldn't have mattered and a defensive letdown wouldn't have mattered.

A game that comes to mind was Dallas vs. Denver when each offense took turns beating the other team's defense. I remember some fans actually blaming Romo for that loss, overlooking how many chances he gave us to win. The defense made stand after stand to give us plenty of chances to beat Houston on Sunday. It was not the reason we lost; Dak was.

It's a team game, so more than one player had moments of failure, but when everyone else gets a play right and you miss the big throw, that blame lands squarely on you. Prescott missed several that he just has to make.
I can COPY all THAT Gimme-6,,, But,,,Man Alive, was OUR 'O' LINE ever looking PERFERATED&POROUS?,,,prolly as bad Looking as that last Airplane ADMIRAL YAMAMOTO flamed out in,,, We looked horridly atrocious on several series WHEN Houston sent the heat& even WHEN they didn'to_O

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

Agreed. Until Dak is consistently scoring and the passing game is top 15 in the league, he is a large part of the problem.

waldoputty

Reaction score
@Melonfeud gets sliced and diced -can't go one on one with Great One _PUTTY :hammer::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

dd - this brand of melon not worth slicing...
it is of the inferior bitter type u can identify from the wrinkled skin
bitter as in the results of the garrett coaching experience
Chinese-Bitter-Melon-Salad-1.jpg

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ha!,,,and being a mite Lame in yer' Brain ,,, SIMPLE is the mandatory running gear fer' yer' cypheratin' casing-liner,,, o_O *pack that in yer' poke sack of PUTTYISM's Pal!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

** you just grew up on the wong side of the river,Bro!,,, I'm trying to get you Cowboy style integrated ,ya-know:starspin:

puttyism makes everything easy for all to understand.
melon speak is like garrett game plan, out of date requiring complete replacement and system flush

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I can COPY all THAT Gimme-6,,, But,,,Man Alive, was OUR 'O' LINE ever looking PERFERATED&POROUS?,,,prolly as bad Looking as that last Airplane ADMIRAL YAMAMOTO flamed out in,,, We looked horridly atrocious on several series WHEN Houston sent the heat& even WHEN they didn'to_O

And I don't blame Dak for a single one of those times.

This is often our source of disagreement about the quarterback position. A lot of fans blame him no matter what. Frankly, it's why I've taken a wait-and-see approach. Yes, there were some flaws in Dak's technique as a rookie, but anyone who says he didn't have a ridiculously good season for a rookie is in denial. The next year it went more downhill than was expected, but many of the issues were caused by other components of the offense. Still, these breakdowns exposed more flaws in Dak's game when he did have time but was hearing footsteps or whatever. Dak was rightfully critical of his own play and promised to do better. However, we're seeing the same inconsistency issues from him that plagued him last year, and they actually seem to be worse.

We can't judge a quarterback on plays where the pressure is on top of him and he can't step into throw, etc. (DeShaun Watson threw a terrible interception because he had defenders in his face.) We can't judge a quarterback either on moments where they do something extraordinary. We have to judge them on the moments when they simply should get the job done, and there have been too many moments where Dak isn't, where a receiver is open, where the blocking is good enough and Dak just misses a throw he has to make.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Blame everybody pal. That's the difference between me and you. I see reality. This team sucks under Garrett. Everyone on offense accept Zeke is pretty much a joke.