News: The Dallas Cowboys are in love with Kyle Pitts and have spoken to him already

ShortRound

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/kyle-pitts-to-dallas-cowboys-jones-talking-to-gator-te

According to multiple reports, the Cowboys have fallen in love with Florida tight end Kyle Pitts. Then again, who hasn't at this point in the draft process.

The former Gator is a unicorn prospect who can do a little bit of everything. A solid in-line blocker with the ability to make stellar catches on the perimeter, line him up anywhere and watch Pitts play.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Trading up for Pitts scares the hell out of me. First, We’ll be ignoring the defensive woes and likely giving up valuable draft capital to move. That’s two top 100 picks that won’t be used on defense.

I know, I know.. Pitts is considered a generational talent.. But currently our defense is considered laughable. I’m not saying I’m against drafting Pitts.. I’m just saying..if he falls to 10, draft him if that makes folks happy. But the rest of the draft should concentrate on defense.

I won’t be mad if we draft Pitts and I’m sure many will be elated.. but if that happens.. be prepared for another poor defense this year.

I suppose I’m old school. As much as I like offense, I still believe defense wins championships.. exp in January.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Shoot. If you think he’s a Calvin Johnson like I do, you absolutely consider trading up for him.

I absolutely disagree. If he falls to us, then he's probably going to easily be the best available player and I can't blame the team for not passing on him. Otherwise, we need defense, defense, defense. And giving up extra picks to get Pitts is not going to get that for us.

Sure, he may be a generational talent, but we had a Hall of Famer roaming the field at that position for years and that still didn't get us to the Super Bowl because our defense was subpar.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I absolutely disagree. If he falls to us, then he's probably going to easily be the best available player and I can't blame the team for not passing on him. Otherwise, we need defense, defense, defense. And giving up extra picks to get Pitts is not going to get that for us.

Sure, he may be a generational talent, but we had a Hall of Famer roaming the field at that position for years and that still didn't get us to the Super Bowl because our defense was subpar.

That Denver shootout comes to mind, where we let Peyton Manning score his only run in TD in his career and we gave up like 50 points.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score

Problem is this draft sucks sucks sucks for anything outside of solid semi-starting and good backup defensive talent. I am racking my brain to figure out how they would get an actual impact FS that generates turnovers. Who is the best DT in this draft-Barmore? He isn't an end-all solution. Only plus I see is that LBer is best potential for a game changing starter.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I wouldn't jump to 4. Right now, the Falcons are entertaining calls from teams wanting a QB, which way inflates the price. No way would I want to give up next years first, plus this year's 2nd. If he falls to 7, which we might get with a third, I might be ok with.

If we do jump up to get him, Jerry needs to redo Coopers deal and get some impact defensive players.

bewp7

Reaction score
gross

if he fall to you at 10 great or even like trade up to 8 or what ever but u would probly have to pay qb premium price to move up to 4 to get him and that would be dumb. hope jerry does not love him that much. a little love is ok.

jnday

Reaction score
Trading up for Pitts scares the hell out of me. First, We’ll be ignoring the defensive woes and likely giving up valuable draft capital to move. That’s two top 100 picks that won’t be used on defense.

I know, I know.. Pitts is considered a generational talent.. But currently our defense is considered laughable. I’m not saying I’m against drafting Pitts.. I’m just saying..if he falls to 10, draft him if that makes folks happy. But the rest of the draft should concentrate on defense.

I won’t be mad if we draft Pitts and I’m sure many will be elated.. but if that happens.. be prepared for another poor defense this year.

I suppose I’m old school. As much as I like offense, I still believe defense wins championships.. exp in January.
Be prepared for another poor defense anyway. There is not a defensive player in the draft that is going to have a big impact in their rookie year. You can call it bad luck , but this is not an elite class of defensive draftees. At best, they might draft a solid long-term starter with the 10th pick. I honestly don’t care if they go after Pitts or pick a defensive player. It looks doubtful for this draft class to have much of an impact on the defense in their rookie year or there 2nd year with the team. If they take Pitts, it will not hurt the defense or make them any worse than they was already going to be. Free agency would have been the only way to improve the defense in the coming season and Dallas don’t sign FAs that are difference makers.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I wouldn't jump to 4. Right now, the Falcons are entertaining calls from teams wanting a QB, which way inflates the price. No way would I want to give up next years first, plus this year's 2nd. If he falls to 7, which we might get with a third, I might be ok with.

If we do jump up to get him, Jerry needs to redo Coopers deal and get some impact defensive players.
You wont have to give up that much

A few years ago, the Bills went from 9 to 4 for Sammy Watkins and only gave up a future 1 and 4th

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Problem is this draft sucks sucks sucks for anything outside of solid semi-starting and good backup defensive talent. I am racking my brain to figure out how they would get an actual impact FS that generates turnovers. Who is the best DT in this draft-Barmore? He isn't an end-all solution. Only plus I see is that LBer is best potential for a game changing starter.

I think if we stay put, the choice is probably going to be Surtain or Horn at corner. If we drop down, it could be Moehrig, Barmore or one of the linebackers. I believe Pitts will be gone, along with several quarterbacks, Chase and Sewell, probably Devonta Smith too.

Our choice will either come down to Parsons, Surtain or Horn IMO, with probably one or two of them gone. If Pitts, Sewell or Chase fall to us, it would be difficult for me to pass on them for the defensive talent. However, with our defensive needs, I would not blame the Cowboys for taking Surtain or Horn instead. I would blame them for not picking up a veteran corner so they aren't forced into that decision.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Would a hall of famer CB shave won us a super bowl during that timeframe? Probably not. And a CB is what we’ll get if we don’t take Pitts at 10.