The Dallas Cowboys organization do not owe Prescott or his family anything

D4KADON

Reaction score
There's this narrative that's being spun that this organization is greedy because it did not pay Prescott. What a load of bollocks! History has said that the jones family tends to overpay its players in the long run. That narrative is absolutely confusing me. History dictates the exact opposite here!

The other part of that argument is that Prescott was virtually cheap his first 3 years as a starter. Well, yeah, he was a 4th round pick. I hate to sound like a jerk, but 31 other teams passed on Dak 4 full rounds until he made he was to Dallas. Also Dallas did select him and did take a leap of faith on him just as he played for "cheaps". That's just the nature of where and when he was selected, which Dallas had literally no control over.

The "Tad Prescott" tweet really rubbed me off the wrong way because it's just childish. This team HAS invested in Prescott in the long term, long run

-They did NOT go back to Romo in 2016 when he was fully healthy, which I don't care what anyone says would've made it a better team. They stood by Prescott

-They did put pieces like Amari Cooper in place so he and the team could find success because he wasn't able to enhance the skillset of Terrance Williams, Gallup, Tavon Austin, hence the cooper trade

-They DID offer Prescott a long term deal, which would've made him the second highest qb in the NFL, which is ridiculous in my mind.

-Finally, the jonses have pretty much said they do want Prescott here but as long as it doesn't cripple the organization. That's fair. That is good business.

When 2016 came, I was infatuated by the Prescott story about his family and his struggles. However, i learned quickly here is that while that narrative does sound like a fairy tale story, I know that at the heart, millions of dollars can change a narrative fast. The more this stretches out, the more this reflects negatively on the player and the family. There's absolutely no reason to react that way because this team took a chance on the player and they do want him in the long run. The odds are very low if he would've been selected like somewhere in Miami, Washington that he would've found the same success.

As fans, don't buy into it! I strongly believe if Prescott wants to play here, he will take the deal that is reasonable to both parties. That's business. If this doesn't get done, this is on his foolishness and his agent. Don't let the media or some butthurt tweet by a family member sway you otherwise.

Last edited:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
There's this narrative that's being spun that this organization is greedy because it did not pay Prescott. What a load of bollocks! History has said that the jones family tends to overpay its players in the long run. That narrative is absolutely confusing me. History dictates the exact opposite here!

The other part of that argument is that Prescott was virtually cheap his first 3 years as a starter. Well, yeah, he was a 4th round pick. I hate to sound like a jerk, but 31 other teams passed on Dak 4 full rounds until he made he was to Dallas. Also Dallas did select him and did take a leap of faith on him just as he played for "cheaps". That's just the nature of where and when he was selected, which Dallas had literally no control over.

The "Tad Prescott" tweet really rubbed me off the wrong way because it's just childish. This team HAS invested in Prescott in the long term, long run

-They did NOT go back to Romo in 2016 when he was fully healthy, which I don't care what anyone says would've made it a better team. They stood by Prescott

-They did put pieces like Amari Cooper in place so he and the team could find success because he wasn't able to enhance the skillset of Terrance Williams, Dez Bryant, Tavon Austin, hence the cooper trade

-They DID offer Prescott a long term deal, which would've made him the second highest qb in the NFL, which is ridiculous in my mind.

-Finally, the jonses have pretty much said they do want Prescott here but as long as it doesn't cripple the organization. That's fair. That is good business.

When 2016 came, I was infatuated by the Prescott story about his family and his struggles. However, i learned quickly here is that while that narrative does sound like a fairy tale story, I know that at the heart, millions of dollars can change a narrative fast. The more this stretches out, the more this reflects negatively on the player and the family. There's absolutely no reason to react that way because this team took a chance on the player and they do want him in the long run. The odds are very low if he would've been selected like somewhere in Miami, Washington that he would've found the same success.

As fans, don't buy into it! I strongly believe if Prescott wants to play here, he will take the deal that is reasonable to both parties. That's business. If this doesn't get done, this is on his foolishness and his agent. Don't let the media or some butthurt tweet by a family member sway you otherwise.

Jerry and Dallas needs to keep their mouth shut about contracts this season. After a SB win and SB MVP Dak is going to squeeze Jerry for every single dollars and make him take a deal he didn’t win. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak couldn't "endure" Terrance Williams, Dez Bryant, Tavon Austin???

He went 13-3 with two of those three players on the roster.
Since then neither player has made an NFL catch anywhere.
Tavon Austin was never above WR4 here or in LA.

Are you mentally challenged in some way?? Or just a butt hurt Romo-stan that couldn't accept he wasn't healthy enough to EVER be relied upon again as a full-time starter.

D4KADON

Reaction score

Are you mentally challenged in some way?? Or just a butt hurt Romo-stan that couldn't accept he wasn't healthy enough to EVER be relied upon again as a full-time starter.

Ok first of all, if i'm going to have an adult conversation with you, stop with the childish antics/vocabulary. I can communicate with you in a reasonable way if you want meaningful conversation. It's almost ironic that you refer to my post as "butthurt" when it's your post that seems to have such disdain and emotion to your post.

As for your post, I am referring to the 2018 year without Bryant in which we traded cooper. My. mistake was including Bryant. I will edit that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said they owe him anything but what he's got coming? He played on a rookie 4th round contract but he did parlay that into some nice endorsement money. He was offered an extension last season and passed on that and bet on himself. He's betting on himself again this season.

They owe him only what he's got coming and he owes them his best effort. That is all anyone is owed.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who cares what “the narrative” on ESPN or twitter is?

I mean honestly. We already know ESPN likes to talk every topic to death particularly now when there’s no live sports.

It doesn’t matter.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak had a fair offer in front of him he wanted to sign at the end but ran out of time. They are on the same page. Price goes up next year and he has to answer the call. He does that and we will all be happy.

D4KADON

Reaction score

hurt Romo-stan that couldn't accept he wasn't healthy enough to EVER be relied upon again as a full-time starter.

Also this post makes no sense whatsoever because I like both Romo and Prescott(Yes, it is possible). I don't feel like I need to act like some middle schooler to choose between the two. I am a fan of both. I do want Prescott as our starter in the long run but at the right price and time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh the boomer mentality in full effect here. Imagine being this self centered and then calling yourself a patriot. :facepalm:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Also this post makes no sense whatsoever because I like both Romo and Prescott(Yes, it is possible). I don't feel like I need to act like some middle schooler to choose between the two. I am a fan of both. I do want Prescott as our starter in the long run but at the right price and time.
The right time to sign him was 2 years ago and then a year ago and then a week ago.
He is your starter regardless of what anyone else wants or thinks but signing him long term now just costs more money which is why it sucks that it is unsettled.

Anyone that is fan of both Romo and Prescott realize Romo was great but had serious back concerns and wasn't practicing half the week for a few years.
Dallas was paying him elite QB money and he wasn't healthy and they know because they have his back history and MRI images.
He's the highest paid in the NFL game-casting biz and everyone should be happy for him. He gave Dallas what he had but like Troy before him injury dictated a move.

The org failed Romo by refusing to hire a real coach after Parcells. The same issue has befallen Dak until now.
Romo lived through Garrett's growing pains.
Dak got the dated version with no ingenuity on offense or defense.

I truly believe 2020 will be different and then the salary cap cost is going to be stupid and the team is left asking nicely for friendly contract structure after being jerks about it for 2+ years.

Dallas has the 6th best SB odds. So if they perform as Vegas says they are a couple rounds deep into the playoffs and the cost for Dak goes up. Outperform that slightly (final 4) and they are in the Conference Finals and price is going up a lot. Get to a SB and it's going to be Pat Mahomes 45M AAV numbers.Win a SB and it's top Mahomes and his numbers.

This was just very bad business for a team that derives itself on being good businessmen above all else.
As Jeff Cavanaugh pointed out, it is just math.

As for the brother thing... of course the brother takes it seriously and go insulted.
They don't know if the guy is here for a year and then gone or if the guy can build his forever home.
It's a very big deal for those close to Dak... especially after losing your mom and older brother and with little family left.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

-They did put pieces like Amari Cooper in place so he and the team could find success because he wasn't able to enhance the skillset of Terrance Williams, Gallup, Tavon Austin, hence the cooper trade

I bathe in your Prescott hate.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said they owe him anything but what he's got coming? He played on a rookie 4th round contract but he did parlay that into some nice endorsement money. He was offered an extension last season and passed on that and bet on himself. He's betting on himself again this season.

They owe him only what he's got coming and he owes them his best effort. That is all anyone is owed.
:hammer:
I wish this post could end the endless Dak threads, but I know it won't. lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

He went 13-3 with two of those three players on the roster.
Since then neither player has made an NFL catch anywhere.
Tavon Austin was never above WR4 here or in LA.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::clap::clap::clap:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I don’t know what it is about the cba, but I hate all of it. It’s total BS that where you get drafted means how much money you get. Just throwing it out there, what’s wrong with paying players based on how much they play or something that has to do with football.

A 10year vet playing all 16 games contributes just as much as a rookie QB playing all 16. If they don’t play we’ll bench them. I’m sure it wouldn’t be that simple but you get the idea.

I say Dak should have been getting paid starter money the past 4 years, so yea they do owe him....if they don’t want to pay let him play for someone else. The rookie cap and salary cap, all these big agents, just pay based on play.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
They do not owe him anything but by extension neither does he. He already was playing at a discounted rate for the past 4 years compared to his peers so I understand why is he not willing to do that for another 4 years.