The Dallas Cowboys should go all-in for safety Jamal Adams

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CCBoy, Apr 4, 2020.

1. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

15,209 Messages
    9,897 Likes Received
    Nobody is arguing against this. You can't just turn the cap off..you can't have as many picks as you want...but we absolutely can afford adams...is it the smartest use of that money? To each their own, I guess

2. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

15,421 Messages
    11,025 Likes Received
    no way it was 2 1sts to star and more..no one bit because of it if that all they wanted wouldn't have many teams did this 2 2s deal? why none?think? they saw what the rams over paid for Ramsey and they wanted MORE..

3. blueblood70

15,421 Messages
    11,025 Likes Received
    No way I give up Gallup in a trade right now.. hes a 1b and dak sorely needs weapons, the best if Gallup is coming..he will be a frontline starter soon..you cant weaken on area of the team trying to bolter another.. draft picks yes , Maybe they take Tank and a 2 id do that :)) trading a big contract for another , yes , grab a DE at 17 and you most likely have Gregory/Smith on the other side etc

4. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

10,535 Messages
    6,750 Likes Received
    it was a 1st and 2 2's. go read David Moore's article in DMN. the jets were also negotiating with Baltimore at the same time.

5. blueblood70

15,421 Messages
    11,025 Likes Received
    you said just 2 2s I know they wanted A LOT and why hes still a jet..not one team of 31 thought he was worth that..

6. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

18,808 Messages
    16,934 Likes Received
    The Adams thing is a nonstarter for MM, I promise you all that. He has a plan. Lets hope JERRAH and Stevie let him see it thru.

jjktkk likes this.
  7. weaver21

weaver21 Well-Known Member

1,020 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I would most definitely give up the #17 pick for Adams. The dude is a game changer and would instantly be our best safety since Woodson. I don't know, maybe I'm just desperate for a Super Bowl, but I truly believe a safety like Adams would take our defense to another level. I'll think of the ramifications down the road, but I'm taking the chance right now. I understand wanting the draft picks, but I feel like a problem for the Cowboys for a long time is that Jerry doesn't take enough chances for elite players that are available.

Rayman70 likes this.
  8. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

21,493 Messages
    18,018 Likes Received
    The question isn’t just whether we can afford Adams. I’m sure the Cowboys could find a way to do that in the short term, but a team has to look at more than short term. I just don’t think fans are very well equipped to make that decsion for teams. .

9. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Well-Known Member

1,516 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    At least this way you get 5 cheaper years

starfan1 likes this.
  10. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

21,493 Messages
    18,018 Likes Received
    And what if he won’t sign a new contract unless he gets more than the team feels it can pay? Are you willing to give up #17 for just one year of Adams?

stasheroo likes this.
  11. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

14,340 Messages
    6,423 Likes Received
    no, but you hope you learned....and you don't make the same mistake. maybe you consult with several others inside the organization and evaluate...but you keep making mistakes in trades....so I don't tout his skills for making trades....he is not very good at it....

12. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

31,454 Messages
    20,570 Likes Received
    I would give them a 2nd rounder and that's it.

tyke1doe likes this.
  13. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

18,808 Messages
    16,934 Likes Received
    maybe if the timing was different.

14. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

5,117 Messages
    4,264 Likes Received
    We won’t get both if the Jets stick to wanting a 1st - unless it’s next draft’s 1st.

15. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

4,764 Messages
    4,924 Likes Received
    I hear people’s argument on why the Jets would want more but in reality the Jets have done nothing with Adams on their team. The way the NFL is going the safety position is not a key position on defense. I believe the Jets have multiple positions to fill. They need at least a cornerback, offensive lineman, wide receiver, and pass rusher. The 17 pick could certainly fill one of those positions. If the Jets don’t want to pay the contract for Adams, the 17th pick would be hard to pass up.

16. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

7,119 Messages
    8,026 Likes Received
    I live in the area. The fan base fully believes they are headed in the right direction and they expect to contend for the playoffs this year.

Adams the leader of that defense and their best player.

I dont even buy that they are trying to move him any longer, let alone for only pick 17.

Theres NO way they can sell that to their fan base right now.

Unless they get multiple premium picks for him in this draft, he isnt going anywhere.

They will keep him and tag him later if need be.

17. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

25,896 Messages
    63,379 Likes Received
    Not gonna happen. Too many odds.