The draft and our division

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
What blue chipper or steal would you hate to see go to one of our division opponents?
Philly: As unlikely as it is I would certainly hope none of the top RBs slide down to them. Sadly, when counting in trade options, the draft and free agency you can't throw a rock without hitting an improved option for their rushing attack. (The Dorsey Levens part, not the Westbrook part)
Washington: Their defense was pretty impressive last year and they have an excellent d-coordinator. They obviously pick before us and seem to be the first team in the draft order that needs a pass rushing DE so all options are available to them. Hopefully Snyder goofs it up. The Raiders could go DE as well though.
Giants: They gave up alot for Manning which will hurt their draft but I think they need help bad at WR so a Troy Williamson, Roddy White or Mark Clayton dropping to them in the 2nd would suck.
Mark Clayton had a good senior bowl week so that probably removes him and a strong combine could eliminate Williamson too.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
What blue chipper or steal would you hate to see go to one of our division opponents?
Philly: As unlikely as it is I would certainly hope none of the top RBs slide down to them. Sadly, when counting in trade options, the draft and free agency you can't throw a rock without hitting an improved option for their rushing attack. (The Dorsey Levens part, not the Westbrook part)
Washington: Their defense was pretty impressive last year and they have an excellent d-coordinator. They obviously pick before us and seem to be the first team in the draft order that needs a pass rushing DE so all options are available to them. Hopefully Snyder goofs it up. The Raiders could go DE as well though.
Giants: They gave up alot for Manning which will hurt their draft but I think they need help bad at WR so a Troy Williamson, Roddy White or Mark Clayton dropping to them in the 2nd would suck.
Mark Clayton had a good senior bowl week so that probably removes him and a strong combine could eliminate Williamson too.

I would hate to see Wash end up with either Williams or Edwards, but is a real possibility they will get one fo them....

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
That's what I was going to say. I would to hate to see Washington get Edwards or Williams.

The Eagles... Clayton, Williamson, Roddy White or any of the higher ranked WRs.

As for the Giants... since they don't pick in the first round... I'm not worried about it.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
OUr division doesnt have any stud wideouts so I would say williamson or Williams to either the giants or skins would be disappointing and bad news. (forget about TO)

cowboygert said:
That's what I was going to say. I would to hate to see Washington get Edwards or Williams.

The Eagles... Clayton, Williamson, Roddy White or any of the higher ranked WRs.

As for the Giants... since they don't pick in the first round... I'm not worried about it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
OUr division doesnt have any stud wideouts so I would say williamson or Williams to either the giants or skins would be disappointing and bad news. (forget about TO)

Last time I checked the Eagles had a pretty decent WR...anyone confirm this? ;)

lkelly

Reaction score
With 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, the Eagles should be able to upgrade their running game without a problem. They will continue to be good for the next few years, barring a serious injury to McNabb or the death of their coach due to obesity.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Last time I checked the Eagles had a pretty decent WR...anyone confirm this? ;)
Yeah, that Freddie Mitchell is something. :loser:

zagnut

Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:

I agree on Philly. I'd hate to see Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams drop down to them. Honestly, there are so many RBs this year, I think it's inevitable they end up with one - probably Eric Shelton or Marion Barber.

Washington's would be Mike Williams. I don't care so much about Braylon Edwards. I see greatness in Mike Williams. All said, if they can't develop Ramsey, the WR won't have much more of an effect than Coles.

Giants can't really do anything that would concern me. Getting Eli last year was enough for both years. I hope to God he doesn't end up as good as Peyton. Maybe if they drafted Vincent Jackson or Larry Brackins and they fully realize their potential.