The Elite QB Farce

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Here’s a list off top of my head of Hall of Famers without a championship our brilliant residence above fan is calling losers. Lol

Dick Butkus
Gayle Sayers
Deacon Jones
Carl Eller
OJ Simpson
Earl Campbell
Dan Marino
Barry Sanders
Erik Dickerson
Dan Fouts
Fran Tarkenton
Jim Kelly
Charley Joiner
Thurman Thomas
Kellen Winslow

I guess we can add Jason Witten to this HOF losers too.

The list goes on . All losers without a championship. Lol
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...fame-players-to-never-win-a-super-bowl#slide0

yep, Id rather have whatever RB was back there for the Eagkes over Earl Cambell or OJ Simpson.... those guys are losers... no rings baby. Whoever that was for the Eagles... hes a champion.... lol... you must be out of your mind.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
yep, Id rather have whatever RB was back there for the Eagkes over Earl Cambell or OJ Simpson.... those guys are losers... no rings baby. Whoever that was for the Eagles... hes a champion.... lol... you must be out of your mind.
Yea, Earl and OJ suked cause they didn’t win a championship . Lol

What , are these fans like 12? Well, they should embrace my Super Bowl or bust mockery for Fat Mikey. Ha

keysersoze

Reaction score
No, we acknowledge great talent without winning championships. Like the HOF does.
Yea. Whatever. I’m done with this subject. Who cares what you think? Dak is our quarterback and will be for years to come. You just keep on wishing for his demise. You’ll be miserable as usual

Sheepish

Reaction score
Russell Wilson and the Seahawks won when he was still in his rookie contract and they were paying out for their secondary and DL. Rodgers won in 2011 prior to his first big contract. Even teams that lost in the SB like the Rams also got there when Goff was in his rookie contract.

Mahomes is in the SB during his rookie contract right now. Foles was a backup and Wentz was in his rookie contract when they won. Eli Manning won in 2007, also during his rookie contract.

The bottom line is that if you can draft an elite QB and get him for 4-5 years on a rookie contract, that is your best shot at making the Super Bowl. The main exception to this rule is when you have an elite veteran QB accompanied with elite or very good coaching (Brady-Belichick, Brees-Payton in 2010, Roethlisberger-Tomlin in 2009).

Another factor could be if you have an elite or very good veteran QB and that QB is in the later stages of a contract when inflation of salaries renders his original contract less impactful.

The Broncos won with Manning and Kubiak, but they also hit big in the draft on defense with players like Von Miller. Then you also have the Ravens-49ers. In that case, the 49ers had Colin Kaepernick in his rookie contract, but the Ravens had Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh, if you want to call him elite.

Problem is, elite coaching is also hard to come by, and despite some positives, I'm not sure if I'd call McCarthy elite.

jnday

Reaction score
This is going to be a long and childish offseason if there are more threads like these in the works.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE.... o_O
3n95cl.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea. Whatever. I’m done with this subject. Who cares what you think? Dak is our quarterback and will be for years to come. You just keep on wishing for his demise. You’ll be miserable as usual
Is this what it’s about with you. Attempting to discredit the greats in HOF to uplift Dak? Now I get it. At least makes more sense now.

And I’m pulling for Daks success. Don’t misinterpret criticism.

He could become a World Champion without being Elite. Which is what this thread was about.