The end for Jason Garrett

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Let us assume Jerry is smart. Next 6 games...

Titans, Eagles, Falcons, Skins, Saints, Eagles.

I see 2 wins so it is looking like 5-8. Jerry has to be under pressure to sell advertising, beverage contracts, apparel, hotel rooms, and luxury suites next season so he has to make a change. The natural choice is Richard but do you give this team to a first time coach? No. You fire Garrett and give Richard a trial. If he is GREAT you consider him but only if he is GREAT. The smart choice would be to bring in an established coach, even if from college. I am on the record with Shaw being my pick. My gut tells me Jerry will go after Riley or Herman. Both would be idiotic but anything is better than the current regime.

If the next few games go badly would you fire Red and see what you have in Richard? You have to kick the tires as making another mistake would kill the next decade. I think that is the smart play. Right?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Haha apologises Bro, I couldn't get past the 2 wins. Can this team score enough to keep up w/ with this part of the schedule?

Anyways, this team has so many excuses for losing they'll roll some tired/lame narrative out there in attempt to justify JG holding his post.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Haha apologises Bro, I couldn't get past the 2 wins. Can this team score enough to keep up w/ with this part of the schedule?

Anyways, this team has so many excuses for losing they'll roll some tired/lame narrative out there in attempt to justify JG holding his post.

I will give them the Titans and one of the home games vs Skins or Eagles. 2 is definitely possible.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Let us assume Jerry is smart. Next 6 games...

Titans, Eagles, Falcons, Skins, Saints, Eagles.

I see 2 wins so it is looking like 5-8. Jerry has to be under pressure to sell advertising, beverage contracts, apparel, hotel rooms, and luxury suites next season so he has to make a change. The natural choice is Richard but do you give this team to a first time coach? No. You fire Garrett and give Richard a trial. If he is GREAT you consider him but only if he is GREAT. The smart choice would be to bring in an established coach, even if from college. I am on the record with Shaw being my pick. My gut tells me Jerry will go after Riley or Herman. Both would be idiotic but anything is better than the current regime.

If the next few games go badly would you fire Red and see what you have in Richard? You have to kick the tires as making another mistake would kill the next decade. I think that is the smart play. Right?
It's amazing to me why people dont listen to Jerry Jones. They rather speculate on their desires.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is a picture of the current Jerry Jones in conversation this week:

2014_NS_23CONFERENCE9_38940921-768x573.jpg

Sorry, he doesn't look 'lost in space' but he does look concerned on current achievement levels. The team had better be improved or something is actually up in the organization.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

No. Because Jones is firmly committed to Garrett. I don't see any way other than losing out the season that he elects to dump him.

The affinity is that deep.

This is his handpicked perfect head coach. Has been since forever.

Diplomatic to the media. Seems intelligent. Carries himself like a professional.

Has the team battlin' and clawin' for wins.

Is capable of maintaining relevance, even if it is at his own expense, making him look like a fool that can't manage a football game.

His ineptitude does not bother the lowbrows in the fanbase like Wade Phillips did.

He is the perfect head coach for Jerry Jones.

Anyone else is a stranger and that is where it gets complicated.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I will give them the Titans and one of the home games vs Skins or Eagles. 2 is definitely possible.
I guess, they do tend to split with division foes. Plus, they play much better at home, so there's that. Still I don't trust this team tho.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
This is a picture of the current Jerry Jones in conversation this week:

2014_NS_23CONFERENCE9_38940921-768x573.jpg

Sorry, he doesn't look 'lost in space' but he does look concerned on current achievement levels. The team had better be improved or something is actually up in the organization.

Why does Jerry use a wig ? ...

Anyway , I would give richard the rest of the season ... but Garrett is going no where .

Pants

Reaction score
The end of the bye week? The World Series is over so I guess it’s back to beating a coach (notice I didn’t say coaching)...this clapping Buffon needs to go and nothing short of 10 losses gets that on the agenda.

Nite: raiders agree with tanking to get rid of him

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a realistic scenario...

Richard gets officially promoted to DC and assistant head Coach. Linehan is fired. Jason stays. Jerry and Jason hire another OC to work with Dak and the offense.

Keep in mind I said realistic... Not ideal.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why does Jerry use a wig ? ...

Anyway , I would give richard the rest of the season ... but Garrett is going no where .

Insult away, but also explain away this:

The Cowboys are on pace to allow 281 points this season, a current average of 17.6 per game. Since the NFL moved to a 16-game schedule in 1978, they’ve been at or below that number 10 times: 2009, 2003, 1999, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1981, 1978. The club made the playoffs all 10 times, reached at least the NFC title game five times and played in three Super Bowls, winning two.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/3-out-breaking-down-3-levels-of-change

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here is a realistic scenario...

Richard gets officially promoted to DC and assistant head Coach. Linehan is fired. Jason stays. Jerry and Jason hire another OC to work with Dak and the offense.

A valid possibility...and now is the heat on for Linehan, then.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Insult away, but also explain away this:

The Cowboys are on pace to allow 281 points this season, a current average of 17.6 per game. Since the NFL moved to a 16-game schedule in 1978, they’ve been at or below that number 10 times: 2009, 2003, 1999, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1981, 1978. The club made the playoffs all 10 times, reached at least the NFC title game five times and played in three Super Bowls, winning two.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/3-out-breaking-down-3-levels-of-change

Jerry does use a wig . Why is that an insult ?

I doubt they put Richard as HC , because as many know, everyone around Garrett change; but the Jones want him as HC .

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Keep in mind I said realistic... Not ideal.

You know, you are not a very nice person for proposing this. It has too strong of a chance to be accurate.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You really just that biased, yourself? He's expressing as a fan has a right. You running him down for that?

The post was a hypothetical asking for opinions. That what this Forum is for the most part. Don’t like a post move on. No need to be a smart azz.